IGNORED

Scouts Looking At Leroy

Guest BCFCTILLIDIE2005

Guest BCFCTILLIDIE2005

At the Colchester game a number of 22 scouts from different clubs around the country were looking at a number of players in our team (mainly looking at Leroy). Rumor has it that Steve Bruce will be down the Gate tonight looking at are goal machine. We are lucky that the transfer market is closed as premiership clubs cant buy him. Please stay Leroy we need you!!!!!!!!

At the Colchester game a number of 22 scouts from different clubs around the country were looking at a number of players in our team (mainly looking at Leroy). Rumor has it that Steve Bruce will be down the Gate tonight looking at are goal machine. We are lucky that the transfer market is closed as premiership clubs cant buy him. Please stay Leroy we need you!!!!!!!!

Rumour has it? Bloke down the pub was it?

I think Leroy's too old for the Scouts :Confused13:

Fred you stole my Avatar :@

Its ok, I cant host mine now because I ran out of free somthing and it took it away.

Its cool though innit? :whistle:

Better add to the thread...

Ummm Leroy will leave and the end of the season, there has already been a deal done behind the curtains.

Norwich i expect will sign him

The more the merrier...maybe we can put him on ebay and see who bids highest!

This definitely sounds like a 'mate at the pub' rumour but 2 goals already tonight...they are going to start taking him more seriously now with each game now than back during the first couple of months of the season.... I've also noticed just in the highlights on world that he's trying to play more intelligently...looking for easier passes to team mates on occasions compared to head down and selfish at the beginning. He's definitely not the finished article yet but you can see his intelligence and understanding of the game and that he is serious about bettering himself.

This definitely sounds like a 'mate at the pub' rumour but 2 goals already tonight...they are going to start taking him more seriously now with each game now than back during the first couple of months of the season.... I've also noticed just in the highlights on world that he's trying to play more intelligently...looking for easier passes to team mates on occasions compared to head down and selfish at the beginning. He's definitely not the finished article yet but you can see his intelligence and understanding of the game and that he is serious about bettering himself.

He scored 2 tpnight but was otherwise very gready and didn't look anything like a premiership striker.

Your rumour was spot on. Bruce was sat in the Directors box. Mind you his son was playing for Oldham.

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
We better ask DAMIEN-LITA about this, as he seems to have Leroy's career mapped out for him already...

Someones tired !! Just to let you know bwch! Leroy does not care who comes to watch him now, He just wants to get on with the game and show what he is capable of on the pitch.....@ Bristol City ! Sorry if the info i give you is not to your liking but everything i ever comment on is the truth and better than that it is FACT !

Sorry he only scored 2 tonight i suppose you will expect better of him on Saturday !! :whistle:

Tonight he scored two good early goals, the first a real poachers one and the second from his own work hassling a defender with a classy finish.

However after that he seemed to play for his hatrick instead of the team. He lost the ball several times trying to beat people when he could have passed and turned down a clear cut opportunity to drill the ball across the face of goal for no good reason. He did manage to get off a good snap shot when the ball fell to him in the box wihch went just over but most other times he simply kept the ball too long. I can understand the strikers greed when they take a shot over a better positioned player but he wasn't shooting he was just running into dead ends out wide and passing would have been better.

He's got some great attributes and with the right development he could go far but I found myself thinking on about 70 mins that he should have been taken off for Heffernan instead of Brooker to keep his feet on the ground.

Not slating him, he's been great for us this year and his goal haul is phenominal, but on tonight's show I can't see that the intelligence and understanding has improved much really - he has alot of work to do there still.

A while back I read Magic Johnson's autobiography. (An all time great basketball player). He says in there that when Michael Jordan first joined Chicago as a rookie he was awesome, he did everything and scored huge point tallys, but the team performed poorly for two years. It wasn't until he learned to do less and bring other players in more that they became unstoppable in the 90s. His individual stats went down but the team won. Not the same sport but something to think on.

Nibor

At Leroy). Rumor has it that Steve Bruce will be down the Gate tonight looking at are goal machine.

Fact is that Steve Bruce was down at the gate tonight not sure if he was watching Leroy or if he just came down to watch his son play who actually played at right back for Oldham.

But he did sit in the Directors Box

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
Tonight he scored two good early goals, the first a real poachers one and the second from his own work hassling a defender with a classy finish.

However after that he seemed to play for his hatrick instead of the team.  He lost the ball several times trying to beat people when he could have passed and turned down a clear cut opportunity to drill the ball across the face of goal for no good reason.  He did manage to get off a good snap shot when the ball fell to him in the box wihch went just over but most other times he simply kept the ball too long.  I can understand the strikers greed when they take a shot over a better positioned player but he wasn't shooting he was just running into dead ends out wide and passing would have been better.

He's got some great attributes and with the right development he could go far but I found myself thinking on about 70 mins that he should have been taken off for Heffernan instead of Brooker to keep his feet on the ground.

Not slating him, he's been great for us this year and his goal haul is phenominal, but on tonight's show I can't see that the intelligence and understanding has improved much really - he has alot of work to do there still.

A while back I read Magic Johnson's autobiography.  (An all time great basketball player).  He says in there that when Michael Jordan first joined Chicago as a rookie he was awesome, he did everything and scored huge point tallys, but the team performed poorly for two years.  It wasn't until he learned to do less and bring other players in more that they became unstoppable in the 90s.  His individual stats went down but the team won.  Not the same sport but something to think on.

Nibor

:Sleep12: I would not expect anything else from this forum !

Er, that was a fair and constructive review of Leroy's performance tonight, so what is your problem? Basically we all love Leroy because he scores for fun. Tonight he most definitely didn't 'play for the team' but as long as he scores goals like that and we win, then no one will be complaining.

But that doesn't detract from the fact his overall game needs some working on, as no doubt the lad himself will concede.

I tried to give an honest and balanced opinion. I've never been a fan of extreme hype or the flip side of vitriolic abuse - I don't think either has ever helped anyone.

His first full season would be excellent even if it ended now but I think it would be shortsighted to hail him as the best thing since sliced bread because he can get even better.

Don't think I wasn't shouting his name just as loud as anyone else tonight though.

Nibor

The rumour in Burnley, is that they are interested in him.

Do tell more. How do you know this?

The Burnley rumour has been knocking around their message boards for a couple of weeks. Although from a friend of mine who is a keen Burnley fan no serious moves are being made at the moment.

They have £1.5m+ in the bank from the sales of Blake and Chaplow and desparately need a striker of Leroy's type but may be waiting til the summer as they are nice and safe in the Championship.

Unfortunately for us scoring 25 goals as well as paying for the U-21's is going to shove the lad into the windo and people are going to watch.

Championship clubs may be prepared to open their wallets now but as for Premiership - i think he'll need to do it again next year before the're prepared to spend teh sort of money we should be looking at.

As for tonight thought Leroy did well - was greedy going for his hat trick in the second half but we were 4-0 up by that point so it didnt really matter. If it had been 2-1 I'd have been a bit miffed!!!!

Your rumour was spot on. Bruce was sat in the Directors box. Mind you his son was playing for Oldham.

Also bear in mind that Steve Bruce and Brian Tinnion are really good friends - so it could all be more innocent that people think!

Bruce watching his son play and also a chance to watch his pal Tins team.

The Burnley rumour has been knocking around their message boards for a couple of weeks. Although from a friend of mine who is a keen Burnley fan no serious moves are being made at the moment.

They have £1.5m+ in the bank from the sales of Blake and Chaplow and desparately need a striker of Leroy's type but may be waiting til the summer as they are nice and safe in the Championship.

Unfortunately for us scoring 25 goals as well as paying for the U-21's is going to shove the lad into the windo and people are going to watch.

Championship clubs may be prepared to open their wallets now but as for Premiership - i think he'll need to do it again next year before the're prepared to spend teh sort of money we should be looking at.

As for tonight thought Leroy did well - was greedy going for his hat trick in the second half but we were 4-0 up by that point so it didnt really matter. If it had been 2-1 I'd have been a bit miffed!!!!

Not so sure a Premiership club would baulk at spending a million or more, many of them are used to spending far higher sums without it even necessarily working out.

Much more of a gamble for a team like Burnley who would be using up all their available cash, and would be expecting an immediate impact.

I reckon he'll most likely go to a team on the verge of promotion, like Wigan, or a rebuilding team with parachute payments like Norwich.

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
I tried to give an honest and balanced opinion.  I've never been a fan of extreme hype or the flip side of vitriolic abuse - I don't think either has ever helped anyone.

His first full season would be excellent even if it ended now but I think it would be shortsighted to hail him as the best thing since sliced bread because he can get even better.

Don't think I wasn't shouting his name just as loud as anyone else tonight though.

Nibor

I know more than anyone that his game can and will improve, I kicked off about the fact that he kept "falling over". I respect your comments but for gods sake , The team won, Leroy scored 2 and even by his own admission they could have won by 8 goals ! Cant we just give credit where credit is due for one night and praise the lads. The other thing is that the midfield play square balls when they could play the balls in front for the forwards to run onto, but know one spotted that ! Well done to city and i,m not here to fall out with anyone !!

Not so sure a Premiership club would baulk at spending a million or more, many of them are used to spending far higher sums without it even necessarily working out.

Much more of a gamble for a team like Burnley who would be using up all their available cash, and would be expecting an immediate impact.

I reckon he'll most likely go to a team on the verge of promotion, like Wigan, or a rebuilding team with parachute payments like Norwich.

Maybe but look at how long its taken people like Earnshaw and Ashton to get into Premierhip clubs - and poo ones at that - but realistically those are the same clubs (i.e. the bottom six) who may be desparate enough to sign him.

I don't think Prem clubs will take a big risk anymore on players from outside the championship - especially when it comes to the hardest job of all in rattling the onion bag - Jon Stead is showing now that whilst it may pay off short term long term it may prove an utter waste of money.

Agreed top half of championsghip more likely - but aside from Wigan who's got any real money? And Paul Jewell seems intent on signing more aof a target man than anything else at the moment for some bizarre reason.

Maybe but look at how long its taken people like Earnshaw and Ashton to get into Premierhip clubs - and poo ones at that - but realistically those are the same clubs (i.e. the bottom six) who may be desparate enough to sign him.

I don't think Prem clubs will take a big risk anymore on players from outside the championship - especially when it comes to the hardest job of all in rattling the onion bag - Jon Stead is showing now that whilst it may pay off short term long term it may prove an utter waste of money.

Agreed top half of championsghip more likely - but aside from Wigan who's got any real money? And Paul Jewell seems intent on signing more aof a target man than anything else at the moment for some bizarre reason.

Not top half, but Nottm. Forest have just had a big influx from the Reid/Dawson sales and it's not all going to repaying debts.

Then there's Leeds who despite everything seem to buy players all the time and now have Bates's money to play with.

Could be anyone really, all clubs seem to find money when they really need it, be they pushing for the top or scrambling to avoid the drop.

I know more than anyone that his game can and will improve, I kicked off about the fact that he kept "falling over". I respect your comments but for gods sake , The team won, Leroy scored 2 and even by his own admission they could have won by 8 goals ! Cant we just give credit where credit is due for one night and praise the lads. The other thing is that the midfield play square balls when they could play the balls in front for the forwards to run onto, but know one spotted that ! Well done to city and i,m not here to fall out with anyone !!

I didn't mention any falling over and I think I did give some credit, I was just trying to balance it out because there were things to be learned. He is a great young player and he will only get better, I just hope the coaching is up to it.

I agree about the square balls, in one of the other threads I mentioned Lita getting into some great positions for through balls. He seems to me to do far better with the ball played in front of him behind the defence than he does to feet which isn't unusual with pacy strikers - it's a pity he doesn't get more of that type of service.

No falling out on here as far as I'm concerned, it's a forum :whistle:

Nibor

Archived