IGNORED

David Cotterill

BlokeCDP

True - couldn't quite work out the substitutions tonight.

No offence to Murray, but when you are 4-1 up and cruising, is there much point in bringing Murray on?

Maybe Dave tired near the end and Orr was necessary, but what could you stem to lose by putting Golbourne and Anyinsah out to get some more experience and rest a few other legs for Saturday.

this man was without a shadow of a doubt the best player on the pitch for city tonight. All the players did well this evening but Dave who is only 16 or 17. He has a great future ahead of him. Also Scott Brown played amazingly well and Tinnion must be silly not to start the 2 againest Blackpool on Saturday.

Lets Build On These Two Wins And Get A Good Run Going. :whistle:

when you are 4-1 up and cruising, is there much point in bringing Murray on?

Maybe Dave tired near the end and Orr was necessary, but what could you stem to lose by putting Golbourne and Anyinsah out to get some more experience and rest a few other legs for Saturday.

Exactly. I thought that bringing Murray on was totally pointless and did nothing for him or the team. It seemed to me like Tins felt obliged to give his mate a run out. I would have thrown on Anyinsah myself - at 4-1 and cruising in seemed like a perfect opportunity... :whistle:

To be fair,Cotterill got hardly any ball in the first half and because of that was largely anonymous.

Very different story in the second half.With more possesion Cotterill showed what he can do and had the beating of the full back every time.He looked like he'd been playing on the wing for years and his pull back to Brooker was sublime.That little bit of composure when crossing the ball makes all the difference.

Lets hope he can do the same on Saturday.

My understanding of Murray being brought on was to do two things, a) most importantly see what sort of a job Cotteril could do on the left, and secondly to make sure that he realised that one good game dosent give u a right to play every match, competition etc,

So why couldn't Anyinsah be played on the right then instead?

Cotterill has come on as a sub and played on the left previously. Sorry, doesn't make sense to me Duke?

Anyinsah was poor in the ressies last week.

Cotterill perhaps was subbed to get the standing ovation he deserved - hopefully leaving him with a big smile on his face and lots of confidence to rip Butler and co to pieces on Saturday  :whistle:

Fair point Tom. Dave did deserve it.

But....if Anyinsah was so bad and Tins had no realistic idea of picking him, then why pick him and put him on the bench?

Why not someone else * cough cough * Jilly * cough cough *

Damned cough :city:

Didn't start today though :whistle:

Yep, very impressive from Cotterill.

Not a winger but skinned the full back several times and put in composed, measured crosses including the one to tee up Brooker.

He was up to the task physically, had bags of skill and generally one of the most encouraging full home debuts i can remember.

Obviously lots more to come, especially when he gets a chance in his favoured forward position, and has more opportunity to get some shots in.

A huge boost for the Academy because there's little doubt he will go far in the game.

To be fair,Cotterill got hardly any ball in the first half and because of that was largely anonymous.

Very different story in the second half.With more possesion Cotterill showed what he can do and had the beating of the full back every time.He looked like he'd been playing on the wing for years and his pull back to Brooker was sublime.That little bit of composure when crossing the ball makes all the difference.

Spot on assessment Robbored. God their left back must have been glad to see the back of him in the second half.

For a striker he makes a hell of a winger. Youth pace and confidence - a delight to finally see it!!!!!

Composure on the crossing as well was good. How often this year have we seen Murray hammer it across goal to no effect whatsoever? Cotterill on 2 or 3 occasions pulled it back instead. Makes a hell of a difference.

Cotterill was quality and MOTM award well deserved.

I felt at the time the substitution served the purpose of giving Cotterill a well deserved standing ovation, but also of allowing Murray (who despite being maybe the most gifted player in our current squad is desperately low on confidence) the luxury of a run-out at a time when we're already taking the p1$$ down the right and have a comfortable lead - i.e. no pressure.

Personally I would like to see Anyinsah get another chance at home, but would LOVE to see Murray return to his best, which I honestly believe is only a matter of confidence.

I actually thought Brown was more deserving of MOTM tonight, taking nothing away from Cotterill though. Dave looked nervous in the first half and despite trying hard nothing went right or dropped nicely for him, second half was sublime though, like watching the Murray of old, you just knew he would skin the defender each time he picked the ball up.

As I said though I thought Brown was better over 90, his crossing is bloody superb as well, a real zip to it and I wasn't expecting it to be honest.

Favourite moment though had to be in the 77 minute, ball deep in our own half near the corner with an Oldham player, Cotterill and Brown both track back at an insane pace and win the ball back together. With all due respect to our older players, I don't think anybody else would have managed that so late in the game.

Fair point Tom. Dave did deserve it.

But....if Anyinsah was so bad and Tins had no realistic idea of picking him, then why pick him and put him on the bench?

Why not someone else * cough cough * Jilly * cough cough *

Damned cough :whistle:

Cough indeed i think Gilly has a cold and been placed in quarentine. Back from Cheltenham for what i wonder. They have gone off the boil since he left, won one out of 3 i think.Perhaps his comment saying " if things don't work out with City, i hope i can come back".

• Admin

The difference being is that we had a player get behind the defence and actually then LOOKED UP before crossing. Now how long has it been since THAT happened? :city:

His City appearances have only been fleet and he is primarily a striker but I see a little of the Arjen Robben style to our latest Academian. Promising times. :whistle:

Cotterill was quality and MOTM award well deserved.

I felt at the time the substitution served the purpose of giving Cotterill a well deserved standing ovation, but also of allowing Murray (who despite being maybe the most gifted player in our current squad is desperately low on confidence) the luxury of a run-out at a time when we're already taking the p1$$ down the right and have a comfortable lead - i.e. no pressure.

Personally I would like to see Anyinsah get another chance at home, but would LOVE to see Murray return to his best, which I honestly believe is only a matter of confidence.

Forget about Murray, I said at the start of the season and i'll say it again, we don't need him. He's not the player he use to be and never will be again. Murray is definitely not he most gifted played in our squad. I can think of many who are more talented.

Coteril was quality , his silky skills reminded me of man u's ronaldo! As for murray i think he's past it i'm afraid , he has no pace anymore and has lost all of his confidence , those were his two best attributes and i think coteril is better on the right than him. By the way coteril's prefered position is up front but he does play on the right for the under 18 sometimes so he has played there in the past.

Coteril was quality , his silky skills reminded me of man u's ronaldo! As for murray i think he's past it i'm afraid , he has no pace anymore and has lost all of his confidence , those were his two best attributes and i think coteril is better on the right than him. By the way coteril's prefered position is up front but he does play on the right for the under 18 sometimes so he has played there in the past.

Why doesnt Murray go back to being a right back? He'd be better in that position now than right wing surely? Yes i know we already have at least 2 right backs but its just a thought. If we are defensively short he might do it anyway. Anything for a start but we would probably need about 3 or 4 players out for that to happen.

Why doesnt Murray go back to being a right back? He'd be better in that position now than right wing surely? Yes i know we already have at least 2 right backs but its just a thought. If we are defensively short he might do it anyway. Anything for a start but we would probably need about 3 or 4 players out for that to happen.

One problem with that idea mate , murray cant tackle! :ph34r:

Yeah but its better than him constantly being tackled?  :ph34r:

so your suggesting we stick someone who has no clue defencively , cant tackle , cant head a ball and cant go forwards anymore at right back. Doesnt sound like a good idea to me. Just because he used to be good doesnt mean we have to fit him into the team , we have better right wingers in anyinsah and coteril now and we have MUCH better right backs.

Archived