IGNORED

Getting Fed Up With This Tv Coverage Yeovil

Never to the dark side

HTV live from Huish Park

Then it was West Countrys turn to be LIVE from Huish Park

Then turn over to BBC points west with David Passmore LIVE from Yeovil

Then its BBC Spolights turn(thats the region that should look after Devon and Cornwall football) another LIVE from report from Huish park

I am now taking bets BBC football focus will have another report on saturday

about Yeovil

HTV live from Huish Park

Then it was West Countrys turn to be LIVE from Huish Park

Then turn over to BBC points west with David Passmore LIVE from Yeovil

Then its BBC Spolights turn(thats the region that should look after Devon and Cornwall football) another LIVE from report from Huish park

I am now taking bets BBC football focus will have another report on saturday

about Yeovil

Yeovil deserve it, does your TV not have an OFF switch?

It's all about exposure, and everything else that comes with drawing a big team in the cup.

It doesn't bother me, because by Monday evening it will all be over (unless of course Yeovil win or draw...)

If it was us against Liverpool, then I'm sure that we would have a bit of coverage as well. Possibly not as much as Yeovil due to them just being promoted, and currently going well in the league etc, but exposure nevertheless.

for once I have to agree with you dark side. the coverage of yeovil v liverpool on local west country television is totally disproportionate to the match. it is - after all - only one of the many huge matches that are taking place in this neck of the woods this weekend. why - htv and points west could have focussed on city versus whoever it is they are playing or rovers versus whoever it is they are playing (remind me dark side). maybe the cameras should have been live at twerton park in anticipation of their massive fixture versus hednesford or at hardenhuish park for their hugely important game versus nuneaton. supporters of keynsham and mangotsfield or hallen or yate must be feeling equally distraught that their matches are not receiving equal coverage to that rather run-of-the-mill fixture down in south somerset that really has failed to catch the region's attention - never mind the nation's. if this game gets featured on nationwide television then I really will feel that the media have got things totally wrong. after all - it is only yeovil town versus liverpool - a totally insignificant fixture in the great scheme of things.

Guest Spunkwood

yea but ure from backwell son what division are they in and yea did we ever get this much press coverage when we had liverpool in the FA cuo 3rd round :wacko:

Guest pogue mahone

the reason why the bbc are hyping it up is for the simple reason that they have very little rights to any live sports coverage anymore. which in my opinion is a good thing as they are so obsessed with the "david v goliath" vibe that it is tedious in the extreme.

robbored - don't be silly the fa cup is all about money for the top sides and the top brass at soho square, not minnows v giants.

spunkwood - when we played liverpool we were in division 1, not nearly as "glamorous" to the bbc as a side in their first season in the league with a so-called (but actually ancient) tradition of giant killing.

i predict a regulation 2-0 or 3-0 away win which always seems to be the case when the bbc are in town

oh come on. Be fair. It's possibly the biggest match in the club's history. It is still one of the best team's in the country, one of the biggest clubs, with a superb history, millions of fans worldwide (and in Somerset!), with some world-class players.

They have earned the right to have the coverage by getting through to the 3rd Round. If we had got there and had Liverpool at home we'd have the coverage and we wouldn't complain.

We have to accept that there are other clubs in the area. Even if Rovers had Liverpool at home we should accept that they will get press coverage.

They have earned the right to have the coverage by getting through to the 3rd Round. If we had got there and had Liverpool at home we'd have the coverage and we wouldn't complain.

I couldn't agree more. They deserve it and all credit to them for for it. The way the fans and the whole town have gone into the spirit of things is what the FA Cup is all about. Not to mention the way they are currently conducting themselves on the pitch (the players performance and the atmosphere in the ground), I'm looking forward to the day we meet them...wherever that may be.

If we had reached the 3rd round and drawn Liverpool we would rightly be enjoying every minute of it, just as Yeovil are now.

Archived