IGNORED

The New Stand Plans

mercury

looking at the plans of the proposed new stand, the roof appears to pointing in an upward direction, the same as the atyeo stand, as we well know, this does not help accoustically when the crowd are singing, as the noise goes straight up. on the other hand, you can have 30 or so people in the current east end, (roof in a downward direction) and they make more noise than the rest of the stadium. Anyone else feel the same way?

Acoustic experts were consulted when planning for the new stand and they all came back and said that having the roof as it is provides the best acoustics.

Having the roof in a downward direction would keep the 10 fans or so that'll actually bother singing's noise in the stand.

I learned my lesson on this once before.

After posting that the Ateyeo stand didn't favour noise, some wise sage pointed out that maybe we should try singing louder.

I got my coat on that one!

But he's right, it's not about the stand, it's about the noise we choose to make.

:ph34r:

Acoustic experts were consulted when planning for the new stand and they all came back and said that having the roof as it is provides the best acoustics.

Having the roof in a downward direction would keep the 10 fans or so that'll actually bother singing's noise in the stand.

I think I read somewhere that the roof was going to be part solid part transparent in one of Colin Sexstone's answers. A bit like the one over the Kop at Anfield presumably.

When I think back to when the Atyeo was first built it made a lot more noise - it definitely matched the East End.

This opinion is taken from my old vantage point in the Dolman, which was closer to the East End then the Atyeo.

I agree that it's probably more the fans choosing to sing loudly together then the slope of the roof that would decide how much noise is produced.

The people who are building Wembley Stadium spent something like £10m on acoustics research and it is being made to make a maximum amount of noise. You may have noticed that the roof on the new Wembley is also slanted upwards.

Good point, just had a look at the website for the development of Wembley Stadium and it does point upwards.

Some great Webcams on the website as well as pictures. Wonder if there will be webcams overlooking the development at AG....nah !

MM

Guest bcfccider

When we beat Hartlepool last season you will remember not only that there was an immense amount of noise, but the stands were shaking!!!

Oh for that feeling again...

Guest bcfccider
When we beat Hartlepool last season you will remember not only that there was an immense amount of noise, but the stands were shaking!!!

Oh for that feeling again...

I had a bitter post removed (which admittedly was out of order) but Brighton were out of sorts all last season, fluked their way past Swindon and then crept past us in the final.

It will be a job to get to the play offs, but on our day we can beat/draw with the best sides away from home.

I am trying to be optimistic!

I think I read somewhere that the roof was going to be part solid part transparent in one of Colin Sexstone's answers. A bit like the one over the Kop at Anfield presumably.

Do you mean translucent? To let light in so that the growth of the pitch doesn't get effected.

I had a bitter post removed (which admittedly was out of order) but Brighton were out of sorts all last season, fluked their way past Swindon and then crept past us in the final.

It will be a job to get to the play offs, but on our day we can beat/draw with the best sides away from home.

I am trying to be optimistic!

I'd put my mortgage on our very best form against anyone else's very best form anyday (including Luton !

Do you mean translucent? To let light in so that the growth of the pitch doesn't get effected.

I haven't seen the Kop roof up close so I don't know if it's transparent or translucent. But to let light through, yes.

I'm sure I read this in one of Colin Sexstone's answers but I'm beginning to doubt myself now.

Guest Jamesonjoe

3d_amphi_sce01.gif

This was Chesterfields version of new high tech stadia

but sadly the funds were alledgedly misappropiated.

As you can see the roof is also slanted out and up, all

the better for the poor misguided souls who support

the Spirerites to throw themselves off and put an end

to their misery..... :P

Quote.....

The presence of a roof-which was necessary to

protect the stage and to direct the actors' and singers'

voices out towards the audience-was confirmed by the

discovery of a large number of roof tiles in the vicinity.

:ph34r:

Its a good suggestion, with the wireless deal a while ago.. well there is no reason to not do it. Infact I may mention it to Adam sometime

Go for it Tom. I live over looking the stadium, but this will be a great way for fans living outside Bristol to watch development over the pre-season.

MM

3d_amphi_sce01.gif

This was Chesterfields version of new high tech stadia

but sadly the funds were alledgedly misappropiated.

As you can see the roof is also slanted out and up, all

the better for the poor misguided souls who support

the Spirerites to throw themselves off and put an end

to their misery..... :P   

Quote.....

The presence of a roof-which was necessary to

protect the stage and to direct the actors' and singers'

voices out towards the audience-was confirmed by the

discovery of a large number of roof tiles in the vicinity.

;)

that looks more like a train station entrance rather than a high teq stadia, or isit just me :ph34r:

I mentioned this on another thread but it's worth bearing in mind that a shape that makes the noise on the pitch louder and one that make the noise in the stand louder are not necessarily the same.

Are we trying to influence the players with noise or sound good on telly?

Nibor

Archived