IGNORED

New Badge - Revealed?

Ian M

• Admin

Flicking through the Debenture Seat stuff and saw a mock up of next season's season ticket book with the following club badge on the cover. Is this our new badge? Seems like the club have tried to include a robin on it but I just reckon it looks naff and just makes me cringe :ph34r:

0506badge3se.jpg

Airbrush out the robin and it doesn't look half as bad.....

0506badge27ti.jpg

The one thing I really miss about the old badge, more so than the robin, is the Suspension Bridge. It is instantly recognisable and brilliantly Bristolian.

Just as Plymouth proudly boast the Mayflower, and Liverpool boast the liverbirds etc etc- we should proudly boast the instantly recognisable and majestic bridge that has overlooked our ground for the past 100 years.

Flicking through the Debenture Seat stuff and saw a mock up of next season's season ticket book with the following club badge on the cover. Is this our new badge? Seems like the club have tried to include a robin on it but I just reckon it looks naff and just makes me cringe  :city:

0506badge3se.jpg

Airbrush out the robin and it doesn't look half as bad.....

0506badge27ti.jpg

Well spotted Madger.

Yes, the badge design was put to the FCC recently & it is due to be launched officially soon.

Robin was originally excluded, but many felt it should be included.

I think perched on the sail looks naff, but the majority have it.

The new kit & sponsor is not far off too.

Well spotted Madger.

Yes, the badge design was put to the FCC recently & it is due to be launched officially soon.

The reasoning behind the change will be detailed I am sure very soon.

But all geared towards 'brand awareness' & indentifying with Bristol City Football Club.

The current crest is not so indentifable & the new design will gve much clearer awareness of the club.

The reasoning behind the change will be detailed I am sure very soon.

But all geared towards 'brand awareness' & indentifying with Bristol City Football Club.

The current crest is not so indentifable & the new design will gve much clearer awareness of the club.

Whilst looking pretty lame if you ask me.

If they're going to change it, then change it back to the old one with the Robin.

Sorry but I don't like that badge at all.

Well spotted Madger.

Did anyone on the FCC venture to suggest that, perhaps, the new badge actually wasn't very good, Robin or no Robin?

If a new badge was deemed a necessity, couldn't a selection of designs have been put forward for fans to vote on?

Whilst looking pretty lame if you ask me.

If they're going to change it, then change it back to the old one with the Robin.

Sorry but I don't like that badge at all.

I agree. It looks to me as though the castle is on the ship. I'm all in favour of a new badge because the current crest looks so much like plenty of others, ie Man City. I also agree that the old 70s robin badge symbolises Bristol City, instantly recognizable, and looks good as a tattoo on my arm.

Did anyone on the FCC venture to suggest that, perhaps, the new badge actually wasn't very good, Robin or no Robin?

If a new badge was deemed a necessity, couldn't a selection of designs have been put forward for fans to vote on?

Very much part of the 'brand awareness' campaign to get the club identity more focused.

The general design was in place & then developed through the FCC.

It was thought that the robin should have an inclusion somewhere, hence the detail on the sail.

So yep, the FCC had an input with regards to the final design.

Fan consultation - along the way.

But with any type of committee or fan base, it will be difficult to please all concerned.

Thats why the FCC was set up.

They could be looking for new members soon, so get those pens at the ready.

Very much part of the 'brand awareness' campaign to get the club identity more focused.

The general design was in place & then developed through the FCC.

It was thought that the robin should have an inclusion somewhere, hence the detail on the sail.

So yep, the FCC had an input with regards to the final design.

Fan consultation - along the way.

But with any type of committee or fan base, it will be difficult to please all concerned.

Thats why the FCC was set up.

They could be looking for new members soon, so get those pens at the ready.

Don't really understand the club identity thing with that emblem, Richie, we're Bristol City Football Club, not historical Bristol. Unfortunately there are 2 "Bristol" clubs.

How much input did the FCC have on the design put in front of them, was it simply adding the Robin? Could the FCC not have put some designs on here to see the general reaction?

The Rovers badge is an iffeminate Pirate but at least it's uniquely and immediately identifiable as their crest.

An updated version of the Suspension Bridge/Robin/Football badge would have knocked the spots off this one and been immediately associated with Bristol and City. Is that some sort of ancient type scaffolding between the Castle and the first sail? I'm pretty sure my 16 year old daughter, who's doing A'Level Art, could do a better one in half an hour. :city:

Establishing the club's identity through brand awareness is exactly what is wrong with the club's identity. I'd rather we had an identity about hard graft on the pitch and never quitting than some ponsy logo personally.

Some business people fail to realise the basic difference between football and other businesses. You might buy trainers based on a brand and logo but you'll never support a different football team because of it.

Nibor

Establishing the club's identity through brand awareness is exactly what is wrong with the club's identity.  I'd rather we had an identity about hard graft on the pitch and never quitting than some ponsy logo personally.

Some business people fail to realise the basic difference between football and other businesses.  You might buy trainers based on a brand and logo but you'll never support a different football team because of it.

Nibor

I agree entirely with Nibor and may I add that our current traditional badge is, more-or-less, the one with which we started our league career back in 1901. The ship sailing from ye olde Bristol castle would more likely of been displaying the 'Jolly Roger' skull and cross bones (the Gas emblem) rather than a robin :city::grr:

I agree entirely with Nibor and may I add that our current traditional badge is, more-or-less, the one with which we started our league career back in 1901. The ship sailing from ye olde Bristol castle would more likely of been displaying the 'Jolly Roger' skull and cross bones (the Gas emblem) rather than a robin  :city:  :grr:

They'd better not. Only two months ago I got the thing tattooed onto me!

Gok knows what I'll do if thy change it again!!!

Looks rubbish.

I know you won't please everyone, but I can't see the majority of people even liking this one.

I've always been for keeping the crest and putting the Robin on the sleeve or on the back of the neck.

Or even better, just bring back the robin.

But this thing, even I could have drawn it. I know it represents Bristol, but what the hell is the robin doing on the sail?

Looks absolutely naff

Guest North Street

That thing looks truly vile!Take away the Bristol City and the Robin and it is instantly recognisable as ? Bring back the Robin which is still associated with Bristol City by most non City fans and provides a real identity.This may even stimulate an improvemnt in sales of merchandise for the club.

• Admin
There is no need whatsoever. The club should surely know that the image is not the problem, the current position is. Any money spent on promoting this new image is, as far as I am concerned, wasted.

Haven't they told you? A new badge is our secret weapon for next season. It will be worth at least 20 points to us come May 2006 :city:

Archived