IGNORED

'bring Jamie Home'

richieb

Much debate on this forum & in press about the pros & cons of trying to attract JC back to the Gate. :wacko:

But it looks as if we could miss out on JC & it well have been just the 'knee-jerk' reaction we needed.Much has been made of his 'goals-ratio' & his addition to the squad would give a huge buzz both on & off the pitch.

Nothing against Miller, but he has a heavy price tag & is still adjusting to the pace in England (we can't wait). Lita is raw & will get the run outs.

JC is just the ticket & it could be the best £100k+ we have invested.

Then if funds are exhausted, we could bring in a loan player for the old Murray role.As Prem teams bring in, they may have a gem to off - load.

Guest black golf

in the evil post jc said he would talk to city

got to try surely

what are the chances of norman wisdom sorry mr wilson

getting jamie down to the gate

The bottom line will be money.How much would Cureton want and how much would City be prepared to pay.

Steve Landsdown has made it clear many times that City have a limited budget that he won't go above.The question is can City afford to outbid any other interested club?

Cureton will go wherever he gets the best offer - and who can blame him?

I can't believe Cureton would seriously come to Ashton Gate, he knows too well just how the crowd will turn on him as soon as something went wrong. There are too many boo boys ready and willing to have a go at him. Surely he has not forgotten the reception he has recently had at the Gate and the vile name calling he received. I reckon he is playing mind games and City would be the last club he would sign for! Shame because I think we may have dumped in our own nest on this one.

I can't believe Cureton would seriously come to Ashton Gate, he knows too well just how the crowd will turn on him as soon as something went wrong. There are too many boo boys ready and willing to have a go at him. Surely he has not forgotten the reception he has recently had at the Gate and the vile name calling he received. I reckon he is playing mind games and City would be the last club he would sign for! Shame because I think we may have dumped in our own nest on this one.

Yep, certainly an issue.

Ex Gashead (took a lot of stick) & sure he must have remember all the allegations laid on his doorstep.

But at the end of the day, the lad is from Bristol & I really think that he would work his nuts off to win over the fans of the team that I understood he supported as a lad.

Perhaps if he settled at Sunderland we could go for the other ex Gashead (and City fan) - Marcus Stewart.

Marcus Stewart is certainly a player I would like at the Gate, it might not happen this season, but if we can offer him 1st division football next season he may come to us, although I remember reading that he was really happy at Huddersfield and he may finish his career there. Still, we can hope.

Marcus Stewart is certainly a player I would like at the Gate, it might not happen this season, but if we can offer him 1st division football next season he may come to us, although I remember reading that he was really happy at Huddersfield and he may finish his career there. Still, we can hope.

Marcus stewart plays for sunderland not huddersfield. :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

And i would rather have cureton than stuart anyday.

But at the end of the day, the lad is from Bristol & I really think that he would work his nuts off to win over the fans of the team that I understood he supported as a lad.

Manchester United actually. Well according to the Gas heads it was anyway.

I really can't see the point of signing Cureton or any other striker for that matter until we can find someone who can actually provide them with decent service.

Miller will score goals for fun if only we could play to his strengths but both Brown and Roberts, despite having lots of pace, fail to provide any quality crosses. Both tend to drive the ball in at knee height which is as much use as chocolate money given we have strikers who prefer balls to feet or on heads.

Unfortunately the best crosser of the ball at the club cannot even get on the bench. I'm talking about Mickey Bell.

Archived