IGNORED

Cardiff Flog Kav

EmersonsKev

They may not be my favoraite side - and I do miss the derbies, but in all situations like this I do actually feel sympathy for the fans - not their fault, but the 'money men' at the top.

Whatever debates over Tinman, badges etc we have, which are the lifeblood of forums like this, why I continue to feel we are VERY lucky to have SL.

They may not be my favoraite side - and I do miss the derbies, but in all situations like this I do actually feel sympathy for the fans - not their fault, but the 'money men' at the top.

Whatever debates over Tinman, badges etc we have, which are the lifeblood of forums like this, why I continue to feel we are VERY lucky to have SL.

:city: :city:

Hi could you be more specific about why you feel we are lucky. This isn't a p155 take, just wondered.

First things first - if you want to see a fantastic interview from a player that didn't want to go, and a club in real free fall, see the following links. Loved the first one.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0600soccer/...-name_page.html

http://www.ninianpark.com/fans/index.php?showforum=2

In terms of Steve Lansdown, I ought to add that I have never met him, so can only speak from what I see from afar (I suspect like most of us).

Does he get everything right - I would guess no. Do I think he is a fantastic chair - yes. He strikes me as a real City fan first and foremost, passonately committed to the club. Heard him on the radio alongside the commentator (on the internet I think) and had not clicked it was him at all. Just seemed like any other well informed fan.

Secondly, he puts his money into our club. He does not have to, but he does.

Thirdly, I just cannot imagine Steve putting the very future of our club at risk. There are some Chairs who are clearly out to rip off their club for personal reasons (I really do think there should be a law against this). I am sure Steve gets frustrated with the lack of promotion etc like the rest of us, and I think it is a legitimiate for fans to question decisions etc - its what forums are about.

But at the end of it, I do not question for one moment Steve has the best interests of this club at heart. At for that we should be grateful.

How many other Chair's are prepared to post answers to fans open questions on forums like this? Not many.

Others may disagree, but that's my view.

SNIP>>> I am sure Steve gets frustrated with the lack of promotion etc like the rest of us, and I think it is a legitimiate for fans to question decisions etc - its what forums are about.

But at the end of it, I do not question for one moment Steve has the best interests of this club at heart. At for that we should be grateful.

How many other Chair's are prepared to post answers to fans open questions on forums like this? Not many.

Others may disagree, but that's my view.

Agreed. I don't think Steve gets it right 100% of the time. The badge issue is a case in point, and it's right that we should be able to challenge the board if we don't agree with what they are doing.

But I also think we have to acknowledge his commitment to this club in terms of the time, money and sheer hard work which he puts in. When I think of some of the clowns ripping football clubs to pieces up and down the country: Sam the Sham, Ridsdale at Leeds ... that sheister whose name escapes me at Wrexham, then I think we are very lucky to have Steve Lansdown running our club.

If I remember rightly there were some very heated debates on this forum when it became known that Sam the Sham had looked at City before taking his money over the bridge to Cardiff.

How right were those that argued vehemently against the Sham and his ways of running things.Edson was one I think, at least on this one he has been proven right.. :P

They really are feeling the sqeeze aren't they!

Football League Website

Whos Next?  :city:

I hope none of their players go, as then, hopefully there will go into administration, lose 10 points, then they manage to sell their top earners then watch them crash back into Div 2, Something good to look forward to next season :city:

Guest we8thegas
I hope none of their players go, as then, hopefully there will go into administration, lose 10 points, then they manage to sell their top earners then watch them crash back into Div 2, Something good to look forward to next season  :city:

We'll be seeing them back soon or really take the p!ss and pass them via play-offs(fingers still crossed) :city:

Archived