IGNORED

Scored One Made Two

Robbored

Sorry to go on about Henry - but theres not much happening on the forum today so I'll take the opportunity to sign his praises again.

Yet again he was sublime against Leeds today.Scored the equaliser with a side foot volley from 15 yards,laid on the second goal for Edu with a fantastic low cross before setting up Pires for the third.He was instramental in the fourth as well.All this despite Alan Smith and co trying to break his and other Arsenal players legs.

Whats impressive about Henry is his consistancy,he performs week in week out and rarely has a poor game.Its a travesty that he didn't get World Player of the year - Zindane? who is he? Henry would have won it if he played for Real Madrid.

One major disapointment for me is that City didn't draw Arsenal in any cup competitons this year.I would love to see Henry play at AG.

Hard to compare Henry and Zidane but it is very close...
I would tend to disagree about Zidane.

He is not the player he was and feel that he's probably living more off his reputation as each day passes. Ditto Ronaldo.

That's not to say, of course, they are still not very,very good players and still World Class - just not at the very pinnacle - where Henry definitely is at this moment in time. :wacko:

Guest pogue mahone
not matter what the awards say Thierry Henry is the best player in the world by a distance
not true. I've never seen him successfully attack a cross above waist height, or head the ball deliberately to a team mate under pressure, or score a goal with his head where the goalkeeper was in his goal. These are all really important attributes for a forward.

So who would you say is better than Henry? He was top scorer in the Premiership in 2001/2002, 2nd In 2003 and creates just as many goals for his teammates as he scores, something that cannot be said about any other striker in the world. He also is the main striker for (one of) the best team in the world and a World Cup and european championship winner!!!!!!!!!! Point proved I think........

You can see why he started off as a winger. His assists are usually just as pleasing on the eye as his goals, which are rarely anything but fantastic.

People who have never been to a football match in their lives would say that David Beckham is the best player in the world, because of the publicity he gets, but Henry's superb all round play and movement beat Beckham and all other players in the world by some distance.

Guest pogue mahone
So who would you say is better than Henry? He was top scorer in the Premiership in 2001/2002, 2nd In 2003 and creates just as many goals for his teammates as he scores, something that cannot be said about any other striker in the world. He also is the main striker for (one of) the best team in the world and a World Cup and european championship winner!!!!!!!!!! Point proved I think........
well in terms of form alone over the past year i would place raul, nedved and shevchenko ahead of henry.

since when were arsenal one of the best teams in the world ? i'm sorry but until they prove they can progress to the latter stages of the champions league instead of being dumped out before the last 8 every year that assertion is ridiculous.

wiltord and dugarry are also world cup and european championship winners, does that make either of them one of the best players in the world ? no.

henry got a lot of his 2002/2003 goals in the early part of the season when arsenal were blasting the likes of leeds and birmingham. van nistelrooy ended the season by scoring 15 times in ten games. he did it when the pressure was on in earnest, not in september and october. he made the difference last season in a way that henry did not, or could not because he went awol went it mattered.

Archived