IGNORED

Tony Dinning

Taz

We've probably made him the highest earner at the club to get him away from Wigan

Tinnion then goes onto admit that he has been disappointed with Dinning since he signed on a permanent basis.

He's an experienced player and expects a lot more from him. Come off after 25 minutes yesterday, and never got any sort of acknowledgement from the manager at all.

I think we've seen the last of Dinning for a while. The problem is that we are back in the same situation that we were in when Wilson first took over - highly paid players sat on the bench and playing for the reserves because they aren't really interested.

Yes we were warned about him, but what gets me is that players seem to think that they can come here get paid and sit on their asses. I'm going to stop there before I get banned from the board...

One other point regards Scott Murray - for all of you supporters that were saying he was in the squad because of his relationship with the manager off the pitch, watch and listen to the interview on the main site. Murray isn't in the side because he's been struggling for form, Cotterell has been drafted in and is playing better than him.

Dinning has been uninterested since he signed his contract and it was Tinnion who wanted him to sign perminately.What Tinnion and the rest of us saw in the time Dinning was on loan was a half decent player with experience and leadership qualities.We knew that he had a history with Wigan and couldn't wait to get away.We also knew that he'd been on loan at other clubs but none of them wanted to sign him on a contract.Hmmmm..

So Tinnion took a gamble and signed him.Unfortunately Dinning has failed to apply himself and put in the same level of performances that he had when on loan.

Its Dinning who needs to look at himself.He finds himself in exactly the same situation as he did when at Wigan.Out of favour and before long not even in the squad on match days.Thats not co-incidence,thats Dinnings attitude.

The question is what does Tinnion do? leave out his highest paid player? the man who he signed? or does he try to find out whats wrong with him and try to motivate him?

Someone said in an earlier thread that City should bring back Brian Jones.Good call,he'd be just the man to help Dinning sort himself out.

Dinning has been uninterested since he signed his contract and it was Tinnion who wanted him to sign perminately.What Tinnion and the rest of us saw in the time Dinning was on loan was a half decent player with experience and leadership qualities.We knew that he had a history with Wigan and couldn't wait to get away.We also knew that he'd been on loan at other clubs but none of them wanted to sign him on a contract.Hmmmm..

So Tinnion took a gamble and signed him.Unfortunately Dinning has failed to apply himself and put in the same level of performances that he had when on loan.

Its Dinning who needs to look at himself.He finds himself in exactly the same situation as he did when at Wigan.Out of favour and before long not even in the squad on match days.Thats not co-incidence,thats Dinnings attitude.

The question is what does Tinnion do? leave out his highest paid player? the man who he signed? or does he try to find out whats wrong with him and try to motivate him?

Someone said in an earlier thread that City should bring back Brian Jones.Good call,he'd be just the man to help Dinning sort himself out.

Common theme here.

Players not performing not motivated & not seemly wanting to put the effort in.

If I was a manager (and I have been ) - I would worry as to why so many players aren't performing??? blushing.gif

Dinning needs a damn good kick up the arse next time he enters the field of play in a BCFC shirt.

He's big enough, experienced enough and ugly enough to take the abuse he should rightly recieve.

Either put in some effort or ##### off Dinning. We don't need lazy, over-paid, I love you's at this club - we have enough of them to get rid of already.

I find it incredible that people who have such an easy job as a pro. footballer can't put in the required effort to be a success at it. Unfortunately there seem to be very many that only seem to care when they need a contract, and with these contracts in the bag are happy to waste away their lives frittering away the exhorbitant wages they recieve, and our club seem rather adept at finding them!

Dinning seemed desperate to come to CITY on loan as he knew that at this level we are one of the few clubs willing and stupid enough to sort out his pension!

I would love to compare our wage bill wih that of lutons, if effort on the pitch equalled better money then theirs would be ten times higher than ours!!!!

I can't wait to see where i am going to find the money for mine and the kids season tickets from this summer.

Dinning needs a damn good kick up the arse next time he enters the field of play in a BCFC shirt.

He's big enough, experienced enough and ugly enough to take the abuse he should rightly recieve.

Either put in some effort or ##### off Dinning. We don't need lazy, over-paid, I love you's at this club - we have enough of them to get rid of already.

Here, Here! well said,

seems to me on loan he played well for a contract, since the moment he signed the contract he has not bothered one bit. why we went for another sitting midfielder is also strange, how many years have we been crying out for an attacking midfielder?

I find it incredible that people who have such an easy job as a pro. footballer can't put in the required effort to be a success at it. Unfortunately there seem to be very many that only seem to care when they need a contract, and with these contracts in the bag are happy to waste away their lives frittering away the exhorbitant wages they recieve, and our club seem rather adept at finding them!

Dinning seemed desperate to come to CITY on loan as he knew that at this level we are one of the few clubs willing and stupid enough to sort out his pension!

I would love to compare our wage bill wih that of lutons, if effort on the pitch equalled better money then theirs would be ten times higher than ours!!!!

I can't wait to see where i am going to find the money for mine and the kids season tickets from this summer.

Just open a bar in the centre of town, put a few nice dancers in it, make it expensive and posh looking and you,ll make a ######*t load of money from the city players who will drink in there.Season ticket for the family.Problem solved

Not many employee's respond to a "kick up the arse".Thats something you'll discover the hard way if you ever get to work as a manager in virtually any type of work.

I daresay that Dinning has had a "kick up the arse" which he's failed to respond to.Big suprise there...

If someones not performing to their ability then as a manager you have to find out why thats so.Has anyone asked Dinning why he's not producing the goods? Maybe he has personal problems or can't settle down here in the West Country. Who knows?

At least he should be given the chance to explain himself.

With players giving media statements every week, its time to hear from Dinning. I think the club should order him to give a media Q&A session. If he is having family problems, then just say he is having personal problems, at least give the paying public some basis for his lack of form.

One person that fits the bill is currently on loan to Cheltenham  unsure.gif

Been saying it for months, he's creative, and not another Lita/Heffs striker.Other posters have said in the hole behind Brooker and Lita, similar situation, but i think the club should see how it works under match conditions.

Guest Whitchurch Red
Tinnion then goes onto admit that he has been disappointed with Dinning since he signed on a permanent basis.

He's an experienced player and expects a lot more from him. Come off after 25 minutes yesterday, and never got any sort of acknowledgement from the manager at all.

I think we've seen the last of Dinning for a while. The problem is that we are back in the same situation that we were in when Wilson first took over - highly paid players sat on the bench and playing for the reserves because they aren't really interested.

Yes we were warned about him, but what gets me is that players seem to think that they can come here get paid and sit on their asses. I'm going to stop there before I get banned from the board...

One other point regards Scott Murray - for all of you supporters that were saying he was in the squad because of his relationship with the manager off the pitch, watch and listen to the interview on the main site. Murray isn't in the side because he's been struggling for form, Cotterell has been drafted in and is playing better than him.

Dinning is on good money but like all players signed since the end of last season he earns a heck of a lot more when he plays 1st team football.He is still on a decent wage but those wages goes up a lot more when he plays for the 1st team.When you consider this it makes you wonder what sort of bloke he is when he puts in that little effort when it affects his wage that much.

It's only taken him 6 months to make that decision.

Archived