IGNORED

Steve Lansdown

Club and Country

Steve Lansdown

Must be sitting in his office wondering what might have been if danny wilson was still here?

O well city.gif

There's no point wondering about what might have been. I hope that Steve is giving full attention to now and to the future.

I think we've reached a point where the board have to make a

positive decision about where we go from here. If (as I hope they

do) they fully support Brian and believe that he should be given

time to sort things out, then they need to come out with a clear

unequivocal statement of support, and some indication of what the plan is for the next season or two. They also need to give Tins the resources he needs to do the job properly, within the confines of the financial realities which Milo has outlined so clearly in another thread.

I've had the worst weekend I've had in a very long time. Nobody likes short term pain. But if I can be persuaded that it will yield long term gain, I will be be more prepared to put up with it.

Steve Lansdown has deservedly won the respect of

supporters during his time as chairman by being honest, approachable

and upfront with fans. His job has been made easier during that time

because the team has generally been doing well on the pitch. Now

that things aren't going quite so well he needs to retain that

honesty and use it to good effect if the good will that has been

built up by the board over the past few years isn't to be wasted.

Now, more than ever, strong public leadership is required.

There's no point wondering about what might have been. I hope that Steve is giving full attention to now and to the future.

unequivocal statement of support, and some indication of what the plan is for the next season or two. They also need to give Tins the resources he needs to do the job properly, within the confines of the financial realities which Milo has outlined so clearly in another thread.

I've had the worst weekend I've had in a very long time.  Nobody likes short term pain. But if I can be persuaded that it will yield long term gain, I will be be more prepared to put up with it.

Steve Lansdown has deservedly won the respect of

supporters during his time as chairman by being honest, approachable

and upfront with fans. His job has been made easier during that time

because the team has generally been doing well on the pitch. Now

that things aren't going quite so well he needs to retain that

honesty and use it to good effect if the good will that has been

built up by the board over the past few years isn't to be wasted.

Now, more than ever, strong public leadership is required.

I admire your optimism, I would only allow Tinnion any resources if a 'proper' no.2 was brought in, I'm sorry Millen is not up to it, Let's have someone with a track record and someone who can assess the fitness of this squad, I really believe the squad is totally lacking in this department.

And as for the saintly Mr Lansdown, Up until last week I have defended him for all of the reasons that you outlined, However the badge fiasco and the total lack of respect shown to fans voicing their concerns is one thing, But, The outburst reference the home support is unforgiveable and a shameful attempt at spin to deflect the fall out from a totally dire season, Where a 2 time top 3 team has been transformed into a struggling top 10 team in a division that gets weaker by the year.

I'm afraid on the pitch the players have much to prove, Off of the pitch the chairman has fence mending to do, This has been as shameful a season as I can remember in my 47 years of support.

I cannot agree here. Brian is showing the classic signs of a man who wants to do well, has all the right intentions, but honestly has no idea how to get his ideas translated into the team and playing staff.

The team appear more confused and bewildered than ever before. We don't seem to have a pattern of play that forms the basis of how we approach games (allowing for slight tactical variations dependant on the opposition of course)

are we relying on wingers to get the ball over from the byeline? are we passing it up through the middle, are we playing give and go football, short triangular passing moves? are we running with the ball? I cannot honestly pick out an intentional style of play from the morass we currently have.

I'm going to refer to DW here. because under Wilson we did establish a coherent pattern of playing that was adaptable to formation and one where the players knew their roles and responsibility. (I do wish DW had brought in Brooker!)

Lord! I'd love us to be like the Ajax teams of the 70's - playing a fluid changing style, adapting and rotating on the pitch, or indeed even something more realistic (!) but we seem to have become just a group of players, playing as individuals without a team plan.

BT has brought in Orr and Dinning as 'leaders' on the pitch. neither have delivered. This must beg the question of how much more resource Brian is given.

we cannot afford a 1 in 3 hit rate with players.

I see where you are coming from in your advocation of full support, but realistically it's getting harder to support this formless rubbish and results like Saturdays really sting. (should we be conceding that Luton are just 'Better' than us? I find that a realignment of our aims if it is true)

We are crying out for an experienced man at the helm. either at coach or manager. BT & KM cannot continue.

regards

ph34r.gif

I cannot agree here. Brian is showing the classic signs of a man who wants to do well, has all the right intentions, but honestly has no idea how to get his ideas translated into the team and playing staff.

The team appear more confused and bewildered than ever before. We don't seem to have a pattern of play that forms the basis of how we approach games (allowing for slight tactical variations dependant on the opposition of course)

are we relying on wingers to get the ball over from the byeline? are we passing it up through the middle, are we playing give and go football, short triangular passing moves? are we running with the ball? I cannot honestly pick out an intentional style of play from the morass we currently have.

I'm going to refer to DW here. because under Wilson we did establish a coherent pattern of playing that was adaptable to formation and one where the players knew their roles and responsibility. (I do wish DW had brought in Brooker!)

Lord! I'd love us to be like the Ajax teams of the 70's - playing a fluid changing style, adapting and rotating on the pitch, or indeed even something more realistic (!) but we seem to have become just a group of players, playing as individuals without a team plan.

BT has brought in Orr and Dinning as 'leaders' on the pitch. neither have delivered. This must beg the question of how much more resource Brian is given.

we cannot afford a 1 in 3 hit rate with players.

I see where you are coming from in your advocation of full support, but realistically it's getting harder to support this formless rubbish and results like Saturdays really sting. (should we be conceding that Luton are just 'Better' than us? I find that a realignment of our aims if it is true)

We are crying out for an experienced man at the helm. either at coach or manager. BT & KM cannot continue.

regards

ph34r.gif

Antman,couldn't agree more.

Just when we feel as if the corner is turned we hit rock bottom again.

Very inconsistant & not promotion material.

If Tinnion was to succeed he should have been given a 1st team coahing role or assistant role first.

This is a massive job & one that should have interested a number of interesting candidates.

The job should have maybe been advertised & man coming in should have had BT as part of the set up.

If I am honest & from a money saving point of view - why did we need KM & ST ?

Archived