IGNORED

Danny Coles - Off To Plymouth

EP are reporting ont the back page today that Danny Coles will be joining Plymouth as they look to strengh the defence in preperation for the relegation battle ahead,

Offer is likely to be cash and a player - experience stopper Coughlan.

Also goes on to say - The subject of a £500,000 bid from Cardiff City last season............. it is understood they may now be willing to drop their asking price, especially if Coughlan serves as a makeweight in the deal.

Full report here - http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/displayNode...wsNodeId=144924

Guest mile end red
EP are reporting ont the back page today that Danny Coles will be joining Plymouth as they look to strengh the defence in preperation for the relegation battle ahead,

Offer is likely to be cash and a player - experience stopper Coughlan.

Also goes on to say - The subject of a £500,000 bid from Cardiff City last season............. it is understood they may now be willing to drop their asking price, especially if Coughlan serves as a makeweight in the deal.

Full report here - http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/displayNode...wsNodeId=144924

Great news

Guest mile end red
If you read it closely, the article says that they are likely to offer us Coughlan "in exchange" for Coles. Will we also receive money? I'm not so sure.

good point

I don't think Coles will go for more than £200k. But if we get around the same for Miller then all of a sudden it seems we'll have some cash to splash.

Nelson is undoubtedly number 1 on the shopping list.

Can we trust Tinnion to buy some decent players though?

Orr and Dinning both look sub-standard. Heffernan seems a pointless signing if never used. Jamie Smith is very hit and miss, bringing back Carey? Brooker is the only one who has convinced on a regular basis to be honest.

I'd rather use the money to poach Gary Johnson or bring in some other manager with a PROVEN track record.

Also, I'd have Brian Jones back and get in some decent coaching staff which would mean bye bye Millen and Shaun Taylor.

Another 30 year old for a 23 year old, that sounds fair ???? Hope there is some cash involved. Cardiffs 500K offer is now not relevant based on current form, but based on potential even half that amount would mean 150k in cash. Cant see a 30 year old who may be no better than Ireland costing 100k or more.

Good, I can't wait for that slacker to leave our club, i would let him go for a free if i was in charge, DC is the most overated Centre back in the country.

Why Plymouth want him is a mystery, why ANYONE wants him is also utterly perplexing.

Remember this (I tried to say a naughty word) has cost us so dear in recent history, and i just can't wait foe him to just FOAD!

Goto Plymouth Danny, see if anyone cares, noone will, bacuase your a sad, childish common ######, shut the door on yr way out and give us the key, we don't want you back EVER!

Nelson is undoubtedly number 1 on the shopping list.

Do you really, honestly, think that our shambles of a club could persuade a talented player to leave the North East where, presumably, he is currently settled and happy?

I fear that it's more likely that the money we will hopefully receive from Miller and Coles will be used to cover this year's mounting losses.

If it happens(150k plus Coughlan)it will be a good bit of business as he was one of the better defenders in our division last season, although not necessarily any better than Ireland. Just seen the goals from Hartlepool v Wrexham and although not exactly to blame for any of the goals Nelson looked slow/hesistant and indecisive (don't know if his defensive parter Westwood was playing as this may have contributed to his performance). I know he has always had outstanding games against us and everyone is entitled to one or two bad games but I would prefer a much more experienced player (Coughlan/Ireland) than Nelson or Evatt, just look what we signed in a certain Shaun Taylor and he was no spring chicken.

BCAGFC

• Admin

A Plymouth supporting friend of mine descibes Coughlan as such:

Tall, (but ugly) old fashioned centre back, who takes no prisoners. Will never give up and always gives 110%. Good in the air, but lacks a bit in pace, and has a bit of trouble coping with pacy strikers. He rates him more highly though than his defensive partner Wotton who has just been offered a new 3 and a half year deal. Coughlan asked for the same and was refused.

He was good enough to get Plymouth promoted. biggrin.gif

Oh and the only 3 games he's missed this season have been due to suspension for a red card.

Tall, (but ugly) old fashioned centre back, who takes no prisoners.  Will never give up and always gives 110%.  Good in the air, but lacks a bit in pace, and has a bit of trouble coping with pacy strikers. He rates him more highly though than his defensive partner Wotton who has just been offered a new 3 and a half year deal. Coughlan asked for the same and was refused.

Oh and the only 3 games he's missed this season have been due to suspension for a red card.

Exactly what we need - get him in. The Revolution continues ...

Great! Swapping a 23-year old Bristolian Academy product for a 31-year old journeyman from Plymouth. Building for the future with all these players over 30? Yet another Academy product out the door?

Dinning (Tinnion signing) has an attitude problem already! Is there a pattern? Would it not be better to change the management rather than to demolish completely the squad that finished 3rd last year (and the year before)?

Tall, (but ugly) old fashioned centre back, who takes no prisoners.  Will never give up and always gives 110%.  Good in the air, but lacks a bit in pace, and has a bit of trouble coping with pacy strikers. He rates him more highly though than his defensive partner Wotton who has just been offered a new 3 and a half year deal. Coughlan asked for the same and was refused.

I particularly like the "ugly" bit.

Is he uglier than Ade Williams, the very ugly bloke we tried to sign earlier in the season who could look in two directions at the same time?

Lets hope so, too many pretty boys at AG.

Good if Coles goes too, 150k. plus sell-ons please, he might just decide he wants to play for another club. wacko.gif

Guest Tactical Genius

Magilla, Coles has an attitude problem.

Look at it as swapping an over-rated academy product who believes his own hype and has an attitude problem for a journeyman from plymouth who has actually achieved something in the game over the past couple of years.

Guest bbmat03

Can't see us giving Cocko to you lot. But what is funny your report for this is bristol is the same as the report from the Western morning news. That really does make me wonder.

Couldnt make a better comparison if I wanted to Tom. Bryant could have played Premiership football (Man.Utd were monitoring him at one point) but he thought 'why not get drunk with my mates, be generally lazy and have a massive ego instead?'

I particularly like the "ugly" bit.

Is he uglier than Ade Williams, the very ugly bloke we tried to sign earlier in the season who could look in two directions at the same time?

Lets hope so, too many pretty boys at AG.

Good if Coles goes too, 150k. plus sell-ons please, he might just decide he wants to play for another club. wacko.gif

Too many pretty boys at city, have you seen goodfellow and wilkshire, heffernan and fortune, brooker and gould?

Seriosly though Danny Coles has improved recently IMO, it would be nice to see us get some funds but I am worried what tinnion would do with the funds, spend it for the sake of it maybe?

Guest bbmat03

Well IF he went he would certianly do the job for you. I don't think he is out of contract yet so a fee maybe involved but it looks like were going to pay and gets Coles as well. (What is he like by the way). Many people think that he could have been called up to the Republic of Ireland squad if he was younger. Wears his heart on his sleeve and has a no nonsense approach. I also worry when he lofts balls up in the air but I don't think thats a weakness. He seems to be really happy so I can't see why he would leave. A good header of the ball and also dangerous in the box around attacking corners loves getting in there and would have no problem putting his body on the line. All round good centere back Divison 2 player of the season last year so has quality .

Couldnt make a better comparison if I wanted to Tom. Bryant could have played Premiership football (Man.Utd were monitoring him at one point) but he thought 'why not get drunk with my mates, be generally lazy and have a massive ego instead?'

Yep, thats Danny Coles to a T, they two mates perchance? biggrin.gif

Both from the patchway area....it's possible!

When everyone finally gives up on Coles, him and Si Bri can start up a team...the patchway wasters!

I should think there would be a few ex City & Rovers players to join em too biggrin.gif

Well IF he went he would certianly do the job for you. I don't think he is out of contract yet so a fee maybe involved but it looks like were going to pay and gets Coles as well. (What is he like by the way). Many people think that he could have been called up to the Republic of Ireland squad if he was younger. Wears his heart on his sleeve and has a no nonsense approach. I also worry when he lofts balls up in the air but I don't think thats a weakness. He seems to be really happy so I can't see why he would leave. A good header of the ball and also dangerous in the box around attacking corners loves getting in there and would have no problem putting his body on the line. All round good centere back Divison 2 player of the season last year so has quality .

Coles can be superb if he tries and if his attitude is right. A couple of season ago he was very good and one of the best defenders in the league. Possibly one of the best defenders outside the Premiership at that time.

Since then he's started believing his own hype. Last season he wasn't that good and this season his decline has continued and he's been very poor apart from a couple of decent games (Tranmere away springs to mind). It doesn't help matters that he (like some of our other players) doesn't get on with the manager and that his heart doesn't seem to be in it anymore.

Your description of Coughlan makes him sound just like the kind of player we are so desparately missing at the moment. I, for one would love to see this 'rumoured' move go ahead.

I don't know if Bryant and Coles were mates as such but they definetly knew each other. I saw them out in Bristol once, messing around and Bryant was trying to set fire to Coles (I kid you not!).

Don't think Bryant liked the fact that gashead Colesy played for City!

On the subject of Bryant he was a CLASS A nobber, and it's no wonder he's wasted his career away - just like another Patchway boy, step forward Lewis Hogg.

I don't know if Bryant and Coles were mates as such but they definetly knew each other. I saw them out in Bristol once, messing around and Bryant was trying to set fire to Coles (I kid you not!).

Don't think Bryant liked the fact that gashead Colesy played for City!

On the subject of Bryant he was a CLASS A nobber, and it's no wonder he's wasted his career away - just like another Patchway boy, step forward Lewis Hogg.

Couldnt agree more Will, Bryant thought he didnt have to behave himself, be a part of the team, or look after his body. He's a t##t.

This type of player always bites the hand that feeds them: Garry Thompson made Hogg Captain and hogg repaid him by being ###t.

Phil Bater gave Bryant one more chance to get back into the Rovers set up and Bryant repaid him by turning up hammered to training.

I am happy for City that you are getting rid of Coles; you won't regret it.

Talking of wasters....Dwayne Plummer anyone?

Remember when Matt Bryant left City to go to Gillingham, did quite well, but then missed a lot of games because.......he accidentally shot himself?!

Bristolians, what are they like?

Archived