IGNORED

Danny Coles - Off To Plymouth

I don't know if Bryant and Coles were mates as such but they definetly knew each other. I saw them out in Bristol once, messing around and Bryant was trying to set fire to Coles (I kid you not!).

Don't think Bryant liked the fact that gashead Colesy played for City!

On the subject of Bryant he was a CLASS A nobber, and it's no wonder he's wasted his career away - just like another Patchway boy, step forward Lewis Hogg.

Is that because Bryant supported City?

Magilla, Coles has an attitude problem.

Look at it as swapping an over-rated academy product who believes his own hype and has an attitude problem for a journeyman from plymouth who has actually achieved something in the game over the past couple of years.

Succinctly put TG.

Would we really want another 7 years of Coles, on this season's evidence, before he reaches Coughlin's maturity. Lots of up and down seasons inbetween depending who the manager is.

Better get the experienced, ugly, proven hard man in for 2-3 years now and groom the next local Academy player to take his place.

With his attitude to look up to, not DC's.

I don't know if Bryant and Coles were mates as such but they definetly knew each other. I saw them out in Bristol once, messing around and Bryant was trying to set fire to Coles (I kid you not!).

Don't think Bryant liked the fact that gashead Colesy played for City!

On the subject of Bryant he was a CLASS A nobber, and it's no wonder he's wasted his career away - just like another Patchway boy, step forward Lewis Hogg.

Lewis Hogg is now gracing the turf at Woodspring Park playing for Weston-Super-Mare in the Conference South along with a load of other ex-G*sheads.

I may be in the minority here, but I rate Coles and I would be sad to see him go - another academy product sold down the river for peanuts.

If he has an attitude problem, it's because of the manager. He wasn't worth 500k last year for nothing.

I'd rather see Tinnion go before more of our young players bite the dust.

Think you will find Coughlan would do an excellent job, was the league player of the year in the promotion season last year but I think he has struggled this year although he seems better since Hasney Aljofree returned to the side to partner him, undoubtedly commited and a 100% effort player but can be a bit one paced and has struggled against some of the paceier forwards at Championship level, Seems as if Williamson is interested in Coles so who knows.

Not sure what the person who stated that hes better than Wotton is on though, whilst Cocko's gone back a bit Wotton has been superb for us.

I may be in the minority here, but I rate Coles and I would be sad to see him go - another academy product sold down the river for peanuts.

If he has an attitude problem, it's because of the manager.  He wasn't worth 500k last year for nothing.

That is exactly the point. Coles may have an attitude problem now but he hasn't had an attitude problem from Day One, has he? Shouldn't the question be asked 'Why has he got an attitude problem now?' What are the underlying problems causing him to be like he is now? How come he's not the only one with 'an attitude problem'?

It was never a case of 'what might have been' with him and TD - we know how good they can be, but for the sake of pursuing Tinnion's flawed 'man-management', we are quite prepared to let another young player go.

Perhaps 'attitude problem' could be translated as 'personality clash'?

That is exactly the point.  Coles may have an attitude problem now but he hasn't had an attitude problem from Day One, has he?  Shouldn't the question be asked 'Why has he got an attitude problem now?'  What are the underlying problems causing him to be like he is now?  How come he's not the only one with 'an attitude problem'? 

It was never a case of 'what might have been' with him and TD - we know how good they can be, but for the sake of pursuing Tinnion's flawed 'man-management', we are quite prepared to let another young player go.

Perhaps 'attitude problem' could be translated as 'personality clash'?

Whilst citing BT's man management could be relevant, DC still had the same couldnt care less approach last season under DW, so I think the rot started there, and has just got worse.

Given that the management changed following the Brighton debacle, I would have expected the "less than committed" element to come out all guns blazing trying to impress this year, apart from Leroy it just hasnt happened.

CHR city.gif

Guest Tactical Genius
If he has an attitude problem, it's because of the manager.  He wasn't worth 500k last year for nothing.

He's 23 and has stopped progressing. Rather like Carey did when he lost Taylor to play alongside. He's at the age when his career should be kicking on, but it's not. How much of this is down to his attitude and how much is down to poor coaching is debatable. Suffice to say that players that are more likely to succeed are the ones who put their heads down and work hard. Not the ones that go running to the press stating that they want to play at a higher level and losing form because they are unable to form a working relationship with somebody that they don't like. You state he wasn't worth £500k for nothing, similarly his value hasn't dropped for no good reason. The lack of progression on the field, coupled with his attitude off it mean that for any potential suitor he is now quite a big gamble to take on. All I see is a limited third tier defender who has a big mouth, and I'm sure that more league managers agree with the TG than with you.

If Coles has an attitude problem, it is because of DANNY COLES, no-one else. Given the way he has abused the shirt this season (playing when it suits him) I would like to see Coles out of the exit door before anyone else and if somebody offered me a bag of peanuts for him I would snatch their hands off!!

Many a player has gone from a club for a large transfer fee and failed to live up to it. Coles is NOT worth £500K and that is a fact. My evidence being the distinct lack of bids from any professional club in Britain.

Coles can be superb if he tries and if his attitude is right. A couple of season ago he was very good and one of the best defenders in the league. Possibly one of the best defenders outside the Premiership at that time.

... but then all the time spent in the company of Limpy Cockup and his bosom buddies took its toll on his professional focus. Shame for City that Coles will never achieve his potential here; it will be a shame for him too if he doesn't react to the challenge at pastures new by doing some growing-up.

Guest Goodone
Both from the patchway area....it's possible!

When everyone finally gives up on Coles, him and Si Bri can start up a team...the patchway wasters!

Before you comment i would get your facts straight, Danny does not come from Patchway, so you obviously do not know him aswell as you think, probably not at all...

He has achieved a lot more than Si Bryant ever did, Prob because Si is a complete p***s which i do agree with..

Guest Goodone
My thoughts are with the poor bars and strip clubs that are funded by Coles evening habits.

How will they survive?

What has he shafted your misses or sommet, cause you don't seem to like him that much?? whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Archived