IGNORED

Ask Steve L

mossey

Guest Slinky
Slinky,I really don't have much time for your bitterness & vile approach.

I also don't give a monkey's what you think about me & names you feel right to call me.

I post how I see things & how I feel about certain issues.

If you only want to respond to the certain issues then thats fine too.

Honestly Slinky I don't give a flying frig.

Calling me a pr@t is very adult & intelligent & sets your style  wacko.gif

I have grown more despondant as the season has progressed & much as you might think, if SL wanted to hear my views (and those of a few others) - he knows exactly where I am.

At least I would confront my views head on & not cower behind a computer screen.

All I would ask is just bother with my posts - just block me. whistling.gif

I am not sure why you mentioned the moderators as I havn't had them on my case? dunno.gif

Just one question - while I understand the meaning of PR@T - can you just explain where the two faced bit comes into it?

Where is this little insult from???

wacko.gif

I mentioned the moderators because you mentioned them and said you hoped they would pick up on the abuse in my post - I think this comes back to you not even reading your own posts properly, let alone anyone elses.

Funny how you don't like being called names, yet you are happy to throw names around at Steve Lansdown and Brian Tinnion. Read my post above for the specific abuse you happily dish out to those individuals.

Confront your views head on do you? So when you see Steve Lansdown, you will be calling him arrogant and telling him you think he is only running the club so it looks good on his CV? Right, I believe you.

I've had many messages in my PM box telling me you act on here but wouldn't say boo to a goose face to face i.e. two faced. Anything else you want to know?

By the way. I've now lost count of the number of times you've responded to the poster on this thread rather than the content of the post. Perhaps you'd care to look back through and give me a running total.

Moderator Note: Name calling removed. Please debate rather than call names.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

What a Joke - Rich wouldn't say boo to a goose? He wasn't shy telling us on the subbers team to keep it clean, or introducing himself to us. A nice chap who certainly isn't a "prat".

Anyways back to the point of this thread..........

The silence from Steve L is no suprise, there is no point trying to defend the in defenceable/

Edit - I've got the wrong Rich, still I'm sure he's a good chap all the same!

Guest Slinky

Point taken. Sorry.

richieb is arrogant.

richieb has his head up his arse.

look at the Ask Steve L/ Colin S forum, not one reply from our great leader to all the queations asked!! what is it they say- when the going gets tough the tough get going, Ha, wots he going to do about this mess, why should we go down to any more games this season, let alone buy season tickets for next year, what is the incentive? more of what we have seen tnis season!!!! The board totally cocked it up, took the easy opption, and appointed Tins, who I have some sympathy for, after all his years as a player for it to possibly end like this, but the facy is, he's not up to the job (yet) and we should have brought in an experience manager, with Tins as his assistant for a season or two. And I am not being wise after the even, said this at the time he was appointed. (along with  many thousands of others) Just how much longer can we wait for some success?  banghead.gif  snack.gif

I'd far rather SL spent his team sorting the day-to-day affairs of the club out than replying to some of the inane drivel in that forum.

Is there really anything outstanding to clear up? Does he need to apologise again for Saturday's defeat? Do you think he doesn't know that a section of fans are up in arms over the new badge? With his insider knowledge of the club and management experience, isn't it a little naive to think that SL isn't constantly evaluating BT's performance as manager and the potential impact that sacking him might have on the club?

I'm as disappointed as the rest of you with some of the performances this season, but the play-offs are still mathematically possible. If we were bottom of the league, losing consistently, I'd be a lot more concerned.

The "ask" forum is a privilege, not a right and SL's a busy man.

The "ask" forum is a privelege, not a right and SL's a busy man.

Spot on, Steve L is not obliged to read that forum let alone repond to all the illiterate clowns that mostly seem to inhabit the place.

It should be much more heavily moderated in my view.

I mentioned the moderators because you mentioned them and said you hoped they would pick up on the abuse in my post - I think this comes back to you not even reading your own posts properly, let alone anyone elses.

Funny how you don't like being called names, yet you are happy to throw names around at Steve Lansdown and Brian Tinnion. Read my post above for the specific abuse you happily dish out to those individuals.

Confront your views head on do you? So when you see Steve Lansdown, you will be calling him arrogant and telling him you think he is only running the club so it looks good on his CV? Right, I believe you.

I've had many messages in my PM box telling me you act on here but wouldn't say boo to a goose face to face i.e. two faced. Anything else you want to know?

By the way. I've now lost count of the number of times you've responded to the poster on this thread rather than the content of the post. Perhaps you'd care to look back through and give me a running total.

Whatever wacko.gif

It's boring & negative & you obviously havn't got thoughts of your own as you listen to others who feel obliged to PM you.

Nice to know I am the topic, rather than facing the real issues.

Now I know you 'rock & get hign' on others posters views then it puts a differing picture on it.

Keep up the good work biggrin.gif

Whatever  wacko.gif

It's boring & negative & you obviously havn't got thoughts of your own as you listen to others who feel obliged to PM you.

Now I know you 'rock & get hign' on others posters views then it puts a differing picture on it.

Keep up the good work  biggrin.gif

Can't you two get a room?! wink.gif

Guest Slinky
Whatever  wacko.gif

Keep up the good work biggrin.gif

Which bit of my previous post are you struggling to understand? Assuming you've read any of it properly of course. Which I accept is unlikely.

Boring and negative is how I'd describe people who go around telling people that they aren't even interested in City's results. I agree.

Can anyone explain what 'rock & get hign' means, please.

Do you mean he,s the only chairman in the division who pays ######s far too much money to do very little except spend their wages. I,d say a chairman who refuses to try and spend their way out of the division or who,s club simply cant afford to is far better. Explain to me how Mr L is a mile better than luton's, hull's, tranmere's, hartlepool's, bournmouth's, brentford's or swindon's chairman?

I agree he is good at stablelising the clubs finances etc and could be far, far worse but i don't believe he is wise at all with clubs money. Paying big wages for big time charlies clearly doesnt seem to work.

Sometimes I wonder why Steve L bothers,

"Paying big time charlies doesnt seem to work"

Well who the hell is it that asks for these big time charlies in the first place eh! US thats who! Most of this forum agreed that we should sign Dinning correct? Now look at us, slamming Steve L for making such a disastrous decision!

Just imagine the backlash if he hadnt of signed him, there would of been cries of outrage that this club had no ambition! ranting.gif

Were you on the forum that night when we signed scott murray back, I was, and I'm telling you now the whole forum except virtually 1 or 2 were praising the endeavour of Steve and co for bringing him back. It was the most ever users on the forum at any one single time! Thats how major a signing it was and now people say that they never wanted him back in the first place...yeah right!

To mee it seems as though you are saying that you would prefer a chairman who spent no money, and was content with living in this crappy division for the next hundred years

I suppose in the end it just goes to show what a fickle bunch we are....

Steve L if your reading, take heart in the fact that a few of us (might be a minrity now) still believe that you are the best thing for this club

Given the amount of garbage that gets posted on the Ask Steve L forum I would be inclined to close it down completely and hand it over to Richie and Slinky so they can carry on their playground bickering without bothering the rest of us.

Given the amount of garbage that gets posted on the Ask Steve L forum I would be inclined to close it down completely and hand it over to Richie and Slinky so they can carry on their playground bickering without bothering the rest of us.

Seconded.

I'm as disappointed as the rest of you with some of the performances this season, but the play-offs are still mathematically possible. If we were bottom of the league, losing consistently, I'd be a lot more concerned.

The "ask" forum is a privilege, not a right and SL's a busy man.

Jim, the play offs may be mathematically possible, but I think most of us, in our hearts, know that we are not going to make them this season.

Most of the City fans who I talk with feel the same way, which is why I fear that the crowd on Saturday will be no more than 8,500.

Jim, the play offs may be mathematically possible, but I think most of us, in our hearts, know that we are not going to make them this season.

Most of the City fans who I talk with feel the same way, which is why I fear that the crowd on Saturday will be no more than 8,500.

Don't shatter my illusion biggrin.gif

I'm pretty much resigned to Div 1 footie next season too, but there's 30 points to be had between now and the end of the season - who knows what could happen! Football's a funny old game.

We're at a crucial point in the season. If City play a confidence-building blinder on Saturday and if results go our way, we could be 2 points off of the play-offs.

Sometimes I wonder why Steve L bothers,

"Paying big time charlies doesnt seem to work"

Well who the hell is it that asks for these big time charlies in the first place eh! US thats who! Most of this forum agreed that we should sign Dinning correct? Now look at us, slamming Steve L for making such a disastrous decision!

Just imagine the backlash if he hadnt of signed him, there would of been cries of outrage that this club had no ambition!  ranting.gif

Were you on the forum that night when we signed scott murray back, I was, and I'm telling you now the whole forum except virtually 1 or 2 were praising the endeavour of Steve and co for bringing him back. It was the most ever users on the forum at any one single time! Thats how major a signing it was and now people say that they never wanted him back in the first place...yeah right!

To mee it seems as though you are saying that you would prefer a chairman who spent no money, and was content with living in this crappy division for the next hundred years

I suppose in the end it just goes to show what a fickle bunch we are....

Steve L if your reading, take heart in the fact that a few of us (might be a minrity now) still believe that you are the best thing for this club

So what are you saying? that the chairman is not a big enough man to make his own decisions and signs players because of the pressure put on him by fans. That to me,is not the kind of strong minded man i want spending the clubs money.Yes the fans wanted dinning, but all they could really see, was his footballing ability(which is high), but what we as fans cant do is sit the man down and interview him, really find out what he is about and see how much he wants to be at BCFC, ask him why things didnt work at wigan and probe why some fans there had a low opinion of him and his work rate and attitude. this is what a chairman should do, and if at the end he feels that the player doesnt warrent a contract he should not give him one.....he certainly shouldnt give him one because the fans want him at the club.All the chairman need to have done was come out and say Dinning did not have the right attitude for the club and therefore we wouldn,t be signing him. If hes such a great chairman then you,d trust him and that decision. I don't think the homework has been done on this guy and it should have been, or maybe our chairman was tricked. Either way I'm not impressed, dinning is now one of our many over payed monkeys content to do very little untill his contract runs out.GREAT.

Archived