IGNORED

Auction Opportunity

whitey_03

ATTENTION ALL FORUM USERS

I am posting this thread on behalf of Joy Miller, known to many of you as Lee's mum, and of course Grannyjoy from the forum.

Tommorrow, Friday 11th March at the Hilton Hotel in Bellshill, Scotland, there is going to be an special honorary dinner held in recognition of Joy being named the first ever woman Chairman, or Chairwoman, of the Scottish Sports Council.

Now I know many of you wont be there to congratulate Joy in person on receiving such a prestigious role within Scotlands' Sports Council, but during the celebrations, there will be an auction taking place, with one particular item which I feel some of you may just be very interested in.

The item, or items, that are to be auctioned which I feel might interest some of you are, a copy of Joe Jordans autobiography signed by the man himself, and also a book based on Ashton Gate, which has been signed by all the first team squad of Bristol City. The two books have been very generously donated by Mr & Mrs Lansdown, to who we owe much gratitude. The two books will be offered as a pair, and Joy was wondering if any of the forum members would like the opportunity to bid on them.

Now this offer is 100% genuine, and would ask if anoyone who does offer any sum of money, that they do so fully intending to keep their part of the deal.

Of course with the dinner being tomorrow night, it doesnt leave too much time to get many bids in, but the final bidding time would be 7pm tomorrow night, Friday 11th March. If you seriously would like to bid on these items, just add a reply with the amount you would like to bid for the two books, then at 7pm tomorrow night, I will check this thread, and then pass on the details of the highest bidder to Joy.

If your bid is successful ( meaning being higher than any other on the forum, and of any person attending the dinner ), then Joy or myself will contact you, and arrange how to get the books to you. One way is for Joy to post the books to you, and between yourselves, arranging on how to transfer the money up here. The other way is getting Lee to personally deliver the books to you at the end of this month. He will be in Bristol at the end of the month, and arrangements could be made for you to meet and swap money for books.

Right, so I think I have said all I need to say. Please please please, do not take this thread as a joke as we are trying to raise money for the Scottish Sports Council, and Joy thought this auction item would be ideal for a forum user.

Any questions/queries, then please do not hesitate to contact me by PM, and I will get back to you asap.

Thanks in advance for any of your bids,

Rob

PS. If a member of the admin team could maybe pin this thread at the top of the forum until after 7pm tomorrow night, Friday 11th March, it would be very much appreciated by Joy, and myself. city.gif

I am posting this thread on behalf of Joy Miller, known to many of you as Lee's mum, and of course Grannyjoy from the forum.

Tommorrow, Friday 11th March at the Hilton Hotel in Bellshill, Scotland, there is going to be an special honorary dinner held in recognition of Joy being named the first ever woman Chairman, or Chairwoman, of the Scottish Sports Council.

Now I know many of you wont be there to congratulate Joy in person on receiving such a prestigious role within Scotlands' Sports Council, but during the celebrations, there will be an auction taking place, with one particular item which I feel some of you may just be very interested in.

The item, or items, that are to be auctioned which I feel might interest some of you are, a copy of Joe Jordans autobiography signed by the man himself, and also a book based on Ashton Gate, which has been signed by all the first team squad of Bristol City. The two books have been very generously donated by Mr & Mrs Lansdown, to who we owe much gratitude. The two books will be offered as a pair, and Joy was wondering if any of the forum members would like the opportunity to bid on them.

Now this offer is 100% genuine, and would ask if anoyone who does offer any sum of money, that they do so fully intending to keep their part of the deal.

Of course with the dinner being tomorrow night, it doesnt leave too much time to get many bids in, but the final bidding time would be 7pm tomorrow night, Friday 11th March. If you seriously would like to bid on these items, just add a reply with the amount you would like to bid for the two books, then at 7pm tomorrow night, I will check this thread, and then pass on the details of the highest bidder to Joy.

If your bid is successful ( meaning being higher than any other on the forum, and of any person attending the dinner ), then Joy or myself will contact you, and arrange how to get the books to you. One way is for Joy to post the books to you, and between yourselves, arranging on how to transfer the money up here. The other way is getting Lee to personally deliver the books to you at the end of this month. He will be in Bristol at the end of the month, and arrangements could be made for you to meet and swap money for books.

Right, so I think I have said all I need to say. Please please please, do not take this thread as a joke as we are trying to raise money for the Scottish Sports Council, and Joy thought this auction item would be ideal for a forum user.

Any questions/queries, then please do not hesitate to contact me by PM, and I will get back to you asap.

Rob

PS. If a member of the admin team could maybe pin this thread at the top of the forum until after 7pm tomorrow night, Friday 11th March, it would be very much appreciated by Joy, and myself. city.gif

Just trying to keep this thread near the top, so other people can get the opportunity to read it.

The book is Ashton Gate

One hundred years in pictures 1904-2004

and is signed by the team as Whitey says.

I will offer to match any bids on here - ie I will donate the same amount. So, if you bid £35, I will add £35, and it's still your bid.

Come on then - the books themselves would cost you £30 !!

Rob

Are bids being made publicly or via personal messages?

Hi guys & gals,

Sorry wasnt on the forum much last night, have a family crisis at the minute with my granny being in hospital, but I'm here now better late than never blushing.gif

I forgot to say just to add your bid on here, wouldnt like any private bids, keep it all in the open in the interest of fairness.

As we stand, Bobby has the highest bid of £70, which Badger ( Mrs Lansdown ) has so generously offer to match, making the total offer £140.

Just to let everyone know, the auction will remain open up until around 7pm tonight, when I will take the highest bid, and pass it onto Joy before her big night.

I would just like to thank everyone who has placed a bid, and I would like to pass on Joys thanks as well, where would we be without you blushing.gif

Keep the bids coming if you can city.gif

Cheers

Rob

Hello again,

As we can see Bobby has made the highest bid on the forum. I have passed on the information to Joy at her night out, and she is over the moon.

Thanks again for the bids, each and everyone is very much appreciated.

Bobby, I will be in touch.

Cheers,

Rob city.gif

Good Morning,

I'm afraid its the morning after the night before for me, just a bit of a sore head wacko.gif

Last night Speakers Dinner was fantastic, and I am so proud of the Bristol City Football Club Fan's, you got a standing ovation on the night. It just goes to show, what goes around , comes around.

Both Lee and myself have enjoyed so many fund raising events in Bristol, to have the gesture returned is wonderful.

Unfortuately Lee could not be at the Hilton with us last night as he was resting up, in the hope that he will be fit to play a part in today's game with so many of his team mates out with a virus, but he did contribute in other way's.

My congratulations, and sincere thanks to bobby, who has won the books, and of course to badger for her magnificent offer to match the highest bid. I will be in touch with both after todays games (football priorities innocent.gif )

Thanks to your generosity, we will be able to help finance more of our youngsters take part in this years,"Special Olympics".

You know we all take so much for granted nowadays. I would suggest that this summer, when these Games take place you take the time to watch some of the TV coverage. The Special Olympics show so much, courage, dedication, enthusiasm, and true sportsmanship that can sometimes become lost in the increasingly cut throat world of other sports. Can I assure you, it can be a very humbling, yet uplifting experience.

Once again, my sincere thanks to all.

Joy Miller

Archived