IGNORED

Lack Of Goalscorers

GrahamC

This may on the face of it seem an odd thing to say considering our front two have 18 and 17 respectively in the league and defensively we have been pretty poor all season, but one of the other major reasons for our struggles is a lack of goals from the rest of the side.

In the last 12 league games only of our 4 goals HAVEN'T been scored by Brooker and Lita, and one of those was by Heff when he played in Leroy's place!

The "role of honour" is one by Luke Wilkshire, one by Jamie Smith and an own goal by Guy Branston.

This is absolutely shocking, effectively the opposition must realise that if you stop our front two we won't score.

Something else for the training ground, Brian, midfield runners beyond the front two......

Guest Tactical Genius

Same old isn't it. Murray's season apart we have struggled to find goals from Midfield for more years than I care to remember.

Its true it does seem to be a problem issue for us. Luke did well to begin with this season and has scored some good goals, but the rest don't really look likely to score.

A big disappointment must be the lack of goals from Coles, Fortune, Butler from set pieces. With their height and presence we should be getting goals from corners - add Brooker to that equation and we should be doing a whole lot better.

Its a good point but I wonder how many other teams have free scoring midfielders apart from Luton.

At Divison 1 level you don't often see many midfielders getting in front of the strikers.Its simply not a style of play that teams at City's level adopt.

That said Wilkshire has 10 goals this season so far I think which isn't a bad return.

Same old isn't it. Murray's season apart we have struggled to find goals from Midfield for more years than I care to remember.

Last time I remember an outstanding return from midfield (murray aside obviously) was our promotion season in 89/90.

I think both Shelton and Biff got into double figures and Rennie and Smith chipped in with a fair few as well.

Apart from that fairly sparse which makes Wilkshires achievement this year look no to bad at all.

Guest hairyshamrock

Its a problem when we seem to play a counter attack style of football which is based on pace and quick thinking by our strikers.

That said, we have no one who has crossed a ball all season with any consistency. If this is the case, i have 3 things to say - 1) we will not start now, 2) it makes us easy to defend against and 3) what was the point of spending £250k on a box player when we never get in the box... and he never plays...!

We are poor, and will continue to be poor until the ass falls out of this side and we take a dramatic slump, then and only then will things change. Whilst being "almost there" we will never progress to "there". If you don't believe me, look at Liverpool over the last 15 years.

Archived