IGNORED

City Player Of The Season

1. Lita

2. Brooker

3. Phillips

MM  city.gif

I would agree with that. For attitude as much as anything else. They are also the three players that don't go walkabouts/hide in a game if they are not playing well. I can handle players making mistakes and still trying to have an impact. If players like Wilkshire and Murray have a bad first fifteen you are a man down as far as I am concerned. They also bottle out of tackles or turn their backs on the ball which I really hate to see.

You've slagged him off half the season and been calling for him to be dropped!?

Leroy for me, then Wilkshire and Brooker.

Oh for ######s sake swindon hater i cant say anything right on this forum with you can i? I thought you'd stopped following my posts having a go at me after every one a few months ago. Yes i have different opinions to you so what? Yes i have been calling for lita to be dropped , MONTHS AGO , but if you have read my posts when he has been playing well i have given him credit as well , and i'm not the only one who was calling for him to be dropped.

Lita because he has been the most consistent performer i would say , phillips just behind him because he's made the odd mistake.

Not sure Cider red, if you're going to downgrade Phillips for his mistakes then you have to also take into account Leroy's misses. There have been many and both can equally cost City points.

Leroy will no doubt win it, his total is good, he's very popular, and lets face it he has few competitors. Phillips will run him close from those that take a more balanced view of Leroy's contribution, and see that he has made just as many excellent saves as Leroy has scored goals.

Might have been Heffernan (or even Roberts!) if the Manager had favoured them and given them the fantastic, unprecedented support that Leroy has enjoyed from day one.

Now that Leroy has stuttered for some time, what we need is for a Ugarte type figure to emerge and power us to unexpected promotion in such dramatic fashion that he takes the player of the year award outright in 10 games flat, leaving Leroy with the young player, and Phillips with the Divisional Award. wink.gif

Wilkshire is a class act and too good to be collecting splinters on the bench while Tinnion plays at Ranieri,but despite my enduring support for Stevie Phillips, Lita is the man, scoring so many goals in a mediocre City side nad such an electric cameo appearance for Eng U21s, so he gets my vote

Archived