IGNORED

Brooker.....

TomBCFCUK

Sorry to say guys but this bloke is no better than lee miller/lee peacock today he had about 6 chances to score which i would say was easy chances and he missed everyone I'm sure miller would of scored atleast one of them an he has the 1st touch of a donkey.

That's wierd, personally I thought he had a good game, made some good runs, good attempts with headers and was unlucky to not get on the scoresheet. I see your point, but the fact that their goalkeeper was on fire, the quality of the crosses & the defending from crosses was against us and him.

Guest mile end red
That's wierd, personally I thought he had a good game, made some good runs, good attempts with headers and was unlucky to not get on the scoresheet. I see your point, but the fact that their goalkeeper was on fire, the quality of the crosses & the defending from crosses was against us and him.

he had a great game

Brooker came closer to scoring today than Lita and offers so much more for the team. My only gripe - his first touch let him down so often today and other times, but still would be first choice for his ability to hold up play, set up others and at least take his chances.

I think Brooker offers a physical presence that our other strikers don't.

That said he is ok with his head but not great. His first touch is apalling and doesn't seem to be improving. I don't know how fit he is at the moment to be fair.

He gets selected as he is the only player we have available of this type. This needs to be sorted as we have another Peacock situation. I'm not saying it is Brookers fault, but he needs competition so he can rest and recover to be able to play anything like what we should be getting from him.

Brooker with City & Vale, 17 goals in 36 games. Miller last season 9 goals in 32 starts and 10 substitutions. Brookers strike rate is better + he is 3 stone heavier than Miller and the opposition defences know this. Tins deciding factor in signing Brooker was our own defence who said he was the hardest forward to mark in our division. Miller is good where he is the SPL.

Sorry to say guys but this bloke is no better than lee miller/lee peacock today he had about 6 chances to score which i would say was easy chances and he missed everyone I'm sure miller would of scored atleast one of them an he has the 1st touch of a donkey.

Some postings on this forum defy belief!!!!Peacock cruised through last season dreaming of his signing on fee, and his fantasy of a Scotland call up.Miller was just the wrong player at the wrong club ala Sean Dyche.He will be a full Scottish International within the next 2 seasons.

Brooker cost less than half the fee we paid for Peacock and less than the handsome sum we paid for young Miller, to a greatful Falkirk.

He is a League 1 centre forward with potential, and relative youth on his side. He is not going to be outstanding in every game, but City have a gem on our hands.Likewise Lita will have quiet games, but postings knocking him are clearly from people who know less about football than Ian Atkins!!!

Brooker was an inspired signing by Tinnion as was Smith.

There are clearly huge problems at Ashton Gate at present, but Brooker aint one of them!!

Archived