IGNORED

Has Tinnion Given Up Already?

SimplyRed

Today's game, to me, seemed like a typical end-of-season game with nothing to play for.

The manager throws on a few of the youngsters to blood them in preparation for the new season, the players make half-hearted attempts to pass the ball and the fans are subdued. Sound like today's game?

Yet Tinnion would have us believe he's playing to a plan to get us into the play-offs!

Don't make me laugh. This man doesn't have a clue what his best team is and it shows.

This week we're expected to believe that the youngsters Tinnion has brought in was 'his plan for the future'. He has been quoted as saying 'Judge me when I have built my own team'.

Excuse me? I was under the impression he was brought in to carry on where Wilson left off and make the extra small step for promotoion THIS SEASON.

Whatever has been said over this season, the manager and the chairman CANNOT DENY that Tinnion was appointed on the ticket of 'PROMOTION THIS SEASON' - and that most definitely is NOT going to happen.

What makes me tear my hair out is that there are fans on here who are saying 'Give him a chance' - why should we? dunno.gif

Are we 'naive' to have believed Tinnion and Lansdown's rhetoric last summer that they promised promotion this season?

If so, does that mean that Lansdown and Tinnion have so little respect for the fans that they think they can say anything they like to sell season tickets and expect to get away with it?

People on here that have read my posts in previous seasons know that I'm usually optimistic, but I now feel angry, cheated and alienated by this club for the first time in 45 years of support.

mad.gifsad.gif

Pretty much agree with everything you have written.

My support goes back 38 years and I left the ground with a feeling of emptiness and the fact that we are light years away from even emulating the feats of Norwich and Bolton [for example], something 25 years ago that was never beyond us

Guest hairyshamrock

Another one agreeing here. It does seem like Mr Lansdown (love him as i do) was prepared to say that we'll go up this year under Tinnion just to sell season tickets, but when it doesn't happen (and i hope for our sakes it doesn't) will he come out and apologise?

I very much doubt it...!

Today's game, to me, seemed like a typical end-of-season game with nothing to play for.

The manager throws on a few of the youngsters to blood them in preparation for the new season, the players make half-hearted attempts to pass the ball and the fans are subdued.  Sound like today's game?

Yet Tinnion would have us believe he's playing to a plan to get us into the play-offs!

Don't make me laugh.  This man doesn't have a clue what his best team is and it shows.

This week we're expected to believe that the youngsters Tinnion has brought in was 'his plan for the future'.  He has been quoted as saying 'Judge me when I have built my own team'.

Excuse me?  I was under the impression he was brought in to carry on where Wilson left off and make the extra small step for promotoion THIS SEASON.

Whatever has been said over this season, the manager and the chairman CANNOT DENY that Tinnion was appointed on the ticket of 'PROMOTION THIS SEASON' - and that most definitely is NOT going to happen.

What makes me tear my hair out is that there are fans on here who are saying 'Give him a chance' - why should we?  dunno.gif

Are we 'naive' to have believed Tinnion and Lansdown's rhetoric last summer that they promised promotion this season?

If so, does that mean that Lansdown and Tinnion have so little respect for the fans that they think they can say anything they like to sell season tickets and expect to get away with it?

People on here that have read my posts in previous seasons know that I'm usually optimistic,  but I now feel angry, cheated and alienated by this club for the first time in 45 years of support.

mad.gif  sad.gif

Thank you for putting my view so much better than I could - even down to the 45 years plus of being a City supporter. I will not be "conned" again at the end of this season into buying a ticket and then being let down by the board by an awful decision - one that incidentally I questioned from day one.

Again I have to agree. If Tinnion was serious about promotion he would have brought in some experienced players on loan to give us a boost. Although his trading in the market place has been woeful to date. Half ful or half empty but Brooker missed a hat full yesterday, Smith is a very average 3rd division full back not to mention the clubs biggest wage earner Dinning.

The youngsters did well but to have so many teenagers in your side is no way to achieve promotion this year and we all know it.Bring them on individually in a more settled side and the confidence will grow.

Interesting that Tinnion now saying that it will take time to get it right. He has had the best part of a season to show us what he can do and he has failed . He has taken over a team on the brink of promotion and turned them into a very average mid table side. The Bristolians are gone or going in the name of getting the harmony right in the dressing room and replaced them with the likes of Dinning. What sort of example is he to the rest of the sqad.

I am so bl%dy angry to have to have yet another year in the this terrible league and if Tinnion stays it will be years before we are out. Why wait until it is mathematically impossible to go up, or heaven forbid wait until December

For goodness sake get rid of him now.

To put this in perspective ....

The Pulis era was bad but he had just inherited a religated side who were poor.Tinnion took over a side which was a coat of paint (Swindon's post open end) away from promotion and ripped the heart out of the side.

I feel sorry for the bloke, Great player but he has been put in to a situation he cant handle. How do you think he feels being marched into face the music and have it anounced that the chairman is looking for some experienced help for him. If he need this he has to go.

Shame that Landsown will not accept that this mistake has already cost the club dearly and unless he does somthing about it now it will cost the club more. Interestingly he said that yesterdays game was a must win.. well we didn't so what are you going to do about it.

Cant wait for the 'building for next year' comments and 'look at the potential' etcetc, moving forward, new stand, playing better, great dressing room, bloody Neil Diamond and Rod Stewart...

Your a very angry supporter of over 30 years who no longer enjoys the 'Ashton experience'.

Guest You_knows_it

it just feels like we've burnt out and are just passing the time now. i don't really want to go to the remaining matches of this season. even if we did get top six finish i cant see us in current form getting promotion

Archived