IGNORED

5 Other Team You Follow/keep An Eye Out For?

brady bunch

Well there will be a few of you diehards who only follow city and although I would never pay to watch anyone else and have a season ticket at the gate, here are the other teams I keep an eye out for in a fond sort of way

Rochdale - because they aways used to be bottom

Chelski - now they have got money and there managers winds up the establishment I'm begining to like them!!

Hamilton Acies - were my local team when I lived in jocky land

Yeovil - not so sure now, but liked them when they were in the conferance

S****horpe - Steve torphy superhero plays for them and half my drinking pals support them where I leave in Berkshire for some strange reason.

Well there will be a few of you diehards who only follow city and although I would never pay to watch anyone else and have a season ticket at the gate, here are the other teams I keep an eye out for in a fond sort of way

Rochdale - because they aways used to be bottom

Chelski - now they have got money and there managers winds up the establishment I'm begining to like them!!

Hamilton Acies - were my local team when I lived in jocky land

Yeovil - not so sure now, but liked them when they were in the conferance

S****horpe - Steve torphy superhero plays for them and half my drinking pals support them where I leave in Berkshire for some strange reason.

Glasgow Rangers - Played for a side called Stanbridge Rangers as a young'un and always took a keen interest in another Rangers - Glasgow!

Arsenal - My dad's uncle played for them winning 45 caps as Captain of England and played over 350 times for Arsenal back in the 1930's, his name? Eddie Hapgood.

Arsenal - My dad's uncle played for them winning 45 caps as Captain of England and played over 350 times for Arsenal back in the 1930's, his name? Eddie Hapgood.

I have a wartime programme from an Arsenal v Chelsea game that has been signed by all the Arsenal team that day including Eddie Hapgood!!

Chester City - used to go and watch them with my dad when I was a kid oop north

Liverpool - likewise, when we actually wanted to watch some decent football.

Notts Forest - football went through a really crap phase in the 70's till Brian Clough's team came along

Man City - I was at Uni in Manchester and used to go and watch City. They always lost.

Queens Park - As a kid I was attracted to the idea of this Scottish 2nd division team playing at Hampden Park in front of 250 people and a dog when it used to hold 140,000.

Guest speedy__robin

Moved from Staffordshire 6years ago where I used to have a season ticket at Macclesfield Town and now when I'm not playing myself support the robins city.gif

Chelsea - Lots of money, manager cracks me up plus they are a bril team

Yeovil - I have followed how they have done since conference. Glad they r doing well.

Weston - Because i work down there, and have seen them a few times.

Glasgow rangers - Just because i don't like celtic.

Portsmouth - Seen them once at fratton park and thought they played good football.

Swansea - sometimes go to watch them, first team I ever saw

Aston Villa - born very near to Villa Park

Cheltenham - lots of ex-City players

Sparta Prague - only game I've gone to outside Britain

East Fife - god only knows

Tottenham (Leftover from the Hoddle days)

Liverpool (THE other team when I was growing up)

Forest Green Rovers (Since my old friend Jeff Meachum went there)

Livingston (From the first Game meadowbank Thistle played in the league)

Cowdenbeath (Since my brother gave me a book about them called the "Black Diamonds and the Blue Brazil".

Oh and any team that DOESN'T have Paul Dickov in it!! biggrin.gif

Guest DrFaustus

Manchester City. Lived there for 8 years and couldn't get to see Rovers that often. Third Lanark (RIP)- my grandfather playeed for them in the late 20s/early 30s. (He still talks about it now at the age of 92 smile.gif)

Manchester City - My late Grandfather's team. When I was a wee nipper, he was always regaling me with the story of City's keeper Bert Trautmann, a former German POW who played on after breaking his neck in the 1956 FA Cup Final against Birmingham City.

Spurs - My Uncle Steve's team, although he grew up round the corner from Grandad. Steve completed "The 92" grounds during the 80's and in the throes of his adventures, took me to a few Tottingham matches during the days of Crooks and Archibald.

Coventry City - Dad was lucky enough to journey to Highfield Road for that tumulteous match in May 1976 that preserved City's First Division status. I listened at home on the radio, but have had a soft spot for the Sky-Blues ever since.

Yeovil Town - Probably on most peoples lists due to their close proximity to Bristol, fantastic giant-killing cup and Conference winning exploits and the fact that up until now they've never been seen as a threat to our League position. Bugger!!

Sunderland - The first team that I supported - from afar. Dad was lucky enough to see their epic FA Cup Final win against Don Revie's superb Leeds team in 1973, and gave me a match programme which I treasured for a short time before crayoning over most of the pages for some reason.

Northampton Town (my Dad was a cobbler 'till he died)

West Brom (my uncles' team)

Chelsea (wasted most of a season watching them draw 1-1 and lose 0-1 at home in the eighties....)

Yeovil ( probably detined for inclusion in the other list of 5 after next season!!)

Bayer Leverkusen (actually played a game of football on their pitch in 1990 - awesome!)

Goes without saying that any affection or sympathies go right out of the window if any of the above play against or results affect BCFC in any way at all!! (OK, so not really probable with Leverkusen I guess...)

Guest Savagemoster

MK Dons (feel srry for them, and I'm a Wilson fan)

cheltenham (Next local as i live in forest)

Wigan (Paul Jewl always impresed by them)

Yeovil (liked them form the confernece)

sheffield utd (neil warnock and relatives form up there)

Chelsea. My Grandfather used to take me when it was Osgood, Harris and Cooke. In fact am going on a corporate beano to see them hopefully trash WBA tomorrow night.

Palace. Trialled for them when I was 14. Nowhere near good enough but stuck with them, despite those cretins Noades and Goldberg.

Millwall. Lived in Southwark most of my life. Still get angry when the press turn on them. They had the first and finest community football programme in the 80's that tried to combat the racist scum that embarrassed the nation.

Torquay. The wife is from the English Riviera and its one of the friendliest grounds you could visit (though hopefully not on Saturday at 4.45)

Anyone playing Manchester United. I can't begin to tell you how much I dislike them....... Wouldn't it be terrible if Glazer took them over and turned them into a greedy, global, money-grabbing machine? Whoops, too late.

Aston Villa - my '2nd team'. Uncle and cousin support them and have taken me to a few games.

Yeovil - local team and not scum, play good football with a hard work ethic.

Man Utd -prefer them to Arsenal and Chelsea and want them to win the league.

Celtic - see Man Utd but replace Rangers for Arsenal and Chelsea.

West Ham - always liked them but don't really know why.

Archived