IGNORED

Tony Dinning Up For Sale!

Big Red Rich

Guest bristolbred

99p is way too much for him!!

Should of started off with a 1p bid, or offer money to take him away!!

Maybe, as we are not playing over Easter, we should offer the whole squad up for sale on Ebay, and see what the rest of the world thinks the team is worth!!

laugh.gifcity.gifwink.gif

It is very funny, i'll grant you that..

BUT WITHOUT LOWERING THE TONE....

It's illegal to place stuff on ebay without the intention of selling it, if someone offers 99p for an item shown on ebay, you have to give them the item, no matter what...

It looks like a hefty fine or a jail sentence for whoever put that on there.. look on the Ebay regulations for more information about it..

It's illegal to place stuff on ebay without the intention of selling it, if someone offers 99p for an item shown on ebay, you have to give them the item, no matter what...

It looks like a hefty fine or a jail sentence for whoever put that on there.. look on the Ebay regulations for more information about it..

A hefty fine or jail sentence??!! You HAVE to give them the item??!!

Get a grip man!

Well maybe the humiliation of being sold on Ebay will motivate our lacklustre midfielder into the kind of form he showed when he was in his loan spell......but i doubt it.

C'mon Tony, for once in your life, make an effort man!!!!!

for all those that laughed at my earlier comment, this is on the ebay rules and reg's

""(f) Legal Requests. eBay cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties, to enforce laws and third party rights, such as intellectual property rights and laws relating to fraud. Therefore, in response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials such as a Section 29 (3) Data Protection Act 1998 form relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, or other activity that may expose us or you to legal liability, we can (and you authorise us to) disclose personal information such as name, address, telephone number, email address, User ID history, and bidding and listing history about you as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate. Further, we can (and you authorise us to) disclose your User ID, name, address, telephone number, email address, and company name to eBay VeRO Programme participants under a confidentiality agreement as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement or other unlawful activity.""

To put it simply, its fraud,,, however jokingly it is, it still against the law and its false advertising.

If i bid £20 for Tony Dinning, and i was the highest bidder at the end of it, the failure to produce him as my rightful property would end in the Data Protection Act coming into account..... as funny as this maybe, the person who put it on would be removed form ebay and fined... SIMPLE AS THAT.... i admit jail sentence was a bit extreme, but you never know, the USA helped co-ordinate the act, and you know what they are like..

I know it is intended to be funny, but it is a fully legally binding company.

and to "phatwill", your 'have to give them the item, get a grip man' comment,,, um thats the whole point, unless the person on ebay owns Tony Dinning then he can rightfully put him there and give him away to the highest bidder,,, however, i doubt that this is the case

GET A GRIP MAN!! {sorry, poor attempt at humour}

for all those that laughed at my earlier comment, this is on the ebay rules and reg's

""(f) Legal Requests. eBay cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties, to enforce laws and third party rights, such as intellectual property rights and laws relating to fraud. Therefore, in response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials such as a Section 29 (3) Data Protection Act 1998 form relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, or other activity that may expose us or you to legal liability, we can (and you authorise us to) disclose personal information such as name, address, telephone number, email address, User ID history, and bidding and listing history about you as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate. Further, we can (and you authorise us to) disclose your User ID, name, address, telephone number, email address, and company name to eBay VeRO Programme participants under a confidentiality agreement as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement or other unlawful activity.""

To put it simply, its fraud,,, however jokingly it is, it still against the law and its false advertising.

If i bid £20 for Tony Dinning, and i was the highest bidder at the end of it, the failure to produce him as my rightful property would end in the Data Protection Act coming into account..... as funny as this maybe, the person who put it on would be removed form ebay and fined... SIMPLE AS THAT.... i admit jail sentence was a bit extreme, but you never know, the USA helped co-ordinate the act, and you know what they are like..

Say i bid £30 and won, and then didn't get the item, but didnt complain, would the person who put it on still get in trouble?! dunno.gif

Yes, but nobody is going to place a bid thinking that they really are going to buy another human being, are they? Therefore, nobody is going to complain to ebay, and so nobody will be going to jail.

Yawn! As much as i'd like to claim that I invented this great idea, it has infact been done many times before. Dwight Yorke from Blackburn being the most memorable one.

Trance Addict, havn't you got better things to do? Like listening to Ferry Corsten or whoever the 'in' Dj is at the moment?

Longacre red = i don't know, i aint studied law for 2 years.

Yes, but nobody is going to place a bid thinking that they really are going to buy another human being, are they? Therefore, nobody is going to complain to ebay, and so nobody will be going to jail.

Fair point, but say some random bird looks at ebay and says "oh, a man up for sale, he looks fit, i'll buy him" {thinking he is prostituting himself}. The story of that bird who put her virginity on ebay went for a few thousand pound,, nobody joked then, it's all legitimate.. she had to cough up her virginity, and he paid up..

and to "phatwill", your 'have to give them the item, get a grip man' comment,,, um thats the whole point, unless the person on ebay owns Tony Dinning then he can rightfully put him there and give him away to the highest bidder,,, however, i doubt that this is the case

GET A GRIP MAN!! {sorry, poor attempt at humour}

The worst they could do is delete your ebay account.

That my friend is a fact, so cut the legal jargon please.

What a clown. dunno.gif

Trance Addict, havn't you got better things to do? Like listening to Ferry Corsten or whoever the 'in' Dj is at the moment?

people are entitled to their views / opinions on this forum, i studied law at A Level 2 year ago, and we looked at fraud and stuff like that. So i thought i'd try and explain why it is wrong to out stuff like that on ebay, obviously you've taken this a bit too seriously with the whole "havn't you got anything better to do" comment. Bit harsh.

people are entitled to their views / opinions on this forum, i studied law at A Level 2 year ago, and we looked at fraud and stuff like that. So i thought i'd try and explain why it is wrong to out stuff like that on ebay, obviously you've taken this a bit too seriously with the whole "havn't you got anything better to do" comment. Bit harsh.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Particularly true when it comes to the law. Best not to say anything unless you are absolutely sure of your position.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Particularly true when it comes to the law. Best not to say anything unless you are absolutely sure of your position.

True, but it says it on the ebay rules and on the Act itself, i was just passing it on, it aint like it's top of the head, otherwise, like u said, i probably would have kept quiet, anyway, i aint going to go on about this, there are more important issues at this club.

Guest zider_head
No she didn't - ebay steped in and said the auction was void and removed it due to being not allowed. She sold it seperately via her own personal website. £12'000 I believe.

If that was the case here. They'd do the same. They wouldn't waste anymore time than just removing it.

You seem to know alot about this girl ?

Archived