IGNORED

Tony Dinning Up For Sale!

Big Red Rich

I don't think even Del Boy could manage to seel Dinning to another club

very true but it also shows again that this club has ''gullible'' stamped

on it's forehead when it comes to transfers.

i admit he looked ok while on loan but since that ink has dried on his

bcfc contract he has gone to pot.

as for the ebay thing just add a small print at the bottom that

the winner of the bid receives a picture and not the man himself,

job done and covered.

Guest zider_head

Sorry but i couldnt resis, i wonder if he will be sat behind his pc and have a little giggle to himself I'm sure he has got a sense of humour seems anice bloke when i have spoke to him.

Sorry but i couldnt resis, i wonder if he will be sat behind his pc and have a little giggle to himself I'm sure he has got a sense of humour seems anice bloke when i have spoke to him.

At least you aren't completely wasting the time of the club Chairman.

Indeed I'd wager that he is wetting himself at the hilarity that the Dinning signing has brought to the club.

it's all legitimate.. she had to cough up her virginity

I think that statement needs some careful explanation blink.gif

For all you law fanatics, presumably if somebody equally silly bid a lot of money, SL could give ownership to the seller, who could legimately demand their money unsure.gif

Can anyone verify if this is Mr dinning in disguise???? dunno.gif

I think if it was, I know how I would get my own back. Get a couple of mates to bid it up to £500k or so. The seller would be hit with a very substantial sellers fee, that they would eventually be able to get back, but not without some explaining!

Guest Tactical Genius

Let me check that the Genius understands the situation correctly.

Some bloke who sells second hand cars is making Dinning the scapegoat for the whole season despite the fact that he has featured in less than half of the games this season (and has been m-ot-m at least 4 times - approx 25% of his appearances). This is the same bloke who has gone on record as saying Dave Jones is the best man for the job of manager of Bristol City. Dave Jones being, of course, the Wolves manager who signed Dinning for £700k in September 2000 having worked with him before at Stockport.

Second hand? Try brand new and nearly new, it sounds better! However, I fail to see what my profession has to do with it anyway, could you please enlighten me on this?

I have never said that Dave Jones is the best man for the job, I simply put him forward as a suggestion as this is a discussion forum- I will support Tinnion until he is no longer the manager.

I am not doubting Dinning's ability, just the effort. There are glimpses of a good player there and at the time of inflated transfer fees, i can see value at £700k especially as we signed the likes of Beadle for £200k and Steve Jones for £500k.

Dinning claiming MOTM accolades is your opinion - my opinion is that he lacks a whole load of effort, an opinion that seems to have been shared with many other forum users.

By the way, can I ask what your profession is so I can attempt to use it against you in further posts. I would also like to point out that not only do I sell the cars, it is also my business which has an annual turnover of over a million pounds. Not bad for the second year of trading.

All this talk of binding contracts is utter nonsence, belive me.

Ebay just gives buyers and sellers the infrastructure to trade, It aint accountable in these instances, and lets face it if the highest bidder DEMANDS his Tony Dinning noone will listen to him as the auction is not real, end of story.

don't care Dinning is a lazy @rse, and the best thing about him is this thread, and the ebay auction!! Best thing connected with him this season. biggrin.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

Well done BRR- a bit of humour in these tense times.Keep on urine extracting in the free world mate-Quality!! biggrin.gif

The q&a on this sale are becoming a classic. Repeated below (taken out anything that migtbbe considered libellous)!

Q: Any chance of chucking danny coles in for a fiver as well? Answered on 15-Mar-05

A: Hmmmmm, we are saving Mr Coles for a buy one get one free extravaganza coming soon! Please keep a look out for this!

Q: See your enjoying our cast off. Wasn't fit for the Wigan reserves when he was here. Jewell was properly laughing his tit's off when we offloaded him to you. Dinning proberly put a bet on that you don't make to playoff this season looks like he's going to win.Answered on 15-Mar-05

A: Thankyou for your advice. I bet that is Paul Jewells best ever joke to tell his mates!!!

Q: Wow and to consider we (SCFC) got around a couple hundred thousand for him. He is crap, but takes a fine penalty. Answered on 15-Mar-05

A: Unfortuneatly, he has usually been subbed before we get a penalty. But thanks for your words of wisdom none the less!

Q: ? My club (Wigan) has gone from strength to strength since he left so I'm afraid we don't want him back. Pity, has he was undoubtly one of our best players when we won the Div 2 Championship. Answered on 15-Mar-05

A: Please have him back, i'm sure he will make a fine after dinner speaker, he can talk about how he got paid a lot for doing very little. A situation few of us get to be in.

Q: Do the pub and the fruit machine come with him? We had this guy on loan last season and everyone was struck by his star quality.Unfortunately we had the gut-wrenching experience of having to let him go back. The current bid is about the top end of what I can afford,two pints of Best Bitter...or Tony Dinning it`s a hard choice. PS: Have you ever played that game 'Masterpiece'? If you ever paid £500k for a forgery,you`ll recognise the feeling as something similar to the one you have for Mr.Dinning. Good luck I`m sure there`s a sucker out there somewhere whose never heard of him! Yours in football, Tangerine Gray Answered on 15-Mar-05

A: Somewhere along the line, I think we have accepted a forgery. However, I cannot guarantee whether this is the real Tony Dinning or in fact a useless fake. Currently I believe it to be a useless fake.

Q: Awesome godlike figure! I would sell everything I own just to kiss his right foot! Answered on 15-Mar-05

A: You obviously don't own very much then......?

Q: Hi, an interesting lot. Your listing describes this item as used. I was lucky to have a close examination of this item at AG recently, and believe it to be a completely mint item that has not yet been used or played with in any way.m Can you please clarify. Answered on 15-Mar-05

A: Whilst the item is used, it seems that it is totally undamaged due to the fact as it has done very little work, so should really be classed somewhere between the two. Hope this helps.....

Q: If i pay you £4 will you promise me that you will not let Atkins put a bid in . Gethro Answered on 15-Mar-05

A: Make it a fiver and you have my promise. Make it a tenner and you can have the player yourself!!

Q: Have you considered asking Luton Town whether they'd like him? Don't sell too cheaply though make sure you get a can of coke, packet of crisps and a written apology! Answered on 15-Mar-05

A: I'm afraid it looks like Luton Town have more sense then to make this sort of purchase. Whilst you are right on with your valuation, the written apology was written on the back of a fag packet....

Q: Hi, if only we could actually do this! I'm a Stockport fan and i'd have to wait for a free listing day to sell our lot! We had TD for a few seasons and he was great for us...what a shame! Good luck for the rest of the season! Simon. Answered on 15-Mar-05

A: Thanks for your good wishes. This listing cost me 15p so I think you will have to wait for a free listing day for it to make economic sense.

Q: Sorry mate, was going to ask a question about this item - but the bidding has already got past my valuation. Answered on 15-Mar-05

A: No problem, it went past £1.70 quite soon into the auction. However, look out for more great deals coming soon............

Q: Will you offer any guarentees on this item? eg If I buy him and he is useless, can you buy him back for the same money? (Ref S. Murray, BCFC/RFC/BCFC) Answered on 15-Mar-05

A: I'm afraid due to previous problems with our buy back scheme, this item is not returnable. However, it will be priced accordingly. Thanks.

Q: Hi Could you please tell me if the stupid look on his face is due 1, Tinman having a 1 to 1 and asking why he is a lazy barsteward 2, has he been nutmegged as he stood prostate in the middle of the pitch in the Luton game? 3, Time has been called at a bar he was propping up all night before a game? 4, Someone was trying to explain ther term footballer to him I feel I must have some answers before bidding as the price looks resonable but I am not sure what I will get. PS You may want to add this to the listing to prevent the same questions being asking again. eg why? Why? Why? Answered on 15-Mar-05

A: I think its option 3 but I thnk option 2 may have been involved. Thanks for your enquiry, I hope this helps.

Q: How much is this item paid? Answered on 15-Mar-05

A: Sorry, I only speak English.

Q: Hi bigredrich2003. Will you actually sell this player to bristol rovers? he seems like exactly the type of player i'm after. Many Thanks, Ian Aktins Answered on 15-Mar-05

A: Thank you for your enquiry Ian. Yes we will sell this item to Bristol Rovers. However, he is currently worth over £15 and I think this may be out of your price range. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

This is on the back page of WDP

DINNING'S FOR SALE . . . ON EBAY

More News | Back to home page

BY CHRIS SPITTLES

06:03 - 16 March 2005

Bristol City midfielder Tony Dinning has been put up for sale - on internet auction site eBay! Dinning's name was put on the website as a joke by a City fan frustrated by his recent performances.

The ex-Wigan man is the first West footballer to appear but follows a series of bizarre items on to the site.

Dinning was substituted after just 28 minutes of City's defeat at Luton earlier this month and was not involved against Barnsley on Saturday.

And the fan involved with the eBay prank makes his feeling known about the 29-year-old.

Part of the description reads: "Has more clubs than Nick Faldo which isn't surprising. He isn't worth much. If you would like to do a deal outside of eBay, a can of Coke and bag of chips will suffice."

Earlier this season Newcastle fans placed Kieron Dyer on eBay. There were 48 bids for the England star, ranging from 1p to £10million.

Dyer was described as 'a midfield player - but only if he's in the mood.'

£1,131 now. At that price the club must seriously consider selling! Well it's more than a 'Free'.

Does your auction close on Transfer deadline day, it's about that time isn't it? Maybe it will attract interest from the big clubs yet! laugh.gif

My word, I'm been in Preston all day today and just got back. I can't believe my moment of jest is on the back page of the WDP!!!!!

Awesome!

congrats Rich, well deserved... and for those who can't take a joke! P155 0FF

Archived