IGNORED

Does Booing Work?

Red Cloud

The more booing the team gets the less effective it becomes.

Sure,it worked for Wards team in 1997 after a 1-1 draw with the then lowly B'mouth but they weren't booed every week like this lot are.

They almost expect it now when they don't win at AG and its a pointless exercise.

Guest zider_head

If i performed that badly at my job day in day out i wouldnt now long have a JOB enough said ?

And how the hell can you clap that $hit off ?

I callped one player of on saturday and that was young GOLDBOURBE i didnt think tommy was anything special and ihis attitude is a joke another booking

The more booing the team gets the less effective it becomes.

Sure,it worked for Wards team in 1997 after a 1-1 draw with the then lowly B'mouth but they weren't booed every week like this lot are.

They almost expect it now when they don't win at AG and its a pointless exercise.

thought it was York and on a Friday night? sad.gif

If you were having a bad day at work & your Boss -

A. Called you useless & every name under the Sun!

or

B. Said "come on mate, I know you can do it!"

Which is more likely to inspire you?

Yes, but does your boss give you a standing ovation when you turn up for work, chant your name to encourage you and then roar you off at the end of the day if you've done a good job?

That's what the City players get and if some fans choose to criticise them and then boo them off if they perceive a bad day's work then so be it.

They've got it easy really, imagine if we had the power to sack them? wacko.gif

For those with short memorys - John Ward admitted that the spur to promotion was the team being booed of in 97.

Wardy wasnt a rookie manager, and I think the team then was, in general, better than this current breed, Wills-and the comfort zone hadnt really started, yet either.

When the players leave the field do you see many clapping the fans... thanking us for our support week in week out..... no! Do we see them giving 100% for their club?... no! So what are fans supposed to do?

Clap, cheer and show we're happy? If the players show no commitment or no gratitude then why should the fans be the scapegoats?

Why can't we express how we feel?

Does booing work?

Firstly, it makes the team sit up and take notice that you won't accept the crap thats being put forward to them.

Secondly, it CAN improve a players form. I'm sure Rich will back me up here, that back in November David Duke was disgracefully booed off the pitch after a 3-3 with Torquay.

He went up to Tranmere the next week and scored. He scored again in the FA Cup a week after. Since then he's probably been our best player, bar Super Sam.

It might not be nice, but booing does get results.

Yes, but does your boss give you a standing ovation when you turn up for work, chant your name to encourage you and then roar you off at the end of the day if you've done a good job?

That's what the City players get and if some fans choose to criticise them and then boo them off if they perceive a bad day's work then so be it.

They've got it easy really, imagine if we had the power to sack them? wacko.gif

Fair point that.

As far as I am aware as well my boss doesnt pay £10-20 quid for the privilege of sitting in the freezing cold, in his own free time, drinking god awful tea and eating lukewarm pies, watching me put in a crap days work.

I'm not a vehement booer (although i have done so) - i prefer the silence is golden - i'm not angry just disapointed stance.

Archived