IGNORED

The Suggested Clearout

The_Boy

I've noticed recently that quite a few posts have been looking towards a large end of season clearout and subsequent drop in the wage bill paving the way towards the possibilities of more signings; but i was wondering, do you actually think that Tinnion and the board would do that? It would be a pretty bold statement to get rid of Murray, Dinning and the like and to be honest i cant see the club having the b**ls to do it!

I think that the club after this season does need to look at itself and try and start from a clean slate. Even if it means getting rid of players who in the past have done alot for the club but aren't any more then i think that the board needs to make some tough decisions.

I've noticed recently that quite a few posts have been looking towards a large end of season clearout and subsequent drop in the wage bill paving the way towards the possibilities of more signings; but i was wondering, do you actually think that Tinnion and the board would do that? It would be a pretty bold statement to get rid of Murray, Dinning and the like and to be honest i cant see the club having the b**ls to do it!

I think that the club after this season does need to look at itself and try and start from a clean slate. Even if it means getting rid of players who in the past have done alot for the club but aren't any more then i think that the board needs to make some tough decisions.

It's not as easy as that sad.gif As attempts to sell players in the last couple of seasons have shown (Bell, Brown, Peacock, Coles et al) the market isn't there, thanks to a buoyant free transfer market.

Guest sambo

OUT: tinnion, millen, Bell, Smith, miller, murray, Dinning, Fortune, Woodman and Gould! all uselus this season (except Gould who hasnt had the chance - but he is about 36 so too old for 1st team football and Miller who has done well but we are going to lose him!)

You are more lightly to see the departure of Lita. (and at the risk of repeating scandalous unsubstantiated pub rumour...) it will be to Reading for £600 000 in the next two weeks....

I hope this is wrong.

PS

Please have mercy on my soul for passing on this rumour blink.gif and before you ask. It was a friend of my wifes brothers.... Who had an unfortunate knack of predicting the movements of Murry last year.

We can expect Bell,G'fellow,Amankwaah,Woodman,Coles and possibly Miller not to be at City next season.Bell's too old and injury prone and will probably drop a division or two and the others will find other clubs where they are more likely to get first team football.Coles wants to play in the championship and if City get a decent offer they'll let him go to.

If City recieve an offer that can't be refused for Lita then he'll be off as well but I can't see that happening.Even if he did go I would see Heffernan as a more that adequate replacement so his departure wouldn't be as a great a loss as some fans think.Any significant dosh for Lita could be used get some more decent players.

If City recieve an offer that can't be refused for Lita then he'll be off as well but I can't see that happening.Even if he did go I would see Heffernan as a more that adequate replacement so his departure wouldn't be as a great a loss as some fans think.Any significant dosh for Lita could be used get some more decent players.

Thanks for the Flame free reply. I though I may have brought the rath of the forum onto myself ohmy.gif

Guest DrFaustus
It was a friend of my wifes brothers.... Who had an unfortunate knack of predicting the movements of Murry last year.

you have left me with images which will haunt me all day. blink.gif

You are more lightly to see the departure of Lita. (and at the risk of repeating scandalous unsubstantiated pub rumour...) it will be to Reading for £600 000 in the next two weeks....

I hope this is wrong.

PS

Please have mercy on my soul for passing on this rumour blink.gif and before you ask. It was a friend of my wifes brothers.... Who had an unfortunate knack of predicting the movements of Murry last year.

Given this rumour, would £600k with a decent add on package, such as sell on clauses, number of games/goals, promotion and international recognition.

Would that amount be acceptable, given that potential for this season being a "flash in the pan" year. Coles was valued at £500k not long ago on the strength of 1 good season, now we would snap anyones hand off for almost half of that. Should we take the money for Lita if offered, and give Heff the chance of a run in the team he deserves ? Because next year Leroy could do nothing, and obviously his value would drop.

I await scorn from all corners

CHR city.gif

Given this rumour, would £600k with a decent add on package, such as sell on clauses, number of games/goals, promotion and international recognition.

Would that amount be acceptable, given that potential for this season being a "flash in the pan" year. Coles was valued at £500k not long ago on the strength of 1 good season, now we would snap anyones hand off for almost half of that. Should we take the money for Lita if offered, and give Heff the chance of a run in the team he deserves ? Because next year Leroy could do nothing, and obviously his value would drop.

I await scorn from all corners

CHR  city.gif

600k. plus add-ons would be acceptable to me. Not many 3rd division clubs would turn that sort of money down. If we can get more, with more than one club being interested, then so much the better, but he'll need to start scoring again quickly if that's to happen.

We all know how bad the club's finances are and City have Heffs as a ready made replacement. He will more than likely match Leroy's total in this division, and there's no guarantee Leroy's value will ever be as high again.

Worst scenario is Heffernan gets fed up and leaves for 100k. and Leroy has a poor second season and his value plummets. What would fans rather have, 600k. for Leroy or 100k. for Heffs., because it's unlikely they'll both be here next year.

We know from bitter experience how players who hit form at City one season go on to be disappointing the next. With Leroy it would make sense to take 600k. while he's in demand.

Archived