IGNORED

Julian Dicks

Bubble

Help!

Julian dicks is a bristol boy? can someone confirm Did he play for City................. He is the landlord of my local

Just back from my local, as it happens. What's your local?

Julian Dicks never played for City, he was Knowle West born and bred, but signed for Birmingham as a 16 year old (I think), played for them, was transferred and became a legend at West Ham.

I played just a few games with his brother Grantley, who was also a quality left back, but he was miles better so he went his way - Bath City and others - and I went mine.

I believe Julian's/Grantley's old man (Terry?) was also a top local footballer in his time.

There haven't been that many first class Bristolian footballers, so you tend to remember details about the ones that there are! The fact he was in the Vinnie Jones mould makes it all the better!

Julian Dicks never played for City, he was Knowle West born and bred, but signed for Birmingham as a 16 year old (I think), played for them, was transferred and became a legend at West Ham.

I played just a few games with his brother Grantley, who was also a quality left back, but he was miles better so he went his way - Bath City and others - and I went mine.

I believe Julian's/Grantley's old man (Terry?) was also a top local footballer in his time.

There haven't been that many first class Bristolian footballers, so you tend to remember details about the ones that there are! The fact he was in the Vinnie Jones mould makes it all the better!

We used to call Julian and Grantley Dicks old man Ronnie at Connaught road school

Is this the same Julian Dicks?

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/a-zofplayers...uliandicks.html

I remember reading in the paper that he was involved in a custardy battle for his child/children after he and his wife split up. I think they had twins and they were going to have one each!!! wacko.gif I only remember this as his mum was a teacher (deupty head) at my daughters school.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

The best man at Julian's wedding was a former City player of the season in Martin Kuhl(his team-mate at Birmingham)....Julian Dicks was fashion leader with the skinhead haircut! He was a much better player than Stuart Pearce but didn't have half as much discipline....

Guest Colchester fan
As I remember he got badly injured at West Ham and went onto play for Canvey Island or somthing stupid like that.

He was a quality player in his day though.

Which pub does he own?

He owns a pub just outside Colchester, the website looks a little out of date unless he has put the wrong year on there banghead.gif

See the link below for details.

Has a distinct West Ham look to the site!

http://www.shepherdanddog.fsnet.co.uk/

Archived