IGNORED

Ticket Problems At Torquay

Did anyone else have the same problem as me at Torquay? My ticket stated that I should of been in the SPARKWORLD away terrace, when i tried to get in there about 230, i was told by a steward that it was full and that i had to stand on the side. I know I wasn't the only 1 who had that problem, as many people around me said the same. One bloke told me that 200 city fans had forged tickets, that was apparantly what he was told when he complained, did anyone hear about this? And does anyone know who i complain to? Why was this shambles allowed to take place, torquay couldn't organise a p~ss up in a brewary!!! Fair play to those who did turn up though as the atmopshere was top drawer

ranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gif

We had sixteen-hundred people going (OFFICIAL estimate, not counting any alleged forgery) and most of them were in the stadium well before 2:30. No disrespect but seeing a large amount of them were going by coach it would have been paramount to get there early.

[Edited for bad English]

Luckely for me i was put behind the goal instead of the sides. Both police and stewards checked me ticket, i guess its first come first served and the corner is used as an other flow. However if you brought the ticket for behind the goal thats where u should be.

Guest alex1089

I got in the stadium at about 2:00 and had no problem, i stood direct behind the goal but then about 15minutes later lots of people piled in and i saw one of my mates and he said that he couldent find anywhere to stand, so there must of been some kind of first come first serve.

Luckely for me i was put behind the goal instead of the sides. Both police and stewards checked me ticket, i guess its first come first served and the corner is used as an other flow. However if you brought the ticket for behind the goal thats where u should be.

Thats what I thought. If my ticket states a certain place thats where i should go. I know i wasn't the only 1 this affected, loads of people on the sides were complaining

Guest burnhamgull

If anybody has forged tickets then you need to look at them if you're looking to blame someone. I'm a Torquay fan who was lucky enough not to go yesterday but can't believe that their are city fans moaning still despite yesterdays results. Cheer up guys, we'd swap positions with you.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Well, I was in the 'Pop-Side' as it was known sniggering my fat a$$ off amongst the Torquay Fans, right behind where that nutty kid did his lap before stewards even made it on to the pitch.......genuis!

It seems there were a couple of licensing officials there from the local council - I saw them walking through the away terrace about 2.15 and then again later on. My guess is they stopped any further fans being let in as the terrace appeared pretty full!

Same here I did have a problem getting out to the ladies after kick off but a policeman just told me to ask him to go back behind goal so I did. I did see alot of fans arguing with the police about tickets and there wasn't alot of space in the corner of where we were stood sad.gif

Archived