IGNORED

Tommy Doc

ciderup

Going to Old trafford!What do I do when Tommy kicks Gerrard/lampard/Beckham Rooney right up in the air when my city colours will be on show? Do I cringe as an England fan or do what as a City fan? Mixed emotions already...... dunno.gifdunno.gifdunno.gifdunno.gif

Going to Old trafford!What do I do when Tommy kicks Gerrard/lampard/Beckham Rooney right up in the air when my city colours will be on show? Do I cringe as an England fan or do what as a City fan? Mixed emotions already...... dunno.gif  dunno.gif  dunno.gif  dunno.gif

Pray that they don't cripple him back in response?

I suppose I'd love for Docs to have the game of his life (replacing the Spain game) and having his value sky-rocket.  He'll be my favorite player on the pitch regardless of what team I'm supporting.

When England are 4-0 up, i might have a look to see how Doherty is geting on.

Until then i'll only have eyes for the players in white shirts.

Reckon our Tommy might be particularly irksome as an opposition player.

I just watched a video of an old Harry Enfield show where he did a very funny sketch featuring a game between the Arsenal team of the 1930's versus the 1991 Liverpool team, played in glorious black and white. The Arsenal team's warm up focused around the copious consumption of pies, beer and fags. I thought of Tommy.

I just watched a video of an old Harry Enfield show where he did a very funny sketch featuring a game between the Arsenal team of the 1930's versus the 1991 Liverpool team, played in glorious black and white. The Arsenal team's warm up focused around the copious consumption of pies, beer and fags. I thought of Tommy.

Are you sure Tommy was your first thought Dave, not your goodself? Appreciate the fags don't fit, what if it had been half a whale, chips and a pint?

What with the great Charles Charlie Charles on the wing?? w00t.gif Hilarious stuff

What with the great Charles Charlie Charles on the wing??  w00t.gif  Hilarious stuff

The great Charles Charlie Charles of the famous Charles brothers, I remember that sketch like it was yesterday. The grainy black and white, Pathe style footage with 20 players running around in a pack after the ball - top stuff. Made I larf biggrin.gif

Going to Old trafford!What do I do when Tommy kicks Gerrard/lampard/Beckham Rooney right up in the air when my city colours will be on show? Do I cringe as an England fan or do what as a City fan? Mixed emotions already...... dunno.gif  dunno.gif  dunno.gif  dunno.gif

don't worry I doubt he will be able to catch them. An absolute travesty that he is on the same pitch as them if we don't put 5 past that rabble something is definatley wrong in team England!

Guest sinti
don't worry I doubt he will be able to catch them. An absolute travesty that he is on the same pitch as them if we don't put 5 past that rabble something is definatley wrong in team England!

I'm a Northern Ireland fan heading to the game on Saturday. Cant wait, biggest game we've had for near 20 years. Sure you might put five past us, maybe even more, but ones things for sure every man in green will give everything and thats all we can ask for them and you never no we might just sneak a 0-0.

As for Tommy there is a 50/50 chance he'll start- Johnson and Davis are definate starters so its between him and Jeff Whiley for the 3rd place in mid-field. Really hope its Tommy thou.

Watch out for the Green And White Army in the stands- we've got 15000 green ballons and 6000 flags planned, its going to look amazing

Guest Brum Red

I'll be supporting TD all the way. Even if he has an absolute blinder i'd be surprised if it had any real effect on the result.

COME ON THE DOC

Well I stood up in the top tier of ther Stretford End to clap him when he was subbed.

It was definately a club V country thing. Delighted England won mind you, but equally delighted that City had a player represented in such a big game. Might be some time happening again, let's hope not to long.

Also fair play to the Northern Ireland fans...great songs. Personal favourite a song about Healy taken from Away in a manger..... the little lord jesus...he...lay, who ever thought of that!

On the topic of great songs had the pleasure to make the aquantence of the City fan who got the Dolman singing with his cider submarine song on the train coming back from the Cheltenham gold cup. The bloke lives in Manchester and comes back for the games. He didn't have a ticket for the Torquay game but was hoping to get one. I certainly hope he did... the bloke is a legend!

On the topic of great songs had the pleasure to make the aquantence of the City fan who got the Dolman singing with his cider submarine song on the train coming back from the Cheltenham gold cup.  The bloke lives in Manchester and comes back for the games.  He didn't have a ticket for the Torquay game but was hoping to get one.  I certainly hope he did... the bloke is a legend!

He is a 5* legend.

Makes the games more entertaining then they actually are.

cool.gif

Archived