IGNORED

Dinning To Port Vale

Dave L

Slinky,just to point out that the reason given on the Official site, is the reason we have been told.

I have a right to put my views & they are my views not those given by the club or any other individual.

If I think it is a smokescreen, then I have said so.

But what I thought you were saying was that BT had admitted he made a mistake.

Are you saying these are your words

Forgive me,just a little confused.

Where does it say that BT admits he got it wrong.

I thought it was for family reasons that TD didn't want to move South?

I could be wrong

But you have contradicted yourself. Your opinions are completely fair enough, but by saying 'smoke screen' and then by saying it was 'family reasons', you have made me a little confused.....

No conspiracy,just my views.

Your views are assumptions as well - did BT get rid or did TD want to move on ? dunno.gif

Whichever way we dress it up,after the Luton fall out, BT wasn't going to play TD.

As for DW,I find it strange that anyone could now moan about his reign.

I was critical of a few aspects, but I am sure now that if DW had have stayed - Luton & Hull would have been trailing in our wake.

You've got a short memory richieb. If my memory serves me correct we didn't even get a shot in at goal against Brighton in the play-off final in Danny Wilson's last game in charge of BCFC. Danny Wilson didn't even have this season's top scorer - Leroy Lita - on the subs bench to rescue our play-off final. The board were right to get shot of Danny Wilson after that terrible debacle.

Where does it say that BT admits he got it wrong.

I thought it was for family reasons that TD didn't want to move South? 

I could be wrong

But you have contradicted yourself. Your opinions are completely fair enough, but by saying 'smoke screen' and then by saying it was 'family reasons', you have made me a little confused.....

Wow,it is getting confusing!

The Official site says it's for family reasons dunno.gif

I reckon it has much to do with BT & TD falling out at Half time at Luton (that eye to eye confrontation)

Slinky says that BT admits he got it wrong - thats the bit I couldn't find.

wacko.gif

As for DW,I find it strange that anyone could now moan about his reign.

Well we only made progress on the previous season's league position in two of the seasons under Wilson and the net gain over the whole period was 6 places over 4 years and at a cost in transfer fees in the order of millions.

Now you may very well think that's acceptable but it doesn't quite square with your campaign against Tinnion, who has had significantly less time and money than Wilson.

Tinnion is trying to undo some of the damage left by Wilson's neglect. The least we could do is support him in his efforts. I can't fathom why you are so keen to undermine him at every opportunity.

You've got a short memory richieb. If my memory serves me correct we didn't even get a shot in at goal against Brighton in the play-off final in Danny Wilson's last game in charge of BCFC. Danny Wilson didn't even have this season's top scorer - Leroy Lita - on the subs bench to rescue our play-off final. The board were right to get shot of Danny Wilson after that terrible debacle.

Yep,we all know Cardiff was awful.

And DW knew mistakes were made.

But teams like Reading,QPR etc got up after losing a final.

And I think that DW would have actually learn't from that dreadful day.

History now - but still beleive that we would have been in a far better position now had we have stuck with he & Frank.

Guest Slinky
Wow,it is getting confusing!

The Official site says it's for family reasons  dunno.gif

I reckon it has much to do with BT & TD falling out at Half time at Luton (that eye to eye confrontation)

Slinky says that BT admits he got it wrong - thats the bit I couldn't find.

wacko.gif

Do you have to be such hard work? It's like running in treacle trying to get a point across to you.

As I said in a previous reply to this same point:

Tinnion signed a player. He hasn't performed for whatever reason and now he has gone.

I think it's fair to assume that with hindsight, the signing of the player was a mistake, which the manager has been bold enough to rectify.

Buying a player then loaning him out a few months later after he hasn't performed is surely a public admission that signing that player was the wrong decision.

And I haven't reported any of his posts all night Tom.

Well we only made progress on the previous season's league position in two of the seasons under Wilson and the net gain over the whole period was 6 places over 4 years and at a cost in transfer fees in the order of millions.

Now you may very well think that's acceptable but it doesn't quite square with your campaign against Tinnion, who has had significantly less time and money than Wilson.

Tinnion is trying to undo some of the damage left by Wilson's neglect. The least we could do is support him in his efforts. I can't fathom why you are so keen to undermine him at every opportunity.

Undermine ? Your word not mine.

I was very much feeling like you that DW had taken us as far as he could?

Cardiff was awful.

But I can't believe that you can be happy that BT has taken a top 3 team & turned it into an inconsistant/ordinary team.

What damage did DW leave ?

All I do know is that he left a team that had the best defence in the division & a team that did actaully know what formation & positions they had to play. (albeit a bit odd sometimes)

Now we have a team that has slipped backwards & seems to be all over the place when it comes to personel.

Forgive me for being a bit thick, but which Manager has caused much damage?

If I genuinely thought BT had taken on a top 3 team & moved it forward that extra step then I don't think me or any other doubter would be so critical.

I am afraid that nothing but promotion this season would convince me that BT has achieved his goal.

• Admin
Yep,we all know Cardiff was awful.

And DW knew mistakes were made.

But teams like Reading,QPR etc got up after losing a final.

And I think that DW would have actually learn't from that dreadful day.

History now - but still beleive that we would have been in a far better position now had we have stuck with he & Frank.

Interesting use of the words "still believe", richie. You make it sound like you never wanted Danny Wilson removed as manager of Bristol City.

At the time, following a letter by edson in the Evening Post, you said:

I know that there will be counter arguements, but for me, I have turned from being pro DW to siding with Edson on this topic.

Until anyone can tell me what will be different next season under DW

You were as pro the sacking of DW as anyone else at the end of the season, it would seem. Now you "still believe" we should have stuck with him.

How convenient.

Guest Bradwall Red

Dinning lives about 10 miles from Port Vales Ground and training facilities. If the problem is that he doesn't want to make the two and a half hour journey to Bristol everyday because he has decided not to commute now then it does seem a bit strange that he signed in the first place.

I understand that he was unhappy, once he had signed, because he wasn't getting a game, because Tinnion keep picking himself. Tinnion apparently saw TD as a replacement for himself when he stopped playing.

I thought based on TD's performance whilst on loan that he was a good signing. He was the experienced midfielder that we need to give some structure to the side, and showed he is an organiser on the pitch in those early games.

I still think Tommy Doc is way off his best, he looked tired and a bit peed off against Torquay. Instructions coming from the bench were met with frowns and bemused looks by him which I think highlights the problem he has with Tinnion as manager.

I'm sure everyone is happier with TD going to Port Vale till the end of the season. The statement that 'we will look at the future at the end of the season suggests to me that we will be looking for another club to sign him for next season.

Guest Bradwall Red

Dinning lives about 10 miles from Port Vales Ground and training facilities. If the problem is that he doesn't want to make the two and a half hour journey to Bristol everyday because he has decided not to commute now then it does seem a bit strange that he signed in the first place.

I understand that he was unhappy, once he had signed, because he wasn't getting a game, because Tinnion keep picking himself. Tinnion apparently saw TD as a replacement for himself when he stopped playing.

I thought based on TD's performance whilst on loan that he was a good signing. He was the experienced midfielder that we need to give some structure to the side, and showed he is an organiser on the pitch in those early games.

I still think Tommy Doc is way off his best, he looked tired and a bit peed off against Torquay. Instructions coming from the bench were met with frowns and bemused looks by him which I think highlights the problem he has with Tinnion as manager.

I'm sure everyone is happier with TD going to Port Vale till the end of the season. The statement that 'we will look at the future at the end of the season suggests to me that we will be looking for another club to sign him for next season.

And you reckon its much to do with BT & TD falling out at Half time at Luton (that eye to eye confrontation)

Why don't you just agree to disagree instead of tying to report each others posts every 5 seconds to the administrators?

I'm trying to have a quiet evening  banghead.gif

I appreciate the job you're trying to do Tom, which is why a couple of days ago I took the following action:

You have chosen to ignore Slinky. View this post · Un-ignore Slinky

Works very effectively I have to say, even if it is the first time I've ever added someone to it.

Unfortunately judging by the fact that the featured user seems to have kept replying solely to topics that I have featured in I'm afraid it seems clear that Mr Hattersley hasn't got the message yet...

I've got a girlfriend so stop stalking me!

Glad I got that off my chest, no doubt I'll be reading the same old message below this post; You have chosen to ignore Slinky. View this post · Un-ignore Slinky

Booooring.

violin.gif

Guest Slinky
I appreciate the job you're trying to do Tom, which is why a couple of days ago I took the following action:

Works very effectively I have to say, even if it is the first time I've ever added someone to it.

Unfortunately judging by the fact that the featured user seems to have kept replying solely to topics that I have featured in I'm afraid it seems clear that Mr Hattersley hasn't got the message yet...

I've got a girlfriend so stop stalking me!

Glad I got that off my chest, no doubt I'll be reading the same old message below this post;  You have chosen to ignore Slinky. View this post · Un-ignore Slinky

Booooring.

violin.gif

Fair enough. You aren't capable of arguing your case so you have chosen to hide and hope it goes away.

Dinning is a class above this division. He knows it and Tinnion knows it, and anyone who actually watches football (as opposed to just turning up and moaning) knows it.

Haha. Ok, firstly Dinning hasn't played on a regular basis in a league above ours since 2000/01 for Wolves when he made 35 appearances. Now that was 4 years ago, and since then he's played about 20 games in the league above us for 3 different clubs I think. That does not suggest, let alone, guarentee that he is a class above this division!

And who turns up and moans instead of watching football? Not me, if thats what you're suggesting. I always get 100% behind the lads from the word go and sing. You don't do you 'cynic'?

It was a good signing that hasn't worked out - much like Wilson signing Miller. Another who is a class above this division, but didn't fit in. Not Wilson's fault at all.

I appreciate that some signings don't work out but rarely as spectacularly as this one has flopped. For the manager to look so distressed as Tinnion did after the Luton game suggests that he was not a happy man. With himself? Who knows, but he went on to publicly slate Dinning for his performance - something Wilson didn't do and consequently got better performnces out of his players. You don't see Wenger or Ferguson doing it either.

Not at all risky or naive.

Dinning is a class above this division. He knows it and Tinnion knows it, and anyone who actually watches football (as opposed to just turning up and moaning) knows it.

Totally agree, his vision, touch and passing at times were different class, and he is one of them footballers that have the natural brain.

Sadly his attitude is a disgrace and he'll never make it big time, reminds me of Tony Thorpe, ability there but attiude held him back.

Guest Slinky
For the manager to look so distressed as Tinnion did after the Luton game suggests that he was not a happy man. With himself? Who knows, but he went on to publicly slate Dinning for his performance - something Wilson didn't do and consequently got better performnces out of his players. You don't see Wenger or Ferguson doing it either.

WRONG again.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger blasted young midfielder Robin van Persie after his red card on Saturday against Southampton.

"He knows he should not have done what he did. I could not support him," said Wenger.

"Intelligent behaviour is needed on the pitch to win matches and he knows it was important for us to stay 11 against 10 but if he cannot maintain that goal it is a problem for him mentally to adapt to.

"You just hope he will learn from it.

"He was warned at half-time that the referee was under pressure to send off a player from our side and even things up and having been booked he was an obvious target."

WRONG again.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger blasted young midfielder Robin van Persie after his red card on Saturday against Southampton.

"He knows he should not have done what he did. I could not support him," said Wenger.

"Intelligent behaviour is needed on the pitch to win matches and he knows it was important for us to stay 11 against 10 but if he cannot maintain that goal it is a problem for him mentally to adapt to.

"You just hope he will learn from it.

"He was warned at half-time that the referee was under pressure to send off a player from our side and even things up and having been booked he was an obvious target."

To be fair,this isn't exactly 'like for like'

For a start I am surprised AW actually saw it!! ohmy.gif

And a rash booking & stupid sending off,is open for debate & Managers have the right to defend or no to defend players.

AW, AF & JM - would never publically slate their players like BT does.

If TD had got recklessly sent off & it cost us the game, then BT has every right to have a say.

But to say someone was responsible for the bad display & then say they expect more from someone who is a high earner at the club is very poor management.

Happens too much with BT.

Glad I got that off my chest, no doubt I'll be reading the same old message below this post;  You have chosen to ignore Slinky. View this post · Un-ignore Slinky

Booooring.

violin.gif

Two messages (I presume responding to Slinky's favourite man? ie ME) and a personal message sent to my inbox - how lucky am I?!

I think Dinning is a quality player who has been mismanaged by Tinnion.  Tinnion has constantly chopped and changed his midfield quartet, which it would appear has contributed to disillusionment among a number of the squad.

He (Dinning) showed his undoubted ability during the loan period and you cant' tell me that once he won his contract he was just content to earn his money in the comfort zone.  The majority of footballers want to play and play well.

He also made Dinning a public scapegoat in a number of defeats and dropped him from the following games.  Should Tinnion have substituted himself when he passed the ball to a Sheffield Wednesday player, who promptly scored when we lost 4-1 at home?

I agree.

Dinning has been and will be a quality midifled player with the right management (and unfortunately that's not Tinnion). Dinning was publicly lambasted by Tinnion after the Luton game - not on in my opinion.

I think, seemingly for a number of players, Tinnion has lost the plot in the dressing room.

There's a fair chance we could lose a fair few players in the summer... and with a drop in ST sales there won't be any cash around to replace them... leading to another season of struggle in this dreadful division...

Guest Jamesonjoe

Truth is the Manager has admitted he has got it wrong by

loaning Dinning out to Port Vale,and Dinning can come up with all

the excuses he likes,truth is, he did not perform as a footballer

with his experience was expected too...nuff said...

The Manager is in the right,both for himself and the Club...

Sadly his attitude is a disgrace and he'll never make it big time, reminds me of Tony Thorpe, ability there but attiude held him back.

Thats unfair to Tony Thorpe-Dinning is just idle, Thorpe suffered from this clubs indifferent selection of managers, and my train sets bigger than yours mentality of the then City board.

I think Dinning will be glad to see the back of this club.  He has been made a scapegoat not just by the fans but also the manager.

No he hasn't.

The simple fact is that Dinning was brought in by Tinnion so that he himself could retire from playing, and Dinning has let him down badly.

Tony Dinning is a highly-paid, senior professional, yet the manager simply cannot trust him to do his job. That is why his job is currently being done much better by a lad who is 10 years younger than him.

The way Dinning has behaved is appalling. He doesn't deserve a career in professional football. I would rather see City put out a side comprised of Bradley Orr, Joe Burnell and Matt Hewlett than see Dinning play for the club again. He is a lazy, good for nothing waster who has abused the trust of the club.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Tony.

Guest Big Si

From the times I have seen Dinning play, I couldnt honestly say he looked like a gave a monkeys. Not being a great footballer and giving it your all is one thing, but having some ability but not putting the effort in is unacceptable at ashton gate. Thats why some players down the years are popular when you couldnt say they were fantastic footballers, people like llewellyn and hill are two examples.

If Brian Tinnion can acheive the status he did amongst the supporters as a player, he can ask his players to play with the same level of commitment, and they cant say to him "well who are you to want that of us", cause he has done it. Tinman, above everything else, wants someone who is going to put the same effort into playing as he did, even if the players are not brilliant, they should still be able to deliver some effort.

If Tinnion gives a contract to a footballer who has played at a higher level and I believe was once subject to a 1 million transfer fee, he has the right to expect a certain level of performance and effort from him, and Dinning just didnt deliver. If he did, he would still be starting games for us. If the result of this is Tinman moves him out, then good on him.

If anyone says tinman made a mistake, how many people on here were also saying we should sign Dinning after his loan spell?

Dinning let people down, not Tinman, and at least Tinman isnt scared to do something about it.

Si.

Dinning has been and will be a quality midifled player with the right management

Dinning was bought by Wigan for £750,000 in Sept 2001.

In March of the following year they saw fit to loan their expensive player to Stoke where he played 5 games. They didn't want to keep him.

In November of that year he went on a 3 month loan to Walsall. Played twice. They didn't want to keep him.

In January 2004 he went on loan to Blackpool for three months. Played 10 times. They didn't want to keep him.

In August 2004 he went on loan to Ipswich for a month's loan. Played twice. They didn't want to keep him.

Then he ended up at City, where he lasted a bit longer, but we too have decided that we don't want to keep him.

So Gudjon Thordarson, Colin Lee, Steve McMahon, Joe Royle and Paul Jewell all decided that he wasn't a player who they wanted in their squad. Does that make them bad managers too, or do you think it might possibly be something to do with the player?

In March of the following year they saw fit to loan their expensive player to Stoke where he played 5 games. They didn't want to keep him.

In November of that year he went on a 3 month loan to Walsall. Played twice. They didn't want to keep him.

In January 2004 he went on loan to Blackpool for three months. Played 10 times. They didn't want to keep him.

In August 2004 he went on loan to Ipswich for a month's loan. Played twice. They didn't want to keep him.

Then he ended up at City, where he lasted a bit longer, but we too have decided that we don't want to keep him.

So Gudjon Thordarson, Colin Lee, Steve McMahon, Joe Royle and Paul Jewell all decided that he wasn't a player who they wanted in their squad. Does that make them bad managers too, or do you think it might possibly be something to do with the player?

I'm not his biggest fan nor am I worried that he has gone but we don't actually know if these managers didn't want him. Some may not have been able to afford him and he may not have wanted to go to others and the rest may have seen him as you do.

Surely there is a major difference here.

Walsall, Blackpool and Ipswich had him on loan and decided no go.

We had him on loan, gave him a contract and then decided no go.

Our way is both more costly and embarassing.

I'm not his biggest fan nor am I worried that he has gone but we don't actually know if these managers didn't want him. Some may not have been able to afford him and he may not have wanted to go to others and the rest may have seen him as you do.

Doesn't it raise the bigger question, why on earth did we ever sign him permanently?

There were several Wigan fans saying all along what a waster he was, yet we either didn't check with people in football to find out about him or if we did we then ignored them.

Either way this is an expensive mistake very reminiscent of the Pulis era and there is no guarantee that Port Vale will take over the remainder of his lucrative two and a half year contract.

Doesn't it raise the bigger question, why on earth did we ever sign him permanently?

There were several Wigan fans saying all along what a waster he was, yet we either didn't check with people in football to find out about him or if we did we then ignored them.

Either way this is an expensive mistake very reminiscent of the Pulis era and there is no guarantee that Port Vale will take over the remainder of his lucrative two and a half year contract.

Yes it does.

I wander whether we should ask for refernces when signing every player.

The thing that is most frustrating is that he has shown what he can do in patches and we have not been able to get this consistently (even if it's dwon to the players poor attitude). Which I think does go some way to saying why we signed him.

Archived