IGNORED

Dinning To Port Vale

Dave L

Glad to see the back of the waster. The question is, will he play against us? I do hope so, as that will weaken their midfield significantly.

Delighted to read this, but have not seen anything on the official site, nor on the PV site, is it really happening ?????????????

CHR city.gif

I think Dinning is a quality player who has been mismanaged by Tinnion. Tinnion has constantly chopped and changed his midfield quartet, which it would appear has contributed to disillusionment among a number of the squad.

He (Dinning) showed his undoubted ability during the loan period and you cant' tell me that once he won his contract he was just content to earn his money in the comfort zone. The majority of footballers want to play and play well.

He also made Dinning a public scapegoat in a number of defeats and dropped him from the following games. Should Tinnion have substituted himself when he passed the ball to a Sheffield Wednesday player, who promptly scored when we lost 4-1 at home?

it was quite suprising to see how many clubs he'd been at when we saw his quality on loan, but now we all no why. And the list continues

Stockport, Wolves, Wigan, Stokes , Wallsal, Blackpool, Ipswich , Bristol City, and Port Vale

every club has learnt the hard way that hes a lazy @$$.

Glad to see the back of the waster. The question is, will he play against us? I do hope so, as that will weaken their midfield significantly.

Yes,well spotted Mr Tinnion.

One of your great signings on his way already.

Could take some season to get your own team together at this rate.

Dinning - didn't play for himself ? Or didn't play for his manager ?

devil.gif

I think Dinning is a quality player who has been mismanaged by Tinnion.  Tinnion has constantly chopped and changed his midfield quartet, which it would appear has contributed to disillusionment among a number of the squad.

He (Dinning) showed his undoubted ability during the loan period and you cant' tell me that once he won his contract he was just content to earn his money in the comfort zone.  The majority of footballers want to play and play well.

He also made Dinning a public scapegoat in a number of defeats and dropped him from the following games.  Should Tinnion have substituted himself when he passed the ball to a Sheffield Wednesday player, who promptly scored when we lost 4-1 at home?

Yep,I think you have a key point here.

I understand Dinning was upset with being used as a scapegoat at Luton, when 10 other players were as cr@p.

And BT's public slating of Dinning was not very professional.

Yep, the player has been in & out of the team, but he is one of many players who have under performed.

Has to be a common theme here. dunno.gif

Perhaps he wasn't sure what tactics the Manager was insisting on - week in week it changed.

Good luck to him at PV.

Hope he can enjoy his footy as he cleary wasn't once he knew the tactical capabilities of his manager. w00t.gif

Unfortunately he won't be - if i was us i'd have put a clause in forcing him to play as this would only benefit us!!!!!!

Other points on this are that Vale's fans are paying his wages - poor suckers.

Also apparantly he no longer wants to relocate due to his pregnant wife...............not because we tried to sell you on ebay then Tony???

Also he's being signed as cover for hulbert who we let go into non-league on a free!!! Speak volumes of his 'undoubted quality'!!!

Unfortunately he won't be - if i was us i'd have put a clause in forcing him to play as this would only benefit us!!!!!!

Other points on this are that Vale's fans are paying his wages - poor suckers.

Also apparantly he no longer wants to relocate due to his pregnant wife...............not because we tried to sell you on ebay then Tony???

Also he's being signed as cover for hulbert who we let go into non-league on a free!!! Speak volumes of his 'undoubted quality'!!!

Am I missing something regarding eBay and Dinning as I wasn't here last week.

Interesting to see at the weekend that Latham said that he felt that Dinning had already played his last game for the club, and he also added that following signing for us that Dinning had "changed his mind" over moving to Bristol.

Just a thought, but if we included in his contract a clause that said he had to move here within a certain time, couldn't we sack him if he didn't?

Whatever, it is good news that he has gone, even if only for two months to start with.

Hoorah for RichieB turning another piece of good news into a stick to beat the manager with.

Is there anything you can't do it with?

Good news in that our manager signs a player who fails to perform and is shipped out in haste having been handled in an inept and unprofessional manner?

thats not good news.

Who is to blame for this latest debacle? the easter bunny????

I've said this before, but we are stumbling from one shambolic incident to another under tinnion, I cannot see why folk still stick with him, he'll destroy us!

jeez!!!

ph34r.gif

i think we should consider ourselves lucky that a team has come in for him, at least for a while. I resented the fact that he would be playing for the Ressies at best and we'd still be paying him top money for the priviledge.

Thank you Port Vale! Always had a soft spot for them since robbie earle scored for them against the Gas in a LDV or was it playoff final? biggrin.gif

It was asked in the forum, if Dinning had a personal problem. I asked if he had moved to Bristol as planned. Well its now said that he has been commuting from up north. Imagine having his pregnant wife and 2 children living in one place,whilst travelling back and forth from Wigan. When he signed he said he "intended" to bring his young family to Bristol. The family situation must always come first.Hope you and your family stick together Tony, enjoy your kids.

Guest Slinky
Good news in that our manager signs a player who fails to perform and is shipped out in haste having been handled in an inept and unprofessional manner?

thats not good news.

Who is to blame for this latest debacle? the easter bunny????

I've said this before, but we are stumbling from one shambolic incident to another under tinnion, I cannot see why folk still stick with him, he'll destroy us!

jeez!!!

ph34r.gif

No.

Good news that our manager wasn't frightened to admit signing a player was a mistake and was big enough to rectify the error as quickly as possible.

Dinning came to the club after a loan spell so knew fine well what the manager was like and still wanted to join.

He thought he could get away with underperforming for a manager who had spent good money on his wages bringing him here.

He was wrong and all power to Tinnion's elbow for not being afraid to make the decision.

What will destroy us is highly paid players not putting in the effort that is required to make us successful. Thankfully we've just got rid of one of those quicksharp. I hope that sends a message to any others thinking of following suit.

Yep,I think you have a key point here.

I understand Dinning was upset with being used as a scapegoat at Luton, when 10 other players were as cr@p.

And BT's public slating of Dinning was not very professional.

Yep, the player has been in & out of the team, but he is one of many players who have under performed.

Has to be a common theme here.  dunno.gif

Perhaps he wasn't sure what tactics the Manager was insisting on - week in week it changed.

Good luck to him at PV.

Hope he can enjoy his footy as he cleary wasn't once he knew the tactical capabilities of his manager. w00t.gif

Yeah this one was quite easy for you I guess Richie.

1. City didn't sign Dinning in the first place - Tinnion lacks ambition/transfer nouse.

2. City sign and keep Dinning even though he's playing rubbish - clearly poor judgement on Tinnion's part.

3. City sign Dinning, he's crap, they get rid quick without having laid out much cash - clearly the sign of mismanagement and a bad signing.

Fact is no matter what he does or doesn't do it's very very easy for someone to turn it into a reason to slate the manager. Especially when that's all that is on someone's agenda.

I prefer to think of it like this. He identified that we needed more in the middle of the park, loaned in a player with experience who did well, signed him with the support of the majority of the fans, gave him a chance, got rid when he'd proved he wasn't going to take it. Exactly the bahaviour I would hope to see from a football manager in other words.

Nibor

Archived