IGNORED

Today's Evening Post

GrahamC

I know this can seem boring but stick with me, it quotes Dinning as saying he has SOLD his house in Cheshire and is now concerned with sorting out a school for his five year old son.

However the same article then goes on to speculate about the possibility of us offering him a cash settlement of the remainder of his two years plus contract!

What is going on?

Don't bother replying with more Dinning abuse, it just doesn't all add up.

If we are getting rid of him because he wouldn't move, why has he sold his house?

He may not be the player we thought, but why consider paying him a settlement on his contract when presumably we can loan him out at worst?

This makes no sense at all to me.

I know this can seem boring but stick with me, it quotes Dinning as saying he has SOLD his house in Cheshire and is now concerned with sorting out a school for his five year old son.

However the same article then goes on to speculate about the possibility of us offering him a cash settlement of the remainder of his two years plus contract!

What is going on?

Don't bother replying with more Dinning abuse, it just doesn't all add up.

If we are getting rid of him because he wouldn't move, why has he sold his house?

He may not be the player we thought, but why consider paying him a settlement on his contract when presumably we can loan him out at worst?

This makes no sense at all to me.

The whole scenario is a mess Sipowicz. Shame really. If Dinning and it would be a big IF went to Vale he would have to take a massive pay cut as they are skint. I can't believe that the club would pay him off so early. Maybe just EP speculation. I think SL would wait until the summer to see what he is going to do with him, keep him or loan him out. I can't see us paying him off somehow. dunno.gif

Judgeing by the acrimomy between BT and Dinning after the Luton debacle I suspect that Dinning will never play in the first team whilst BT remains in charge.They've both crossed the Rubicon as far as each other are concerned.

Might as well pay him off than keep paying him good money to sit in the reserves.

Dinning may have sold his house but I don't buy that he couldn't find a decent school for his 5 year old lad.This area is blessed with some very good schools both within and outside of the City.

Dinnings future at AG will only improve if BT gets the sack.

The whole scenario is a mess Sipowicz. Shame really. If Dinning and it would be a big IF went to Vale he would have to take a massive pay cut as they are skint. I can't believe that the club would pay him off so early. Maybe just EP speculation. I think SL would wait until the summer to see what he is going to do with him, keep him or loan him out. I can't see us paying him off somehow. dunno.gif

Paying him off would be nonsensical. Remember how Steve Jones finally came good for us after being a total waste of space for two years? Surely it's better to keep Dinning as a City player and make use of him where we can? You never know, a new manager next season might be able to motivate him in a more positive way than the current mob seem able to.

Paying him off would be nonsensical. Remember how Steve Jones finally came good for us after being a total waste of space for two years? Surely it's better to keep Dinning as a City player and make use of him where we can? You never know, a new manager next season might be able to motivate him in a more positive way than the current mob seem able to.

I agree, we can make valuable savings by laying off a couple of cleaning staff and making Dinning do the latrines inbetween Reserve games.

This will teach our players that if they play like **** then they can clean it up too.

could it be that both Tinnion and Dinning both know where they stand regarding their thoughts for eachother, and have decided (since luton) that they both can't be at the club together?

Wasn't it that Dinning wanted his contract paid up by wigan before he came to us, there were lots of delays and discussion about who should pay what wasn't there? Maybe dinning is again seeking payment but city are argueing that he hasn't kept to his agreement that he would move down here. dinning now is going through the motions of selling up, ie he is keeping to the contract. Whether he will actually relocate now is looking very doubtful, but as long as he is seen to be doing the right thing can City win? dunno.gif

If he had to move to Bristol as part of his being offered a contract then Mr Dinning is playing a very wise game, no doubt aided by someone in the legal profession.

If it was clearly stated in his contract then obviously he needs to continue to show willing to do so otherwise City could cancel the contract. He hasn't sold as such, it will be 'sold subject to contract'. He could get a mate to agree to buy if he was that corrupt. It goes without saying that I am not suggesting that this is the case.

To sell a house, even on his exclusive estate between Nantwich and Crewe, with free membership of an exclusive Golf Club, takes time. By saying that it is 'sold' and that he needs to find suitable education for his Son, in Bristol, he is showing a willingness to move.

I can see this developing into a very long and expensive saga should there be a stand off between Dinning and Tinnion. One thing is for sure, with the PFA and Employment Legislation firmly on the side of the employee then there will be only one winner.

Clearly he needs some more cash to buy a house elsewhere and this story would have probably been generated by his agent in the hope that City decide to cut their loses and pay Dinning say, a years money now, as opposed to paying him to sit in the reserves for two years.

If I were SL:

1.If the deal was for him to move down here,I'd probably pay him his wages for the next two years on the basis that our cash flow won't stand a one off payment of appx £100/150k and you're better off paying the money slow than fast.

2.The guy has a contract so, unless he's in breach (refuses to train, etc), we have to pay him, irrespective of whether he plays or not.That applies even if he plays for someone else on loan, gets seriously injured and can't play again.

3.SL could take the view that it's better to give him, say,£50k right away, rather than £300k over two years, so a deal of that order could be on the cards.

All rather sad, really.

If we don't want him and he doesn't want to play for us, hopefully common sense will prevail and a deal will be struck.

It saddens me that the player has all the power in this situation.....Dinning obviously has no pride at all, I'm not going to start slating his perfomances but how he can have the cheek to expect to get anything from us after his recent level of play and attitude. There should be more options made available to the club in this kind of situation.

Judgeing by the acrimomy between BT and Dinning after the Luton debacle I suspect that Dinning will never play in the first team whilst BT remains in charge.They've both crossed the Rubicon as far as each other are concerned.

Might as well pay him off than keep paying him good money to sit in the reserves.

Dinning may have sold his house but I don't buy that he couldn't find a decent school for his 5 year old lad.This area is blessed with some very good schools both within and outside of the City.

Dinnings future at AG will only improve if BT gets the sack.

Yep,I think you are spot on robbored.

The fact that it was said TD didn't want to move was fabrication.

You don't proceed with selling your house if you didn't have somewhere to move to?

Botton line is that TD & BT have had a major fall out at half time against Luton.

A few home truths were told & BT while in charge won't want TD playing for him & I suspect after the way TD was dragged off when it could have been anyone of 9 others, I don't reckon TD thinks BT knows what he is doing.

Classic differing of views.

Whether Dinning thinks Tinnion knows what he's doing or not doesn't matter one bit, he gets a good wage to play football for BCFC and has shown he has the ability to play good football when in the mood.

For the record I don't particulary like my boss, but I do as I'm told, if he wants me to do something that I don't like I do it, because he told me to do it, I may not like it but I am respectful to his wishes as he's the boss and is payed a darn sight more than me to make those decisions.

Same as Dinning should do as he's told and anyone else for that matter on the playing staff, Tinnion is the boss and they play to how he wants them to play, it's his decision and he lives and dies by those decisions. If Dinning thinks he knows better it doesn't matter because Steve L doesn't employ him to manage. He's shop floor like me and you, and until he makes it to manager he should do as he's told. No arguments or quibbles, just get on with it.

I think, overall, the Dinning Affair is a sad reflection of the inner turmoil at the club and bad PR.

There are two sides to every story and I don't think that anyone outside the club knows the real truth about Dinning's fall from grace.

I rate Dinning and, for me, he put in a couple of MoM performances at the Gate AFTER he was signed. You don't become a bad player overnight.

I sincerely hope he gets himself sorted and settled because, in my opinion, he didn't deserve the treatment he's received from both the fans and the club.

For me, this is just another indicator that Tinnion is completely lacking n the man management department.

I think, overall, the Dinning Affair is a sad reflection of the inner turmoil at the club and bad PR.

There are two sides to every story and I don't think that anyone outside the club knows the real truth about Dinning's fall from grace.

I rate Dinning and, for me, he put in a couple of MoM performances at the Gate AFTER he was signed.  You don't become a bad player overnight.

I sincerely hope he gets himself sorted and settled because, in my opinion, he didn't deserve the treatment he's received from both the fans and the club.

For me, this is just another indicator that Tinnion is completely lacking n the man management department.

To an extent I have to say I agree with you, something about this whole issue with Dinning just doesn't add up. I have stayed out of the debate until now because I just couldn't get my head around how we have signed someone, then dropped him so quickly and used him as a "scapegoat" (maybe) after the Luton game when by all accounts no one had a good game, and now seem determined to get rid of him. It really doesn't make any sense to me and is a worrying sign at the club.

The handling of Dinning, of Miller, of Gillespie, of Coles, of Docherty, of Woodman, of Goodfellow. The selection of Murray and Bell when they were out of form. The on/off the bench with Wiltshire, the treatment of Fortune even after good games. The use of media to slag players. These have been unsettling factors for the squad in the dressing room. Dinning is just part of a broader picture, one from which i hope we can recover.

Archived