IGNORED

Some Impressive Displays

madmax

Very impressed with Mickey Bell today, played very well as did Danny Coles. Mickey got in tight marking from the off and Danny tidied up everything that came his way.

Tommy looked comfortable and his usual self in midfield and Joe Keith also played some good tidy balls and didn't give much away. He's playing for a contract which is exactly the same as Dinning so I hope if he is offered one then he stays the same.

Lita looked very sharp up front and made the goal himself. Brooker, in my opinion, tried to hard, but played some good stuff and ran his socks off.

Some easy but never the less, worthy saves from Phillips although his kick is there to be imroved.

Overall, pleased with the performance and attitude of the players and hopefully, hopefully, this can be the push towards the play offs, we wait and see.

MM

Couldnt believe it when that clown of an announcer (whoever he is?) said Brown MotM!

Doherty was sheer class today, winning plenty of tackles, calmness on the ball, excellent passing and no rash challeges. Coles was a close runner up for me.

IMO very poor Brooker performance, same with Heffs but at least he has a lack of match excuse.

ureds

Na, Motm for me was Coles, first to everything, great in the air,looks very good along side Carey who also have a good game, the only dispointment was Murray bottling a couple of tackles, but did set-up Heffernan so I'm not hold it against him biggrin.gif also like to add that Brown/Doherty looks very goal difference, and may it lead up into the playoff's and beyond. w00t.gif

Couldnt believe it when that clown of an announcer (whoever he is?) said Brown MotM!

Doherty was sheer class today, winning plenty of tackles, calmness on the ball, excellent passing and no rash challeges. Coles was a close runner up for me.

IMO very poor Brooker performance, same with Heffs but at least he has a lack of match excuse.

ureds

I thought Brooker didn't do too badly today in the circumstances because when Heffernan came on Brooker in effect had to do the work of two people. Apart from the second goal I thought Heffernan and Murray were our two poor players today. Heffernan's touch was abysmal and he kept giving the ball away. Murray - the less said.

On the other hand, Doherty and Coles had their best games for ages. Brown was busy and likes to make runs in front of the ball (I didn't think midfield players at our club were ALLOWED to do that). Orr showed more quality in 15 or so minutes than he has done all season. Carey was solid. Robbored's mate Flapper made one outstanding save. Bell and Smith did a job. Cotterill showed more class in 10 minutes than Murray has all season. The kid can actually play football and does not have to rely on the opposition full-back having the pace of a tortoise. Lita scored a good goal and Keith has a bit of skill on the ball by the looks of it.

It made a nice change to go to a game and actually enjoy the football being played (after the first 15 minutes kick and rush died down).

I thought Tommy D was superb today. Got the ball down, tackled and tracked back well and fed the strikers well. Scott Brown and his best game for us and hopefully theres more to come. The back four looked solid especially Danny C and Louis C. Brooker worked hard again and Heffs looked rusty. Scott M had his normal game and surley will have his placed swipped away soon.

Funnily enough i thought mickey bell was poo today , hopeless longballs all through the game giving vale possesion back ,set peices were awfull as well , showed me why scott goldbourne is a much better left back. Coles and carey were both good , smith was ok. The midfield was very good , murray was ok did well for heffs goal , tommy was solid but scott brown was simply fantastic. He got everywhere and showed why he has been keeping wilkshire out the team. Keith had some good touches , lacks a bit of pace which is what we really need on that side but was very good on the ball and i would rather have him in the team than bell. Lita's finnish was class and he really has improved as the season has gone on , heffernan was ok , his goal was a tad lucky and he was a bit innefective as was brooker.

Have to say that whilst it was a good result I wasn't overly impressed with our performance. Yes we chased and harried across the midfield but class? I don't think so. Too much hoof ball for me from defence and Phillips, relying on booting it long to Brooker, who's first touch normally sent it straight to the opposition.

Bell and Murray, too slow, not good enough! Cotterill looked much better in the 10 mins he had than Murray did all game. Disappointed with Keith, expected more after his display against Torquay (only time will tell on that one). Thought Brown and Doc were outstanding in midfield but agree that without good wing play it meant we lacked creativity.

But as I said the right result!

No argument from me - about the announcer or MOTM, Scott Brown was excellent today. Keep it going lad.

The joy of football is that we all see a different game - which is why I am against too much video evidence which would spoil the arguements. Maybe the ball crossing the line is one I would welcome but leave the rest for us to argue about.

dance.gifdance.gifdance.gif

thought brown had a great game today

tommy was also very effective, cool, and calm...he even kept his gob shut and avoided a booking !!! devil.gif

thought all the rest played well. Heff did well after a 20min spell catching up with the speed of the game. He did well at torquay but we were already 3-0 up by then so the pressure was off a bit. Good to have a player like him as well as Lita.

thought Murray had a poor game by his standards. I like murray a lot but seemed a bit out of sorts today. Cotterill did well after coming on though.

by the way,THE REF WAS CRAP...AGAIN

when will the officals relise we go to watch the footy....not them.

very funny warm up by the sub linesman though !!

(do we always keep a spare qualified ref at the gate in case of emergencies !!)

devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

Agree, thought thw worst man out there was the ref. Poor for both sides.

Thought bell was poor and Murray not much better. Without the 2 yards of pace and low on confidence, he doesn't do too much for us.

Thought Smith and Coles were good at the back and Brown/Doc worked v.hard.

Thought Lita took goal v.well, but that Brooker was poor. Off pace and offered little in air. Keith tidy.

Cotteril's got some skill hasn't he?

, heffernan was ok , his goal was a tad lucky and he was  a bit innefective as was brooker.

A good striker will get a lot of "lucky" goals because he works hard at being where the ball is going to be; but I agree took him some time to get into the game.

Brown needs to learn to pace himself or work on his stamina, Orr substitution was good because it took some of the running away from Brown.

I thought Coles struggled against Matthews at times.

Archived