IGNORED

Four Four Two Magazine......

BS4 on Tour...

Guest Big Si

Baird was great, in that Chelsea games, they had Ruud Gullit playing as a sweeper, and his passing was awesome. After hitting another 50 yard inch perfect pass, Baird jumped at him about 5 minutes late, and caught him on the the thigh with his studs. Gullit went down, and ashton gate went up!

It was the strangest thing to see, even if we have a reputation of moaning about our own players down here.

Baird, without a shadow of a doubt is the worst player I have seen in a red shirt in the 20 years I have been attending.

Si.

I few of the names i see for worst player surprise me;

Gerard Lavin was a decent full back but, as has been said, was severly let down by his temprement.

Carl Hutchings played well for us on occasions but his performances certianly declined as he approached the end of his City career.

Dinning showed that on his day he is a class player, it is merely fans anger at how his situation has unfolded that cause him to be put foirward as 'worst'.

Best player i have ever seen play (and can remember) would have to be Shaun Goater. Clinical finisher with a footballing brain - outstanding player who prooved on and off with Man City that he could operate at a higher level.

In my early days of watching City i used to like Mark Gavin, whether this was a childish 'favourite player' thing or a indication of quality ill let other 'wiser' (older whistling.gif ) members of the forum inform.

Ivan Testimatanu (sp?) was a legend. Regardless of pitch position a fans cry of "SHOOT!!!" was always answered with a scorching corner flag hitting piledriver.

Worst player is a tough call as it is hard to remember the comings and goings of loan signings, Dwayne Plummer always seemed to get alot of stick when he played for us - cementing his love affair with City fans by signing for that horrible north Bristol bunch.

Guest Georgeformbygrill
Thought he went to Northampton don't know where he went after that sad.gif

Yes,he did go to Northampton after he left us. I remember when we beat them

3-0(Tony Thorpe,hat trick) and Lavin stuck his middle finger up to the city fans. I think he did brake his leg or arm as someone mentioned above.

Archived