IGNORED

Four Four Two Magazine......

BS4 on Tour...

worst tony dinning full stop

tony dinning, having a laugh aren't you? Dinning did actually have 3 or 4 good games for city, as for Millen, he was actually pretty good.

Ian Baird was a total waste of space who never performed over 3 seasons!!!

Bo Anderson

Not sure Ian Baird is actually the worst donkey ever to play for City, but can understand why he gets the vote.

I was I believe at the very last game he played for City. A pre match friendly against Chelsea I seem to remember (cannot see us drawing 1-1 now, even pre season!). The fans were having their usual match entertianment giving Baird a hard time, for some worse than usual ball control and finishing. Baird decided he had had enough, and gave the Ayteo stand a very obvious two finger salute. Actually I quite enjoyed it at the time, but he was quickly subbed, never to play again (I think).

As to whether he is really teh worst player ever to play for us, its quite a competitive award!

• Admin

If I could start a new category, "Worst player to play for City whilst defending the home end" then I would put forward Marvin Harriott.

Marvin was certainly a player of limited ability yet managed to keep his place in the side most weeks. However, he was far worse at Ashton Gate in the halves where he would have the majority of City supporters "behind him".....slagging him off constantly.....than when we defended the "away end".

Nice to see that City's "support" remains consistent through the years whistling.gif

If I could start a new category, "Worst player to play for City whilst defending the home end" then I would put forward Marvin Harriott.

Marvin was certainly a player of limited ability yet managed to keep his place in the side most weeks. However, he was far worse at Ashton Gate in the halves where he would have the majority of City supporters "behind him".....slagging him off constantly.....than when we defended the "away end".

Nice to see that City's "support" remains consistent through the years  whistling.gif

Only City fans could have named him, in one of their more ironic moments 'marvelous Marvin'!

worst tony dinning full stop

Millen is a childish immature remark, he may be useless now as a coach but it was the PLAYERS 442 were talking about and no matter what you say about his coaching ability as a football PLAYER he was nowhere near as bad as a lot of others I could mention

My money = Colin Loss!

• Admin
The same Ian Baird who was so fantastic that, in that infamous game of turning towards us in the Atyeo with middle finger raised, his replacement Dwayne Plummer was given what verged on a standing ovation when he came on! Now that is saying something!  biggrin.gif

That game was great! After he went off we equalised and near enough the whole ground sang "are you watchin Ian Baird?" biggrin.gif

Guest Harry May

Who was that guy who played for us back in the 80s with the double-barrelled name ? Forbes-something ? He was exactly Ronaldo !

And Wesco , you are so right Clemens Zwinjiberg ( or whatever ) - what an inspired loan signing !

But have n't you all forgotten Julien Watts .

Caldicot Red.

• Admin
Who was that guy who played for us back in the 80s with the double-barrelled name ? Forbes-something ? He was exactly Ronaldo !

And Wesco , you are so right Clemens Zwinjiberg ( or whatever ) - what an inspired loan signing !

But have n't you all forgotten Julien Watts .

Caldicot Red.

Almost as bad as Richard Dryden who strangely went on to forge a Premiership career directly following his leaving Ashton Gate blink.gif

Best has to be Brian Tinnion, take away his manager role as that isn't playing! wacko.gif but as a player i thought he was one of the best passers outside the premiership.

Worst for me was Gerard Lavin, signed from millwall i recall. Was a right back and barely kicked a ball for us and got sent off in his debut for something stupid. I think it was for getting a bit too involved with the crowd! Brought that millwall feeling to City! laugh.gif

Lavin was a decent full back.His problem was his temperment and the incident at Reading when he booted the ball into the crowd in temper after a decision had gone against him finished him at City.Don't know what happened to him after he left AG.

Pulis, manager at the time publically slated Lavin and overall handled the situation very poorly.He lost any semblance of credibility after that and soon moved on.

Lavin was a decent full back.His problem was his temperment and the incident at Reading when he booted the ball into the crowd in temper after a decision had gone against him finished him at City.Don't know what happened to him after he left AG.

Pulis, manager at the time publically slated Lavin and overall handled the situation very poorly.He lost any semblance of credibility after that and soon moved on.

Cheers for the info mate. I couldn't point out that incident!

Thought he went to Northampton don't know where he went after that sad.gif

I can't believe you would have Forbes Phillipson Masters as one of your worst!!!!!

Your right, if you meant "he wasn't exactly Ronaldo", he wasn't, but he was a brick shithouse of a man that won eveything in the air and a big part of our '84 promotion.

4 4 2 has it right with the best, as for the worst, there's just far too many to chose from but Phillipson Masters should not be in that category.

Archived