IGNORED

Reasons To Be Cheerful (part 1).....

Redtrojan

Despite an underwhelming season so far and so much criticism from the usual suspects, who unfortunately seem far happier when we lose than win and will be dissappointed if we do sneak into the playoffs.I offer up some reasons to be cheerful, I think we have turned a corner.

-Tinman has decided to manage not play.

-The side yesterday showed they wanted the points,some of the kids who were just prospects before this season are now showing their quality and pushing for regular starts.

-It still is a big ask to reach the playoffs and we may just fail. But if we do sneak in then i would back us to win them as "the form team".

If we go up or just miss, I am confident that the foundation of a good standard championship side is starting to be revealed. Cotteril, Brown and Skuse will certainly figure largely next year. Doherty - if he stays - looked more like his old self and that can only be good for the team. Coles played well and Carey has been a revelation and shows how much we missed him since his return.

In the forwards we have quality in abundance - if Lita stays - well need i say more, Brooker is a good foil for the smaller forwards, Heffernan and Gillespie will surely get better. Lee Miller will either return a more confident player or we will recoup a good amount of the money spent on him that will enable futher squad strengthening in the close season.

In my opinion, we need a quality centre half so Carey can revert to right back. We need two left sided players; a left back and a left winger, Keith is fine but has no real pace which will be needed at the next level. Obviously Bell is at the wrong end of his career and will need replacing. With those players in place and with the current squad a year older i have a strange feeling of optimism for next season. Whichever league we may find ourselves in.

Crikey Robbored you usually knock my content-but having a go at my grammar as well.

Re-reading it though ,it's a fair cop-typed it quickly-thats my excuse.

Fortunately i really am quite cheerful at the moment though.If you can be bothered to plough through it you'll see why-but probably not agree!!!!!

shame you guys can't make the effort because it is one of the better posts of recent times. Highlighting some positives and also providing comment on where we are lacking. The gist though is Tins is moving us in the right direction, we havea youthful and talented squad an if we do make it this season are equipped for next if we don't then League One watch out!!

Crikey Robbored you usually knock my content-but having a go at my grammar as well.

Re-reading it though ,it's a fair cop-typed it quickly-thats my excuse.

Fortunately i really am quite cheerful at the moment though.If you can be bothered to plough through it you'll see why-but probably not agree!!!!!

I can't knock the content because I didn't read it and I didn't read it because it is just one block of text.Too much like hard work.

If you want others to read what you've got to say then you need to make your points easily readable.

Archived