IGNORED

Goodbye Aussie Lightweight

Cardy

Wilkshire will be gone in the summer, if he can find a club that wants him. We now have Murray, Doherty, Brown, Keith, Cotterill and Orr all ahead of him. Doesnt say much for his international chances if he cant even get in our team. His problem is he is not fast or skillful enough to be a right winger, not left footed enough to be a left winger, and not hard enough to be a central midfielder. His best position would seem to be in the hole behind the front two, but that is a luxury we cant afford.

Goodbye Luke, thanks for the memories.

I hope you are both wrong because he is one of the most talented players at this football club can you think back and remember at the start of the season when he was given a chance of that lob he scored and some other goals he has scored this season i hope we see luke wilkshire in a city shirt again very soon.

A for orr being ahead of him I'm not to sure i think yeh Tinnion brought orr on saturday but what you got to think is Wilkshire just had a long trip back from international duty.

I hope you are both wrong because he is one of the most talented players at this football club can you think back and remember at the start of the season when he was given a chance of that lob he scored and some other goals he has scored this season i hope we see luke wilkshire in a city shirt again very soon.

A for orr being ahead of him I'm not to sure i think yeh Tinnion brought orr on saturday but what you got to think is Wilkshire just had a long trip back from international duty.

Yes but hes lost the form he had before Christmas. Probably because he has been moved from central midfield to the left. Now Keith is here and he is a wide man I cant see Wilkshire getting back in as Tinnion prefers Brown to Wilkshire. Shame I know but just a fact of life I guess. city.gif

Maybe I should have said we should consider selling some of our high earners who are not in form ie Wilkshire as it looks like their chances of playing first tram football are limited. However I cannot see where he would go. I'm sure he is unhappy that hes not playing I guess its up to him to show his manager that he is worthy of a starting line up. However his chances do seem to be slim sad.gif

dunno.gif  what are you lot on?

He is one of the best players at the club, I for one hope he won't leave.

city.gif

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this guy is a player that deserves more than on the bench,he would do 10 times better than murray does on the right wing and is a good reaplacment if needed in centre midfield. city.gif

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this guy is a player that deserves more than on the bench,he would do 10 times better than murray does on the right wing and is a good reaplacment if needed in centre midfield. city.gif

I would drop "Mr Glass Murray" for Wilkshire on the right in a heartbeat...

"where's our Murray gone?" dunno.gif

Nor doubting that Tom but form shows why hes on the bench. He will be needed and IS a good player. Maybe next season will bring him greater fortune smile.gif

Still think he will have a important role to play this season especially if city do get into the play-offs.Because he is one of them players that can create something out of nothing,Would love to see him in midfield with Tommy and scott brown.

Still think he will have a important role to play this season especially if city do get into the play-offs.Because he is one of them players that can create something out of nothing,Would love to see him in midfield with Tommy and scott brown.

for 3-5-2 maybe but cant see Tinns changing formation now as 4-42 suits us better. Especially now we have the option of Keith on the left and Murray/Cotterrill on the right. We play better with wingers city.gif

Guest Kustard
Wilkshire will be gone in the summer, if he can find a club that wants him. We now have Murray, Doherty, Brown, Keith, Cotterill and Orr all ahead of him. Doesnt say much for his international chances if he cant even get in our team. His problem is he is not fast or skillful enough to be a right winger, not left footed enough to be a left winger, and not hard enough to be a central midfielder. His best position would seem to be in the hole behind the front two, but that is a luxury we cant afford.

Goodbye Luke, thanks for the memories.

"It doesn't say much if he can't get in our team"...why do you think that is...couldn't be because he is a Danny Wilson signing? As much as I support Tinnion, he does NOT like Wilson's signings. Wilkshire is a star player, he is far too classy for our team and should be playing at a higher level.

He is our top scoring midfielder and should be playing every match. He is probably not very happy at the moment, can't blame him. Put him in the team and he will regularly score goals, he can blast the ball from 30 yards or so....given the chance he could really prove himself to be even more valuable than Lita.

"It doesn't say much if he can't get in our team"...why do you think that is...couldn't be because he is a Danny Wilson signing?  As much as I support Tinnion, he does NOT like Wilson's signings.  Wilkshire is a star player, he is far too classy for our team and should be playing at a higher level.

He is our top scoring midfielder and should be playing every match. He is probably not very happy at the moment, can't blame him.  Put him in the team and he will regularly score goals, he can blast the ball from 30 yards or so....given the chance he could really prove himself to be even more valuable than Lita.

So why is Murray playing then? He was a Wilson signing.You can't tell me Tinnion doesn't like Murray Kustard biggrin.gif

"It doesn't say much if he can't get in our team"...why do you think that is...couldn't be because he is a Danny Wilson signing?  As much as I support Tinnion, he does NOT like Wilson's signings.  Wilkshire is a star player, he is far too classy for our team and should be playing at a higher level.

Sounds all too familar to me. sad.gif

We need to be playing players like this. To me Wilkshire is more creative and exciting than Brooker could ever dream of. Yes they are luxuries in this division, but if we are really serious about going up and staying up we need players with these qualities.

Guest Kustard
So why is Murray playing then? He was a Wilson signing.You can't tell me Tinnion doesn't like Murray Kustard biggrin.gif

I think you'll find that Murray was a John Ward signing.

Wilkshire is one of the technically best players at the club, his only problem is that as he said at the start of this season, he is not suited to this level of football.

If and when we get promoted he is one of the few players at the club who will shine at a higher level, at the moment for our midfield it is Tommy and one of either Scott Brown or Wilkshire, depending on form and who were are playing. If it is a hard battling team like Colchester, Port Vale or Chesterfield then Brown is the player you want, if it is team that actually plays football i.e Sheff Wed and Tranmere, and you need someone capable of creating a quality ball but without the rough stuff then Luke is the man.

Wilkshire over the last couple of season's has more assits than anyone else at the club, a player of his quality must be kept at the club.

It's all very well for someone like Cardy to say lets flog him, but if Brown or Tommy lose form who are you going to play? Dinning? Tinnion? Skuse? they are all either unproven, lazy or should be staying on the sidelines to manage.

We have squad we need to keep it that way, Brown has only started 5/6 games in a row in his career at his age his form will be up and down, we need Luke here for to take his place when he dips, unless someone like Harley or Skuse push on seriosly next season, Wilkshire must stay.

Guest Kustard
So he didn't go to Reading then Kustard? Oh what a short memory we have biggrin.gif

John Ward signed him.

Getting technical....Danny Wilson RE-signed him.

He was still initally a Ward signing.

John Ward signed him.

Getting technical....Danny Wilson RE-signed him. 

He was still initally a Ward signing.

What about Scott Brown he was a Wilson trialist was too small for Wilson went To vale on trial was too expensive for Vale so came back to city for a season for Tinnion confused??? biggrin.gifcity.gif

Guest Kustard
Sorry had to catch you out there Kustard! laugh.gif

Thats okay smile.gif

I just think that deep down Tins does have a problem with Wilson signings, ie Goodfellow, Miller, Butler, Roberts, Wilkshire, Gillespie, etc etc. I understand that he wants to get his own team together, just shouldn't be at the expense of great players.

Wilkshire is one of the technically best players at the club, his only problem is that as he said at the start of this season, he is not suited to this level of football.

If and when we get promoted he is one of the few players at the club who will shine at a higher level, at the moment for our midfield it is Tommy and one of either Scott Brown or Wilkshire, depending on form and who were are playing.  If it is a hard battling team like Colchester, Port Vale or Chesterfield then Brown is the player you want, if it is team that actually plays football i.e Sheff Wed and Tranmere, and you need someone capable of creating a quality ball but without the rough stuff then Luke is the man. 

Totally agree that Luke would probably be more suited to playing in the championship. Players have more time on the ball at that level and its not such a physical game. He is a very talented player but don't think he is suited to playing on either flank! The same could possibley be said about Miller- hasn't adapted to the physical nature of the games in this division and is showing what he can do at a higher level- if only we had 2 decent wingers!

Wilkshire is a superb talent and I still really believe he will be given the chance to shine in our squad. I really hope so. He is a central midfielder. Give him a good run in that position and he will shine. The fact that Doc and Brown are competition is a good thing but doesn't rule Wilkshire out of the running. He has a great attitude, great fitness and a great talent.

IF he was to leave this club I am positive he would go on to bigger and better things and we would kick ourselves.

Archived