IGNORED

Goodbye Aussie Lightweight

Cardy

Sounds all too familar to me. sad.gif

We need to be playing players like this. To me Wilkshire is more creative and exciting than Brooker could ever dream of. Yes they are luxuries in this division, but if we are really serious about going up and staying up we need players with these qualities.

Wilkshire isn't a Centre Forward that can hold the ball up and win headers so why the comparison with Brooker? You may as well compare him with Phillips.

Wilkshire is one of the most talented players we have had at AG for a while. Whilst he is not picked when it is not the right tactical decision or when he has just returned from international duty, it would be madness fo City to let him go. He is one of the few players we have that has the abilility to play at Championship level (IF we get there)

I think it's a sad day when City fans are actually happy to say that we can't afford to have playmakers and footballers in the side. sad.gif

I really don't want to just watch 11 100%ers running up and down the pitch. We have the worst home record for seasons because we can't break down defences, and yet all the players with a bit of imagination and flair are constantly ignored or misused. Ian Atkins would love the philosophy that pervades here currently! mad.gif

BTW. I saw a stats website just before xmas that showed that Luke was our top player for completed tackles. Perhaps his critics need to remove their blinkers. dunno.gif

Wilkshire is one of the technically best players at the club, his only problem is that as he said at the start of this season, he is not suited to this level of football.

If and when we get promoted he is one of the few players at the club who will shine at a higher level, at the moment for our midfield it is Tommy and one of either Scott Brown or Wilkshire, depending on form and who were are playing.  If it is a hard battling team like Colchester, Port Vale or Chesterfield then Brown is the player you want, if it is team that actually plays football i.e Sheff Wed and Tranmere, and you need someone capable of creating a quality ball but without the rough stuff then Luke is the man. 

Wilkshire over the last couple of season's has more assits than anyone else at the club, a player of his quality must be kept at the club.

It's all very well for someone like Cardy to say lets flog him, but if Brown or Tommy lose form who are you going to play?  Dinning? Tinnion? Skuse?  they are all either unproven, lazy or should be staying on the sidelines to manage.

We have squad we need to keep it that way, Brown has only started 5/6 games in a row in his career at his age his form will be up and down, we need Luke here for to take his place when he dips,  unless someone like Harley or Skuse push on seriosly next season, Wilkshire must stay.

Agree entirley - it will be a travesty of Lee MIller proportions if he is allowed to leave/forced out of this club.

For god's sake are we turning into the gas? Just happy to see 11 crpa players flog their guts out to try and get aa result. At some point you need a bit of class to get you a goal to win you a game (tranmere away?) and this guy has it in abundnace.

I also think people are a little harsh on the physical side of his game which i don't think is that bad - if we want to start on that subject I counted 5 tackles Murray pulled out of in 5 minutes at the start of the second half.

What we have desparately needed to get away from this year is the dull and lifelss centre midfield that Wilson insisted on playing constantly. the Doc and any combo of Orr/Dinning/Brown is a defensive miodfield devois of any creativity at all. Two goals and I suspect not many assists pay testament to that.

Luke however in addition to the assist also scores a goal every three game and has four times as many goals as our central midifld 'dream teams' and more goals than the rest of our midifeld put together. That to me is not a luxury and actually amount to a pretty vital contribution.

I hope he gets another chance and stays exactly where she is

Agree entirley - it will be a travesty of Lee MIller proportions if he is allowed to leave/forced out of this club.

For god's sake are we turning into the gas? Just happy to see 11 crpa players flog their guts out to try and get aa result. At some point you need a bit of class to get you a goal to win you a game (tranmere away?) and this guy has it in abundnace.

I also think people are a little harsh on the physical side of his game which i don't think is that bad - if we want to start on that subject I counted 5 tackles Murray pulled out of in 5 minutes at the start of the second half.

What we have desparately needed to get away from this year is the dull and lifelss centre midfield that Wilson insisted on playing constantly. the Doc and any combo of Orr/Dinning/Brown is a defensive miodfield devois of any creativity at all. Two goals and I suspect not many assists pay testament to that.

Luke however in addition to the assist also scores a goal every three game and has four times as many goals as our central midifld 'dream teams' and more goals than the rest of our midifeld put together. That to me is not a luxury and actually amount to a pretty vital contribution.

I hope he gets another chance and stays exactly where she is

I have to disagree with you on a point Jimmy.I don,t see Scott Brown as a defensive midfielder.Granted he hasn,t scored yet,but it isn,t for want of trying is it?The fact that he throws in tackles with the best of them is just another string to his bow imo.He is always looking to play the ball,and recieve it in forward positions,Doherty giving him license to do so.I think once he breaks his duck there will be no stopping him.

I have to disagree with you on a point Jimmy.I don,t see Scott Brown as a defensive midfielder.Granted he hasn,t scored yet,but it isn,t for want of trying is it?The fact that he throws in tackles with the best of them is just another string to his bow imo.He is always looking to play the ball,and recieve it in forward positions,Doherty giving him license to do so.I think once he breaks his duck there will be no stopping him.

That maybe the case and if so i hope you're right but to be honest i've seen no real evidence of it so far when he's been in the middle. When he gets shifted out wide like he did for the last 10 mins on Sat he looks a little more threatning but i've not seen him running from central midfield and getting in front of the forwards - which ironically Orr did when he came on - nor scraping around the penalty spot for a pull back or looking to feed on the scraps and get a goal.

He's looked every inch a holding midfielder to me so far but ultimately he's finding his feet so with time it may come.

Archived