IGNORED

Kit?

Red_Duncs

I have a feeling Leeds had a yellow kit when they were in the old 2nd Div for a while.

Bounemouth changed their kit a few times in the 70/80s but I think they all had cherry red in them somwhere.

Yeovil used to play in solid green I don't know when they started to where Celtic colours.

Famously Inter Milan played in pink! :D until there owner saw Nott's County play!

i know its not city but does anyone have known for a club to ever change its kit colour i.e if ciyt were to change there kit colour from red to green ? i know u can change away but has it ever happened ?
Leyton Orient used to be blue & white (now all red), Leeds used to be blue and gold . In the 60's I remember Stoke were on about a compleat change to either green or Wedgewood (Potteries connection) Blue, but the fans rebelled.

Bradford PA have been lots of colours, even Brad City's claret & amber!

Leeds Utd colours were yellow and blue but in the 1960s when they appointed Don Revie was made manager he changed the stripe to all white because he felt that the players looked bigger in white, he done this after watching Real Madrid.

Juventus plays in the black and white stripes due to the fact that they came on a football tour of England and forgot their kit so Notts County lent them their kit so from there on they played in black and white stripes.

Just as Leeds changed to all white to imitate Real Madrid in the 60s, so many teams that had white shorts but coloured shirts, changed their shorts to match the shirt colour. City wore all red, gas, Cardiff, Posh all blue etc. Milllwall have played in blue and in white. Luton have had white shirts & black shorts, orange shirts & blue shorts. Palace dumped their stripes and played in white with 2 vertical bands, one red, one blue.

Question for you older forum users. I have a large collection of rosettes from the 50s at home. One is Rotherham, but is black & white. Another is Brentford and is blue & yellow. Any ideas why please?

Just as Leeds changed to all white to imitate Real Madrid in the 60s, so many teams that had white shorts but coloured shirts, changed their shorts to match the shirt colour.  City wore all red, gas, Cardiff, Posh all blue etc.  Milllwall have played in blue and in white.  Luton have had white shirts & black shorts, orange shirts & blue shorts.  Palace dumped their stripes and played in white with 2 vertical bands, one red, one blue.

Question for you older forum users.  I have a large collection of rosettes from the 50s at home.  One is Rotherham, but is black & white.  Another is Brentford and is blue & yellow.  Any ideas why please?

Bob Stokoe, who managed Sunderland to FA Cup glory in 1973, was manager of Tranmere at the same time that Revie took charge of Leeds in the early '60's.

BS went on record to say that Revie nicked the all-white idea off Tranmere, as they had changed their kit a short time before Leeds.

An interesting story from the 70's, is that when Terry Cooper was manager of Rovers, he wanted their then away kit, featuring black and green quarters, to be the home strip.

Does anyone remember this?

Finally, does anyone remember City's kit from the 3rd Division relegation season of 1982-83 It was made by Coffer and had a red shirt, with black trim and BLACK SHORTS AND SOCKS.

Archived