IGNORED

Open Discussion

BCFC Taunton

What is it that were are doing wrong? Are we really that poor that we cant pick up points against so called lesser teams?

Anyway somethings i think were poor at:

I think we don't look hungry anymore (with expections) using bournemouth as an example they wanted to win last night alot more than we did. Also crossing and dead ball situations is another one of are weaknesses we don't seem to get very many good deliveries.

How many goals have we scored this season from headers? (I'm sure one of you statisticians can tell me!)

I think one of are major down falls is inconsistance!

Also does anyone know what are longest winning run is this season?

I think one of are major down falls is inconsistance!

Also does anyone know what are longest winning run is this season?

If you mean inconsistency then you are quite right. Last night's defeat was so bloody predictable, it was flipping inevitable that we'd follow a decent win with a pathetic spineless defeat.

Bring back the psychologist!!

I've kept away from here of late, but the chance to moan overwhelmed me!!!

(that was a joke)

No, sadly the inconsistency returned again as you say.

I missed Saturday because of work, but by all accounts we weren't sparkling then either.

My point about our performances is (and has been) we lack a 'plan' - What style of football do we actually play? there was a lot of long/direct channel balls being lumped up last night, yet when we started the second half there was some really neat ball on the floor passing.(which soon fell apart!)

Once again, after the first 45 minutes, Bournemouth seemed to change their shape and once again Tinnion failed to deal with it. prior to the first goal the warning signs were very clear as they kept picking up the ball and cutting through our MF as if there was no-one there. Now if the crowd can see a goal coming, then surely to god our beloved manager must see it? it seems not though and the bloke had time to eat his tea, tie his laces and pose for photo's before slotting it in.

The sad fact is we weren't good enough, and haven't really been for some time.

Bournemouth really zipped through us, their winger/s causing a lot of problems which contrasted nicely with Keith and Murray, who did errr...not a lot.

we didn't have pace, Brooker had a stinker (but was marked out of the game) Lita looked off the pace for once, and of the rest? no-one shone out.

We seemed to have turned into a very average outfit and on the basis of last night simply don't deserve the play offs.

I like the idea that Tinnion promotes our attack on the basis of pace

(yes, leroy DOES have pace) but last night was a lesson in how to counter attack. They looked lively and up for it.

Finally, before the 'it's just one bad result' brigade pipe up, the real fact is that yet again it's one of many bad performances this season, that have summed up BT & KM as inexperienced and ineffective manager & coach. interspersed with intermittant wins that have helped lift the gloom a little.

I simply don't get what people see in having BT as manager.This season has been such a huge let down and for the first time in 20 years, I just don't have the enthusiasm for it.

sad that.

ph34r.gif

Guest Champagne Football

I think our major downfall this season is happening for two reasons:

1. The team - It is barely recognisable from last year, there have been way too many changes. Roughly around 5 players are out on loan even now during this so called 'crucial' time of the season. We have moved on all the flarey type of players such as Rougier, Goodfellow, Brown, Roberts and Wilkshire no longer seems to figure. We have replaced these with inadequate mediocre division one players. The squad has simply changed too much, last year our squad could have gone on and challenged for promotion in this league. I think people don't appreciate that we no longer do have one of the best squads in the division. Mentality amongst the supporters hasn't changed but the ability on the pitch certainly has and in my view it has gone down. Tinnion has in effect got rid of what was quite a successful team and built his own top 10 if we are lucky supposed battlers. It has changed too much and it is now too late to do anything about it. Unfortuantly there are no remedies for this except we are somehow going to have to build a championship winning team from these new bunch of players, with their inconsistancy I think it will be very hard to do this.

2. Wingers - simple, we don't seem to have any. Any successful team in this division needs pacy wingers who can beat their man and cause threats by shooting and crossing. We haven't got a single winger who does that and therefore all our play is channelled through the middle of the pitch sometimes on the ground, but mostly high up in the air. We need two wingers now and we can't rely on 17/18 year olds to do this for us because they will get nakard after 40 mins playing every game of the season. We need two decent left and right wing players before we can start breaking into the play offs.

But finally I think it is the management for causing the two issues I have raised.

What is it that were are doing wrong? Are we really that poor that we cant pick up points against so called lesser teams?

who says they are lesser teams?.thats the problem we think we are better than everyone eles.we think we are a bigger club but its the results on the pitch that count

Guest ashtonyate
who says they are lesser teams?.thats the problem we think we are better than everyone eles.we think we are a bigger club but its the results on the pitch that count

The most of the players are just not good enough

end of story

Archived