IGNORED

"i'll Be Here For The Next 5-6 Years"

headhunter

Talking to Parky he tells of his belief that he would be in charge for the "next 5 or 6 years".He goes on to say "I feel stronger and more confident as a person and a manager..... I've learnt a lot.... I feel more in control... it has been a steep learning curve...I have made mistskes although they have been honest ones.Although I went into this season aiming to take us up it was a big expectation" and the article goes on and on saying full story in tonight's Green'Un.

What do you think ? 5-6 more months in my view if things don't improve.

I couldn't believe last night's comments from Millen about lack of resources. We seem to be getting so many soundbites buttering us up to finally accept this season as a write off that you would think Alistair Campbell was their Press Officer.

I've supported this club since 67 but my patience has been stretched this campaign more so than in the dark days of 81/82.

I think the squad is as good as any in this Division but we are devoid of a clear cut tactical plan and too many players are in a comfort zone.

Bournemouth's superiority in the 2nd half on Tuesday was an embarrasment- what resources do they have ?

Tinnion talks about taking tough decisions - well how about dropping Bell and his underperforming Best Man Scott Murray.

I'll be there at Griffin Park today and at the County Ground on Tuesday and despite my pessimism, as Keegan once said, "I'll really love it if we beat them" !!! - cos if we do there is still a chance we could make it

Talking to Parky he tells of his belief that he would be in charge for the "next 5 or 6 years".He goes on to say "I feel stronger and more confident as a person and a manager..... I've learnt a lot.... I feel more in control... it has been a steep learning curve...I have made mistskes although they have been honest ones.Although I went into this season aiming to take us up it was a big expectation" and the article goes on and on saying full story in tonight's Green'Un.

I couldn't believe last night's comments from Millen about lack of resources. We seem to be getting so many soundbites buttering us up to finally accept this season as a write off that you would think Alistair Campbell was their Press Officer.

I've supported this club since 67 but my patience has been stretched this campaign more so than in the dark days of 81/82.

I think the squad is as good as any in this Division but we are devoid of a clear cut tactical plan and too many players are in a comfort zone.

Bournemouth's superiority in the 2nd half on Tuesday was an embarrasment- what resources do they have ?

Tinnion talks about taking tough decisions - well how about dropping Bell and his underperforming Best Man Scott Murray.

I'll be there at Griffin Park today and at the County Ground on Tuesday and despite my pessimism, as Keegan once said, "I'll really love it if we beat them" !!! - cos if we do there is still a chance we could make it

Maybe he's angling for a job inside the robin costume.

I hope Tins is around for the next 5/6 years, in fact indefinitely because it will mean he has succeeded.

We have gone backwards from what was a solid foundation laid by Danny after the dark days of the Pulis era, however what's done is done, and I think Tins should be given at least another year. He must have learnt a lot this season and I recall the story of the wealthy businessman who, when asked why he didn't fire an employee following a mistake which cost his company 50,000 dollars, replied "I just spent 50,000 dollars educating that guy - why would I fire him?".

It's been a shaky start by Tins, but it is his first season, and he may yet take us up.

Maybe he's angling for a job inside the robin costume.

Will there still be a Robin Costume? From the look of the 'badge' we'll have to have him dressed as a boat with a tuft of broccoli on his head. Having that bob up and down the touchline should get the fans and players going.....

Come on you Boats! Sorry...Castles.... Er.....Come on you Brocolli! dance.gif

It's half time at Brentford.

We're 1-0 down.

That means that since Luton we've conceeded 8 goals and scored none against clubs in the top 7 of the table.

You looks to the bench for someone who can change things.

Wilkshire can't even make the squad in front of Bell and the underperforming Keith and the website is suspiciously quiet on the subject.

So, of his last two signings, one is on loan to PV and one is on the bench

The fans, in the main, have lost faith.

The Board won't back him with £20k to sign Ireland, or anyone else, so that shows their faith.

Brentford is a ground to which we usually take cicra 2,000 fans and it was made pay on the day today.The same looks like applying at Swindon.

If this clown is here in 5/6 years I'll get my Johnson out in Tescos crying.gif

Unless the Board have a change of wallet, they'll probably keep him and trim the squad further.

The bit that doesn't fit is this new stand which is likely to be the biggest White Elephant in the clubs history with empty debenture seats and empty executive boxes.

Still, we can all buy a brick doh.gif

I hope Tins is around for the next 5/6 years, in fact indefinitely because it will mean he has succeeded.

We have gone backwards from what was a solid foundation laid by Danny after the dark days of the Pulis era, however what's done is done, and I think Tins should be given at least another year. He must have learnt a lot this season and I recall the story of the wealthy businessman who, when asked why he didn't fire an employee following a mistake which cost his company 50,000 dollars, replied "I just spent 50,000 dollars educating that guy - why would I fire him?".

It's been a shaky start by Tins, but it is his first season, and he may yet take us up.

But how many pf the players are still going to be here next season, Lita, Wiltshire, Coles, Tommy, from being so close last season, it looking like it could be a major rebuild, great!

Quite honestly, what did you expect him to say ? He's got to sound positive, there is simply no other option.

I think its been a big mistake to appoint him, but I think some of you should stop picking on every little thing Tinnion/Gould/Lansdown says. There is enough to criticise on the pitch.

Quite honestly, what did you expect him to say ?  He's got to sound positive, there is simply no other option.

I think its been a big mistake to appoint him, but I think some of you should stop picking on every little thing Tinnion/Gould/Lansdown says.  There is enough to criticise on the pitch.

If he had a brain he would keep his mouth shut and try and let his team do the talking.But his crude and obvious attempts to justify his total lack of ability as a Manager severely affect his standing at the club and any belief that I had in him.

Guest Pointy

i cant honestly understand who at the start of the season thought appointing tinnion was a good idea. i was definatly on the side of danny wilson staying no matter how bad we thought things were then when we came so close its a million times better than now. its been said already many times that tinnion has probably taken us back 4 years if not more... but what did we expect?? he has no experience! i just don't think it was ever a good idea and has gone horribly horribly wrong and I'm pretty gutted with this season and am looking forward to the summer drama!

a reoccuring theme with supporting bristol city is nothing is EVER simple and straight forward..................

dunno.gif

doh.gif

Have to admit that these were particularly ill advised comments - no manager can honestly believe they will be at a club for 5 or more years, even when they are winning. I would understand if he'd said I "hope" to be at city for 5 or 6 years but to come out with "believe" is unbelievable in my view! If Wilson had said that we would have accused him of arrogance, if Mourhino said it, it might be more believable but still arrogant! And no one is that safe in their management role surely, even Sir Alex has been brought back down to earth on that one.

Why on earth would he believe he will be at City in 5-6 years time. Because he has learnt so much, and his mistakes have been honest ones? Beggars belief, sorry but I read the full EP article and think he has lost the plot big time, couldn't believe what I was reading. And I thought that before today's performance and result.

Archived