IGNORED

Senior Coach Clearance.

screech

Most of the problems this season fall on his shoulders obviously as he picks the side, but the underlying problems at the club are surely to do with the lack of decent coaching at senior level.

You can't fault the coaching at Youth level, they are certainly doing their job properly, we have seen a wealth of young talent coming through over the past 7 years, but as soon as they get to their 3rd season in the side these players stop developing.

And that must be addressed soon, why are we still persisting with ex players who haven't played much above this league. Tins should never have been allowed to appoint Millen, Taylor should have been shown the door when he wanted the Exeter job, Stowell wasn't even a good keeper for us, Walshy is just another part of the cosy club set up.

Millen, Taylor, Walsh and Stowell all need to exit the club this season and replaced with outsiders who have had no connections with the club and who can bring in fresh ideas, if the current players look around the coaching staff and all they see is ex colleagues, is it no wonder they haven't got the necessary fight in them.

You can't put any blame at the door of Pete Amos, Fawthrop and John Clayton as they have all done wonders getting the likes of Fortune, Doherty, A Brown, Hill, Goldbourne, Cotterill etc to the standard of the first team, it's when they get there they are let down by inadequate coaching at senior level.

The club has gone very stale and tooooooooo cosy.

Also posted on the best forum in cyberspace SUBSITE

I was thinking about the coaching/training set up as well.

Wilkshire spent a while with his international squad and came back an improved player. Amankwaah went to Yeovil and found the training to be much harder there.

Could one of the reasons for City's continual failure be due to poor coaching techniques and training methods? dunno.gif

Scouting as well as coaching is also a big problem at this club. The last great scouting discovery and signing made by this club was that of Andy Cole 14 years ago. Even that became a balls up with BCFC failing to keep Cole at the club and only selling him on for £1.75 million.

Most of the problems this season fall on his shoulders obviously as he picks the side, but the underlying problems at the club are surely to do with the lack of decent coaching at senior level.

You can't fault the coaching at Youth level, they are certainly doing their job properly, we have seen a wealth of young talent coming through over the past 7 years, but as soon as they get to their 3rd season in the side these players stop developing.

And that must be addressed soon, why are we still persisting with ex players who haven't played much above this league. Tins should never have been allowed to appoint Millen, Taylor should have been shown the door when he wanted the Exeter job, Stowell wasn't even a good keeper for us, Walshy is just another part of the cosy club set up.

Millen, Taylor, Walsh and Stowell all need to exit the club this season and replaced with outsiders who have had no connections with the club and who can bring in fresh ideas, if the current players look around the coaching staff and all they see is ex colleagues, is it no wonder they haven't got the necessary fight in them.

You can't put any blame at the door of Pete Amos, Fawthrop and John Clayton as they have all done wonders getting the likes of Fortune, Doherty, A Brown, Hill, Goldbourne, Cotterill etc to the standard of the first team, it's when they get there they are let down by inadequate coaching at senior level.

The club has gone very stale and tooooooooo cosy.

Also posted on the best forum in cyberspace SUBSITE

I totally agree with that its unreal. I'm in the forces. when somebody gets promoted ie. millen tinnion in a way. they must move to another place. because the lads they work with don't see them as senior! good post!

Without really knowing who does what at training and how hard these guys work I don't think we can really comment on how effective they are. It isn't like football manager where they all have stats for each training area so unless you attend training every day I would question how you can pick out indiviuals.

I would say our training as a whole is very poor, becuase of the results that have been delivered. I have no idea whose fault this is.

Scouting as well as coaching is also a big problem at this club. The last great scouting discovery and signing made by this club was that of Andy Cole 14 years ago. Even that became a balls up with BCFC failing to keep Cole at the club and only selling him on for £1.75 million.

Jock Rae was the best coach City have had. The times he watched local football, no matter what age group, the man new what talent was! Saying that i like watching amateur football, it's nice seeing the game unspoilt. But i noticed a player playing in Devon and phoned Tony fawthrop at the gate, he phoned this player but at the same time was being offered a trial with Peter Reid at Sunderland. What i am saying is were all scouts, if you think a player is good enough, phone the club! Never know you might find good local talent for the the club. if they make any money on him they might be able to afford to OPEN THE EAST! :)

Isn't it part of GJ's remit to look at the club as a whole with the view to restructuring it? At the moment he has his hands full with the playing (or is that trying to play?) side of things. I'm sure he has seen the faults in not only the coaching side but also in the scouting department and will sort those things out as he's is able.

Archived