IGNORED

Facts Of Life

I rarely post on this forum, but I do think its time City fans faced up to some facts of life.

1. We have paid the price for our failure last season. Defeat in Cardiff in May clearly put us back years. There was no way we could simply start again this season, as influential players left and money was not there.

2. Tinnion was not the cheap option; he was virtually the only option. Given the resources he has had, and the problems he has had to confront, he has done a reasonable job. Not a marvellous one, but for a new manager in his first season he has done as well as we could have expected.

3. If we finish in 7th or 8th position this season, it will be an achievement. Wilson had us at 9th and 7th in his first two seasons, with significantly better resources.

4. There is no financial bottomless pit any more. We are a small club trying to improve on limited resources. The notion of us as 'the Chelsea of League One' was always ludicrous.

Fans should now get behind Tinnion and encourage him as he builds for next season. He won't be sacked - why should he be? - and the constant sniping is doing no one any good. We are in a similar position to the one we found ourself in in the late eighties, and need to show the same optimism we had then. In the end, Tinnion will do a good job for us, but he is going to be here for a while and the fans should get used to it and get behind him.

Danny Wilson, improved the squad, the attitude and the standard of football during those first two seasons. The fact that he lost his way towards the end should not mask that.

Tinnion has taken the foundation of a potential promotion winning side and ripped the heart out of it. He has then set about removing anyone who purports to play football, to be replaced by people who run around a lot to no end.

After a pre season and 40 games he is no wiser as to his best side, formation or how to manage individuals into a team.

THOSE are the FACTS.

but when i say there is always next seasson, well there is cause tinion has no experience of being manager so he's learnt from his mistakes this seasson,

i think we have a good chance of getting promoted next seasson, and anyways we could still make the playoffs wink.gif

I rarely post on this forum, but I do think its time City fans faced up to some facts of life.

1.  We have paid the price for our failure last season.  Defeat in Cardiff in May clearly put us back years.  There was no way we could simply start again this season, as influential players left and money was not there.

Which players were these?

2.  Tinnion was not the cheap option; he was virtually the only option.  Given the resources he has had, and the problems he has had to confront, he has done a reasonable job.  Not a marvellous one, but for a new manager in his first season he has done as well as we could have expected.

Only option = cheap option - Had nearly £500 to spend (Heff & Brooker)

3.  If we finish in 7th or 8th position this season, it will be an achievement.  Wilson had us at 9th and 7th in his first two seasons, with significantly better resources.

DW took over a depleted squad & moved them upwards - BT has taken over a top 3 squad & taken it backwards. If BT had taken over the same squad as DW did then it would be a first season gain

4.  There is no financial bottomless pit any more.  We are a small club trying to improve on limited resources.  The notion of us as 'the Chelsea of League One' was always ludicrous.

Yes, the purse strings have tightened, but only after BT spent money. And its still a good squad - who are now very ordinary

Fans should now get behind Tinnion and encourage him as he builds for next season.  He won't be sacked - why should he be? - and the constant sniping is doing no one any good.  We are in a similar position to the one we found ourself in in the late eighties, and need to show the same optimism we had then.  In the end, Tinnion will do a good job for us, but he is going to be here for a while and the fans should get used to it and get behind him.

I REFER TO MY POINTS ABOVE

Well if you know he is going to be around for a while, then thats it. If I had seen signs of BT doing a good job, I would be 1st to admit. But I can't see into the future only what has happened. dunno.gif

but when i say there is always next seasson, well there is cause tinion has no experience of being manager so he's learnt from his mistakes this seasson,

i think we have a good chance of getting promoted next seasson, and anyways we could still make the playoffs  wink.gif

Sorry Kid, but which mistakes has learnt from? I don't see any sign he has learned anything

We were favourites to go up at the start of the season with a squad minus only about 2 players that were capable two seasons on the trott of finishing third.

Tinnion has done a spectacular job of ripping out the heart of that squad and spent money on replacing it with pap. And in turn has showed that he has no tactical knowledge to boot. Expecting the players to do it for him and not actually showing them how to play. At least under wilson if he wanted us to be defensive then the tactics he employed would go a long way to looking defensive, likewise when he wanted the team to be attacking. With tinnion he wants to be attacking so throws on 3 strikers and then blames them for not making chances for themselves.

Tinnion has shown complete ineptitude.

Guest TheRedTruth
ermm,  dunno.gif

fair point, but i still think we have a good chance of getting promoted if not this seasson then next seasson  smile.gif

How do you work that out ? Look whose coming down and look whose coming up. Sooner or later we are going to find ourselves in a strong division and we'll be lucky to finish above 15th.

I don't think that people are purely complaining about results here, it runs much deeper than that. We've had bad finishes to a season before and season ticket numbers have gone up. We really could see a massive downturn in attendences next season if this goes on any further.

Steve.

1.  We have paid the price for our failure last season.  Defeat in Cardiff in May clearly put us back years.  There was no way we could simply start again this season, as influential players left and money was not there.

2.  Tinnion was not the cheap option; he was virtually the only option.  Given the resources he has had, and the problems he has had to confront, he has done a reasonable job.  Not a marvellous one, but for a new manager in his first season he has done as well as we could have expected.

3.  If we finish in 7th or 8th position this season, it will be an achievement.  Wilson had us at 9th and 7th in his first two seasons, with significantly better resources.

4.  There is no financial bottomless pit any more.  We are a small club trying to improve on limited resources.  The notion of us as 'the Chelsea of League One' was always ludicrous.

Fans should now get behind Tinnion and encourage him as he builds for next season.  He won't be sacked - why should he be? - and the constant sniping is doing no one any good.  We are in a similar position to the one we found ourself in in the late eighties, and need to show the same optimism we had then.  In the end, Tinnion will do a good job for us, but he is going to be here for a while and the fans should get used to it and get behind him.

Can you honestly sit at your PC and call the style and standard of football we've played this season "AN ACHIEVEMENT"?

ermm,  dunno.gif

fair point, but i still think we have a good chance of getting promoted if not this seasson then next seasson  smile.gif

I think that's known as the triumph of hope over expectation.

We have no chance at all of promotion this season, just face facts. And next season looks like being more of the same unless SOMETHING changes. We don't necessarily need a change of manager, but **something** is definitely rotten at the heart of our club.

How do you work that out ? Look whose coming down and look whose coming up. Sooner or later we are going to find ourselves in a strong division and we'll be lucky to finish above 15th.

I don't think that people are purely complaining about results here, it runs much deeper than that. We've had bad finishes to a season before and season ticket numbers have gone up. We really could see a massive downturn in attendences next season if this goes on any further.

Steve.

but i'm just saying what i think. wink.gif

but i can agree with you when you say "We really could see a massive downturn in attendences next season if this goes on any further."

I think that's known as the triumph of hope over expectation.

We have no chance at all of promotion this season, just face facts. And next season looks like being more of the same unless SOMETHING changes. We don't necessarily need a change of manager, but **something** is definitely rotten at the heart of our club.

umm, i see what you mean, but like i said, i was just saying sad.gif

Guest ashtonyate

Guest ashtonyate

So why have we got an academy This is why we are always hard up we spend too much of the clubs resoures on it.The sooner it goes the better the clubs funds will be it gives the club very little in return for the 600k a year the club put in.We should start liven in the real world not pipe dreams.

Guest Tactical Genius
2.  Tinnion was not the cheap option; he was virtually the only option.

Nonsense. Unless of course the job doesn't get advertised so that other interested parties do not get the chance to put their names forward. But no chairman in their right mind would do such a thing. Oh, wait a minute.....

Guest ashtonyate

Its about time that the club stoped paying out year after year on an academy that gives very little back.Yet we can't afford to sign a centre half for the first team which may have given us a chance of the play offs We fling money away on this pipe dream get real city.One day the penny will drop.

How little you know. How little you understand

Really cje? perhaps you would care to enlighten us, you must have some knowledge of whats happening behind the scenes. The reason I say that is because those of us who only have the evidence of our own eyes witnessed from the terraces, can see nothing other than a ragbag of players being mismanaged by an incompetent.

Tell us the reasons that it just LOOKS like Tinman can't manage. dunno.gif

How little you know.  How little you understand

Really cje? perhaps you would care to enlighten us, you must have some knowledge of whats happening behind the scenes. The reason I say that is because those of us who only have the evidence of our own eyes witnessed from the terraces, can see nothing other than a ragbag of players being mismanaged by an incompetent.

Now be fair - this isn't Mastermind, give him/her an easy one for starters

How little you know.  How little you understand

Hornbeam, you've go it all wrong mate. The football has been fantastic all season - we always get the ball down and our midfield is full of crisp passers with wingers who skin their full back and deliver quality balls into the box. The way our full backs constantly overlap is a bit gung-ho at times but never mind. The centre half's really spray the ball about and I really like the way that our central midfield players are always looking to make runs beyond the front two. Not only that but the new manager has exceeded all expectations turning relegation certainties into a respectable upper mid-table team. The discipline has been fantastic and we are easily the fittest team in the league.

Some supporters are just never satisfied!!

Hornbeam, you've go it all wrong mate. The football has been fantastic all season - we always get the ball down and our midfield is full of crisp passers with wingers who skin their full back and deliver quality balls into the box. The way our full backs constantly overlap is a bit gung-ho at times but never mind. The centre half's really spray the ball about and I really like the way that our central midfield players are always looking to make runs beyond the front two. Not only that but the new manager has exceeded all expectations turning relegation certainties into a respectable upper mid-table team. The discipline has been fantastic and we are easily the fittest team in the league.

Some supporters are just never satisfied!!

What's a Chelski fan doing on here?! biggrin.gif

Archived