IGNORED

Tinnion As Player

Dave L

Putting aside the debate about Tinnion the manager for a few moments if we may, I hope that he puts his boots on one more time and gives us 20 minutes off the bench against Doncaster. It would be nice to say a proper farewell at Ashton Gate to the player who has been such an important part of our team for so long.

Then again, there is another scenario. We win the next four games and need 3 points at Wednesday to make the PLay Offs. Tins brings himself on for a last farewell with the game poised at nil nil, and in the last minute is hacked down by Peacock in the box.

Penalty.

Up steps Tinnion .....

I need to lie down now.

Is is more than a coincidence that the performances have dropped more since Tinnion has stepped aside from playing ?

That's not entirely true....they were poor whether he played or not. laugh.gif He gave the ball away a lot early in season. And when he came off the bench, he looked awful! no one was on the same wavelength- kept kicking the ball out of play.

Tinnion needs to forget playing now, concentrate on management.

Spot on.

Even a "special" farewell appearance as sub at Wednesday would be ill advised in my view.

Rubbish. He should allow himself the opportunity to play for City one last time.

He has been a great player to City over the years and I for one hope that he makes one final appearance.

I fail to see why him coming on at Wednesday would be 'ill-advised', who are you exactly?

Guest Slinky
Don't insult me. This is a FORUM, get a grip man.

Ironic, coming from someone who has just posted a vile tirade about me on another forum.

Oh, he mentions you too Robbored. It's lovely stuff.

That's not entirely true....they were poor whether he played or not. laugh.gif He gave the ball away a lot early in season. And when he came off the bench, he looked awful! no one was on the same wavelength- kept kicking the ball out of play.

Tinnion needs to forget playing now, concentrate on management.

I don't agree.

I think the team have been better when the Tinman has been playing. Apart from that time when he gave the ball away that led to the goal, of course.

It is a great shame that his one leg is showing signs of age and he can't go on forever.

We need a midfielder of the great man's ability:

- Someone able to find Scotty far on the right with a pinpoint pass;

- Someone who can split a defence with a spot on long ball;

- Someone who has Bristol City in their blood and lifts the fans and the team;

- Someone with a footballing brain.

And that person has to be top of the shopping list. But I think he'll be impossible to find!

He should play himself in all the remaining games as his passion might just give the boys a lift!

But its ok for you call me senile?

And you call me a hypocrite!

I mean don't insult me with regards to booing a player. You have no idea what emotions I project at City matches. Booing isn't one of them, I only ever strive to display positive emotion at City games.

This however is a forum where we can all talk about what we really think is going on at City etc.

doh.gif

Have a pleasant evening. biggrin.gif

Guest Slinky
But its ok for you call me senile?

And you call me a hypocrite!

You should see what he's said on the Yellow Submarine forum about you. This is him being polite by comparison.

Putting aside the debate about Tinnion the manager for a few moments if we may, I hope that he puts his boots on one more time and gives us 20 minutes off the bench against Doncaster. It would be nice to say a proper farewell at Ashton Gate to the player who has been such an important part of our team for so long.

Then again, there is another scenario. We win the next four games and need 3 points at Wednesday to make the PLay Offs. Tins brings himself on for a last farewell with the game poised at nil nil, and in the last minute is hacked down by Peacock in the box.

Penalty.

Up steps Tinnion .....

I need to lie down now.

and take your medication! wacko.gifblink.gifcrying.gifsad.gifwink.gifrazz.gifonline2long.gifdoh.gif

Penalty.

Up steps Tinnion .....

I need to lie down now.

Perhaps if BT was still a player & we had that little bit of experience on the touchline,you wouldn't have to be dreaming Dave. wink.gif

Let him come on at home to Doncaster. The man was loved by most of us over the last 10 or so seasons. Only this season have fans shunned him. I hope he hasn't been forgotten for the good service he has done to the club city.gif

he was nearly ousted out of the club when he first got here. Got sackfuls of hate mail. Was dreadfull at the begining but changed after that liverpool goal. We'll miss him as a player though. Murray is a worse player without his crossfield balls and range of passing.

A 20 minute cameo for the last home game of the season works for me. He had his big farewell during last seasons benefit year. Tins with the cameo appearance will take his final bow to the crowd and move on as a manager. Very few players play until 37, he has been blessed with fitness and health, but as he said, time to give the job to the "younger legs".

give it a rest, any excuse for a dig.

PhatWill has only just signed up on the subbers but has been

posting on here for years i guess he is in the gang now then rolleyes.gif

all those on the sub forum are members here, mabe you should take a step

back and ask why people are hostile to you.

Guest Slinky
give it a rest, any excuse for a dig.

PhatWill has only just signed up on the subbers but has been

posting on here for years i guess he is in the gang now then  rolleyes.gif

all those on the sub forum are members here, mabe you should take a step

back and ask why people are hostile to you.

You are hostile because I dared to stand up to your forum and the fact a number of you go on there to hide and call people from this forum and the club 'c_nts'.

I see I've been banned from the Yellow Submarine forum now even though I haven't posted on there since one of your 'moderators' chose to steal my login and post pretending to be me.

So much for no censorship and freedom of speech.

Old Spot had posted that I should get involved and fight fire with fire. Bit hard to do that when you ban someone for objecting.

Still. Point proved. Your little gang didn't approve of me so you excluded me. Par for the course I'd say.

Hypocrites.

Archived