IGNORED

Scotland Future Team Squad

whitey_03

Having just read the BBC website, I have just read that Scotland have added another two players to the Future teams squad for the game against Austria next week.

I was shocked to see the names of the players who have been added to the squad. Steven Watt, who is a 19 year old defender from Chelsea, and Swindon Town striker Sam Parkin, who has Scottish granparents it seems.

Quite surprised that Walter Smith has again chose to ignore the form of a certain Lee Miller when making his additions. After scoring again last night, taking his tally to 9 goals since his move north, I would have though he wouldve been rewarded with atleast a chance to join the Futures squad. Bring back Berti Vogts, Lee would have a full international cap by now biggrin.gif

Sam Parkin though has really shocked me ohmy.gif

Heres the link,

Parkin For Scotland

Having just read the BBC website, I have just read that Scotland have added another two players to the Future teams squad for the game against Austria next week.

I was shocked to see the names of the players who have been added to the squad. Steven Watt, who is a 19 year old defender from Chelsea, and Swindon Town striker Sam Parkin, who has Scottish granparents it seems.

Quite surprised that Walter Smith has again chose to ignore the form of a certain Lee Miller when making his additions. After scoring again last night, taking his tally to 9 goals since his move north, I would have though he wouldve been rewarded with atleast a chance to join the Futures squad. Bring back Berti Vogts, Lee would have a full international cap by now biggrin.gif

dunno.gif Perhaps its because the soccer is tougher in League 1 and Parkin has been scoring goals there. It is a fact.....

dunno.gif Perhaps its because the soccer is tougher in League 1 and Parkin has been scoring goals there. It is a fact.....

I very much doubt that the manager of Scotland would think divison 1 of England is a better standard than the SPL. If he does, then he must not believe he is going to be a success as manager having to pick players like Parkin.

I think Lee has every right to be alittle annoyed at not being looked at for a call up, especially when you see players such as Stevie Crawford being a regular in the full squad, and he hasnt scored as many as Lee in the SPL this season.

Although Miller deserves a run out in the Scotland 'B' team, you've got to be a little bit happy a goalscorer has pledged his alligance to a place he's probably never been to more than twice!

In other words it seems Lee may be a little too Scottish?

Did Lee peacock ever get his cap? laugh.gif

Maybe Hearts have asked Smith not to include Miller just yet, as this would raise City's asking price yet again. As soon as the deal's done, he'll be in, mark my words.

Smith's reason was because he'd taken too many players off Hearts for that squad.

Parkin only lasted 20 minutes before injury. Shame really for him.

Also, Rory Fallon is in the New Zealand squad to face Austrailia.

Archived