IGNORED

Lee Miller

downendcity

In the light of the mixed reaction to Lee throughout this season, I was just thinking what if Lee Miller hadn't signed for us 2 years ago.

What would City fans reaction be if they heard now that Tinnion was looking to sign a young, skillful forward, currently playing in the Scots Prem Division with a decent scoring record and good reports about his form and ability and his manager and fans desperate for him to stay with them because they rate him highly.

Would we want Tinnion to sign this player and what sort of fee would we be happy for Tinnion to fork out?

In the light of the mixed reaction to Lee throughout this season, I was just thinking what if Lee Miller hadn't signed for us 2 years ago.

What would City fans reaction be if they heard now that Tinnion was looking to sign a young, skillful forward, currently playing in the Scots Prem Division with a decent scoring record and good reports about his form and ability and his manager and fans desperate for him to stay with them because they rate him highly.

Would we want Tinnion to sign this player and what sort of fee would we be happy for Tinnion to fork out?

apart from the scottish prem division bit, that's what Danny Wilson saw and that's what the Falkirk fans thought about him.

who cares biggrin.gif

hes no good for us and if we can get a good price then fair play

I still think the lad was never given a decent run in the team to prove his worth.

It is obvious that Tinnion doesn't rate him, Goodfellow, Gillespie and probably Wilkshire, which is why they're festering on loan.

All those four have better potential than some of the first team players that Tinnion is currently fielding, even if that potential is purely youth, though I think they have more than youth going for them.

I just can't help feeling that City's first team this season has been 'Tinnion's Mates' rather than players that should be there on merit.

Agreed.

And the players you mention are hardly old are they, Gillespie 20,Miller is 21, and Wilks and goodfellow 23 I think? Plenty of years left in them yet!

Tinnions will have to learn that if he continues playing his mates not to make it so obvious! Seriously, if they are the best player for that position, fair enough but has that always been the case?

he was givin a full season here and didnt impress. lets move on, he was not good enough ("didnt suit are style of play") for our team.

No he wasn't, he was given a bit role in a season alongside a strike partner who for a large part of the time was not even attempting to fire on all cylinders, we were given a brief glimpse of what he could do alongside a small quick striker, and it resulted in the absolutel annihilation of the side that Willson went out and defended a 1-0 lead from the off against in Cardiff.

As it stands i'm not sure we play to his strenghts at all considering most of our players couldn't cross a T let alone a football, so he was destined not to work as well here as he will in a team with players who can cross.

thats plain excuses which has grown old.

he still had 30 odd games with 9 goals, whos to say Peacock was not perfoming because of Miller?

I'm sorry, for me it doesnt carry that he wasnt given enough chances, he still had over 30 starts last season, and only 9 goals, and for his games for us this season, he has hardly played amazing. Lita, Brooker and Heffernan have took there chances better.

I'm sorry, for me it doesnt carry that he wasnt given enough chances, he still had over 30 starts last season, and only 9 goals, and for his games for us this season, he has hardly played amazing. Lita, Brooker and Heffernan have took there chances better.

agree 100%, but i think he should come back and play, if he don't do anything, sell him.

why should we play players based on reputations???

the other forwards that "mattglosbcfc" mentioned have taken their chances, Miller will/should get his at this club before we sell him (if we do), if we sell him, then it's money for us for a forward that couldn't score not only under tinnion but under wilson aswell. yes he's young, but if he cant play the english style of football then he should stay in scotland.

To those who say Miller wasn't given a fair chance, I think he was just unlucky in front of goal Twice last season Miller nearly scored. The game before our long winning streak was the 1-1 at Rushden. Dying minutes his shot struck a defender's leg and trickled away. At Swindon, many fans (& players) thought he had scored only for the ball to strike the post. If either had gone in City would have been up and he'd be hailed as a hero.

I think he deserves as much of a chance as Murray and Bell have had this season...

If pressed, I would say yes, because I can't think of eleven players in our current squad who have better natural ability than him.

At least when he goes down he gets a free kick, Lita's dives are an embarrassment.

Did we get rid of the diving coach in the summer as well?

Or is Murray doing the diving coaching now?

Guest Gavin1874
At least when he goes down he gets a free kick, Lita's dives are an embarrassment.

Did we get rid of the diving coach in the summer as well?

Or is Murray doing the diving coaching now?

Great goal again today even though we lost. He loves it at Hearts! We will sign soon, what ever the price, you didn't want him and we most certainly do!

Guest Gavin1874
done!

Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it.

within reason of course, but we seem to be arguing over 50,000 or so, which these days is nothing, some players get that in a week!

Guest alex1089

Hearts fan, whats the talk of the price for Miller up in Hearts? How much do you think you will get him for? And whats the price you personally rate him at??

Guest ScottishRed
Is today Hearts last game of the season? If it is does this mean that he can return to City this week? And if he can come back this week, who thinks that he will?

No, there's still 5 games left!!!

Guest ScottishRed

I see your point, but there's no way Miller would leave the SPL to join City! He's a quality player and would have proven that given time and decent service at City!

Guest markreynolds1986

Who is Miller playing alongside at Hearts ? Does any1 know ?

I'm only aware of two strikers there and I'm not even sure if they are still there

Mark De Vries ?

Ramon Piera ?

Would be interesting to see the size of the lad hes playing alongside to get an idea of his game play as we never saw what Lee was comfortable with ?

Guest Gavin1874
Who is Miller playing alongside at Hearts ? Does any1 know ?

I'm only aware of two strikers there and I'm not even sure if they are still there

Mark De Vries ?

Ramon Piera ?

Would be interesting to see the size of the lad hes playing alongside to get an idea of his game play as we never saw what Lee was comfortable with ?

The price being quoted up here is £220,000 with add ons up to the £375,000 that was paid for him. Apparently we offered £175,000 but are going back with an increased bid. Personally I would pay the asking price NOW before a bidding war starts, he is playing really well and scoring every week, what more can we ask for!!?? He is playing along side Mark Burchill, ex-Celtic on loan from Pompey. Mark DeVries defected with Craig Levein to Leicester and Ramon Pereira is not in the picture at all.

I see your point, but there's no way Miller would leave the SPL to join City! He's a quality player and would have proven that given time and decent service at City!

i'd love to hear him say that he's "too good for the club and wants to leave" when his loan spell expires. i would cry with laughter if he said that.

I think he deserves as much of a chance as Murray and Bell have had this season...

If pressed, I would say yes, because I can't think of eleven players in our current squad who have better natural ability than him.

I would say that the players who have played up front have been scoring or playing well. The same can't of been said of Bell and Murray (who have both been dropped on various occasions this season).

I would like to know also how people would have fitted Gillespie into this season. I don't think he has really been frozen out, more the fact that our 3 main strikers have played well and he would not have had a look in. Surely it makes sense for him to go on loan?

Archived