IGNORED

Left Foot,right Foot Or Up The Middle

Robbored

Well, I await with baited breath the debut of the new player Goodfellow.Its seems he's multi talented with the abilty to play on the right despite being naturally left footed.

It means though' that if he's wide right that he'll find it difficult to get to the by-line as he'll naturally want to cut inside - just like Wilkshire used to.

Now put yourself in the position of Peacock,Miller,Lita or Roberts.You see the new boy tearing down the right wing and you'll race into the box to get on the end of his cross - only to find that he cuts inside! - how frustrating is that for any striker?Not only does it do it once,but almost every time so in the end you don't sprint into the box with same gusto.

It maybe that the players will have difficulty with that in the same way that they had dificulties with Wilkshire when he played there.

That said - I don't want to pre-judge the guy :wacko: bfore he's kicked a ball in anger for City but I hope Wilson has anticipated that the above could happen.

Now put yourself in the position of Peacock,Miller,Lita or Roberts.You see the new boy tearing down the right wing and you'll race into the box to get on the end of his cross - only to find that he cuts inside! - how frustrating is that for any striker?Not only does it do it once,but almost every time so in the end you don't sprint into the box with same gusto.

Well they seemed to manage with Scott last season OK, lets face it he didn't score all those goals without being a little selfish.

At times he cut so far inside that he had to straighten up to hit it with his right foot again! :wacko:

Guest pogue mahone

isn't that what roberts does on the wing now though ? except for when he's failing to beat the full back or kicking the ball out for a goal kick of course.

isn't that what roberts does on the wing now though ? except for when he's failing to beat the full back or kicking the ball out for a goal kick of course.
Funny though isn't it.

When Scott was doing the same thing the first couple of seasons he was with us, he was always encouraged to keep going.

Roberts has never been afforded the same comfort even though a lot of people have said that he shows more potential at this particular point in his career than Scott did at the same point in his career.

Perhaps more cheering for him and less calling for a replacement at the first sign of a couple of unforced errors would do him the world of good?

Guest pogue mahone

neo, the difference being that scott murray joined us with less than 10 first team appearances under his belt and the ability to control the football when it was passed to him.

whereas roberts had around 100 first team appearances under his belt when he joined and even after the 50 or so additional appearances he has made for us never looks like he has the sphere under control.

by the time murray had played 150 games he was a vital member of the team

I have to admit I am really unsure about this signing.

1. I'm not sure we need a right winger as Roberts has looked good out there. I really wish he'd been given 10 games out there earlier in the season so we could make a better judgement.

2. Can't get into Stoke's team? mmmm I hope that's just Pulis refusing to play any flair players.

3. Left footed!?! Wilkshire all over again? He can be as good as he likes but he MUST be not just content with playing at right wing but it should be his best position. The only thing is maybe he gives Brown a run for his money on the left and Roberts DOES keep his place at right wing.

But we have him and I'll back the lad. I just really hope this bad feeling I have about the signing proves to be wrong.

Archived