IGNORED

I don't Often Post On Otib

bristolborn_and_red

a director in disguise.

I mean there seems to be a serious amout of illogical brownoseing spouting from his orifices'.

Any thoughts?

There was a time you could have got lower odds on Elvis being found on the Moon than someone suspecting Robbored was a director in disguise! laugh.gif

You have to give RR credit for saying what he thinks, regardless of whether it's the 'trendy' view on the forum. The trouble with this forum these days is that unless you are whinging or slagging the club off, you are ridiculed. Are you only allowed to speak your mind provided it's to slag off someone at the club?

Can we have a bit of perspective back on here, please? All this stuff about the badge, shirt and season tickets is just way OTT.

Guest Tactical Genius

You don't post as often as him. You don't go to as many games as him. Let's face it you're not as true a fan as him.

The main problem with God is that he thinks he's Robbored.

There was a time you could have got lower odds on Elvis being found on the Moon than someone suspecting Robbored was a director in disguise!  laugh.gif

You have to give RR credit for saying what he thinks, regardless of whether it's the 'trendy' view on the forum. The trouble with this forum these days is that unless you are whinging or slagging the club off, you are ridiculed. Are you only allowed to speak your mind provided it's to slag off someone at the club?

Can we have a bit of perspective back on here, please? All this stuff about the badge, shirt and season tickets is just way OTT.

Excuse me ...... what is wrong with having an opinion devoid of perspective...... have you ever actually read the sun?

It's only opinions RedTop ........ as you of all people know biggrin.gif

There is more slaging to come before the new dawn.......... and we all want the new dawn don't we..... i.e. Bristol City rise to a higher level

I don't really care who does it mate..... Tinnion or someone else........ I just have that hope in my Bristol City heart that we can get back to the kind of position that we all think that we should be in........

Tell me that I am wrong, did you not you cry(or very nearly did) when we didn't go up last year at Cardiff......... yes I was there too as was half my family.............. it hurt didn't it?

All those years of hope........ tell me that you care if it is Tinnion or someone else.......... You are City and I know that like me you really don't care 'Who' just that we do it!

Let the forum say what it wants........... I feel even the most down hearted comments are still tempered with BRISTOL CITY FC at heart.......................... positive or negative.... wide Church and all that wink.gif

COME ON YOU REDS!

"UP THE CITY" as my Dear old 'Nan Bristol' used to say.

Excuse me ...... what is wrong with having an opinion devoid of perspective...... have you ever actually read the sun?

It's only opinions RedTop ........ as you of all people know  biggrin.gif

There is more slaging to come before the new dawn.......... and we all want the new dawn don't we..... i.e. Bristol City rise to a higher level

I don't really care who does it mate..... Tinnion or someone else........ I just have that hope in my Bristol City heart that we can get back to the kind of position that we all think that we should be in........

Tell me that I am wrong, did you not you cry(or very nearly did) when we didn't go up last year at Cardiff......... yes I was there too as was half my family.............. it hurt didn't it?

All those years of hope........ tell me that you care if it is Tinnion or someone else.......... You are City and I know that like me you really don't care 'Who' just  that we do it!

Let the forum say what it wants........... I feel even the most down hearted comments are still tempered with BRISTOL CITY FC at heart.......................... positive or negative.... wide Church and all that  wink.gif

COME ON YOU REDS!

"UP THE CITY" as my Dear old 'Nan Bristol' used to say.

Gosh. Well, I'm not sure where you get the idea I oppose opinions devoid of perspective. It's actually impossible to have an opinion devoid of perspective if you think about it, but I digress...

In fact my point was that our club IS a wide church, as you say. However, some people on here seem to measure how much you care about the club by how much you slag off everyone in it. The two are not synonymous. Yet I sense an underlying current from many that if you don't have extreme views, you don't have extreme emotions about the club and don't love the club. That's just rubbish.

As I've said, in my opinion the wailing and gnashing of teeth over the season ticket prices, badge and new shirt is just absurd. I'm not saying that people can't dislike any of the three, or indeed all of them at once, but the reaction seems to be bordering on hysteria from some parts.

In answer to your other question, I have a lot of respect for Tinman and like him as a person, but no I don't care who is manager provided we get promotion. I suspect, and hope, that our chairman feels that way too. After all, he's the fan with the most at stake. What I do care about is that we play football the way it is played. If someone told me Bobby Gould would take over and get us up by hoofing it up the field, I'd rather have another manager and take my chances.

There is no question the club has underperformed on the pitch and is still doing so. Perhaps the wailing about shirts, badges etc is displaced frustration at the on-the-field disappointments. I don't know whether Tinman or another manager would have better success next season. I think Tinman's made better signings than Wilson - Brooker being a good example - and is getting more out of the young players - Lita, Cotterill etc. I think he has a lot to learn about tactics and motivation, though that comes from experience I guess. But if I were chairman I honestly don't know what I would do. I suspect I'd give Tinman at least another year to show he can turn it round, as to be fair he's not had long. However, if I'm truthful I'm just glad it's not my decision to take.

I do know one thing, though. Whoever is in charge next season, and however well or badly we play, I'll be cheering the lads along at every game I can get to, home and away, because I love Bristol City. And I know I won't be alone.

Guest WillsbridgeRed
Robbored and I drive to matches together and I can confirm that is he neither a director, nor Richard Gould.

But is he a romantic?

Disagree with everything he says near enough BUT still take the time to read every word as it's always worthwhile.

Archived