IGNORED

Miller Deal

Laner

Made me laugh this morning reading about the Miller deal and how the deal is "on hold" because our Board are now demanding more than originally requested because he's played well on loan.....

.... isn't this exactly the same thing Peterborough tried with Craig Ireland?

Its common practice to either pay as little as possible or get as much as possible depending on whether your're buying or selling anything.We all like a good deal.

And thats what City and Hearts are doing albeit from different positions.They'll reach a compromise especially as Miller has no future at AG under Tinnion.

Made me laugh this morning reading about the Miller deal and how the deal is "on hold" because our Board are now demanding more than originally requested because he's played well on loan.....

In my book thats good business, why the hell should we take a hit on player who will clearly be worth treble what he's worth now in a year or so?

If Jambo's want him they pay our asking price, he's our player after all mad.gif

If you invested 325k in a property, would you sell it for 100k so someone else can make a mint later?

Only if your very stupid, our Chairman is not.

wink.gif

Its like my bloody customers and part exchanges. They will want the maximum possible price on the car they are part exchanging and the minimum possible price for the car they are buying. Idiots but its just the way business works.

Why does that make them idiots? Would you not think the same if renewing your car?

Guest Hampshire Red
Its like my bloody customers and part exchanges. They will want the maximum possible price on the car they are part exchanging and the minimum possible price for the car they are buying. Idiots but its just the way business works.

Are you the guy from BTC thats just signed a deal to sponsor us....????

Guest Hampshire Red

The true difference is that we agreed a fee at the start of the loan period of Ireland and then Peterborough asked for more.

Lee went to Hearts to get first team experience, and help with his battle on fitness. No fee was ever agreed until Hearts expressed an interest in signing him.

Seems fair that a reasonable price be agreed, which will only be what someone is prepared to pay for him. I thought Rangers were keeping a close on him too...

Any dealer with such a low opinion of his customers is in the wrong business.

Hearts had two initial options:

1.£150k transfer, no loan.

2.Loan, then negotiate.

They went for option 2, probably because they were skint at the time, so it's a bit churlish to want option 1 now,isn't it?

If we can get anywhere near our money back, including the add ons, I'll be ecstatic for the club and Lee.

Well, I'll be ecstatic until we don't reinvest it in the squad, as looks likely.

Things to remember when selling a car:

1.It's very unlikely, unless it's a vintage model,that it'll ever be worth more than it is today.

2.The price to change is the sole figure of interest.

"Of course I'll give you ten grand for your clapped out Sierra, Sir.The Focus you need? Yes, it's the one with 32 grand on the windscreen!!"

Reading todays Scottish Daily Express, there was an article about the Lee Miller deal. It starts off "Hearts ranting.gif have blown a fuse ranting.gif with greedy Bristol City bosses after being hit with a £400,000 asking price for strike star Lee Miller." It go'es on to say "Hearts made a £200,000 offer for the free scoring forward at the start of the month which was rejected. City then returned with a package that would have seen the total price for Miller rise to more than £400,000. Tynecastle chiefs are privately seething at the attitude of the Ashton Gate club, who were reportedly prepared to offload the 21 year old for as little as £150,000 at the turn of the year."

Also listerning to the radio (Real radio football phone-in)some-one phoned in too talk about Lee Miller and said that he was desperate to play European football next season and will be signing for the other club in Edinburgh "HIBS".

You heard it here first and then again maybe not!

city.gifcity.gifcity.gif

Archived