IGNORED

Pig-headed Ignorance

Keepers Ball

Why do I get the sickening feeling those "Men in Suits" at Ashton Gate, don't give a flying fig what I or any of you think ?

We don't like the badge.We have remonstrated for months we don't like the badge and yet the decision to change it still went ahead.

Now we have a new shirt that was designed and okayed under the assumption we were going to like it !

As the title says "Pig-Headed Ignorance" mad.gif

Why do I get the sickening feeling those "Men in Suits" at Ashton Gate, don't give a flying fig what I or any of you think ?

We don't like the badge.We have remonstrated for months we don't like the badge and yet the decision to change it still went ahead.

Now we have a new shirt that was designed and okayed under the assumption we were going to like it !

As the title says "Pig-Headed Ignorance" mad.gif

Its not pig-headed ignorance at all - its common sense.

The problem with trying to seek mass approval is that its time consuming and at the end of the day you can't reach a decision.

"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please

all of the people all of the time".

The problem with trying to seek mass approval is that its time consuming and at the end of the day you can't reach a decision.

Surely you've heard of polls where say 4 different designs are put forward and the one with the most votes is chosen. This cannot be difficult to organise given that the club has the ADDRESS of 9000 different supporters. It certainly didn't cause a problem when they sent round circulars asking me to buy a debenture seat and a brick or three.

They can always please you though, can't they Robbored.

So your sentiment is that we are merely fans, whose opinions don't count? dunno.gif

Without us, there is no club. They should be striving to please the fans, like other clubs do.

I remember that a couple of seasons ago, Charlton were given a choicce of four new home shirts. They decided that they didn't like any of them. So what did the Charlton board do? They changed the designs, and gave them three more to choose from.

We aren't given a choice, and when we give our opinions, Mr. Gould, the brilliant mind that he is, tells us that we are wrong and not representative of the majority of City fans.

Well Mr. Gould, I beg to differ.

Surely you've heard of polls where say 4 different designs are put forward and the one with the most votes is chosen. This cannot be difficult to organise given that the club has the ADDRESS of 9000 different supporters. It certainly didn't cause a problem when they sent round circulars asking me to buy a debenture seat and a brick or three.

Have you asked Gould why the club didn't do this?

I'm guessing but maybe its got something to do with the deal City have with the shirt makers.Limited options or something along those lines.

Have you asked Gould why the club didn't do this?

I'm guessing but maybe its got something to do with the deal City have with the shirt makers.Limited options or something along those lines.

You've actually summed it up there Robbored. TFG are so good that they are unable to come up with four different shirt designs!! That presumably explains the shared Away kit with some Scottish club last season.

My guess is that Mr Gould and his Commercially superb department didn't give the design more than a minutes thought and blindly accepted whatever TFG decided to come up with.

But whatever the rights and wrongs, the club seem to stumble from one PR disaster to the next without learning any lessons.

Why am i not surprised with this reply from you Robbored ?

As usual always the opposite

You've actually summed it up there Robbored. TFG are so good that they are unable to come up with four different shirt designs!! That presumably explains the shared Away kit with some Scottish club last season.

My guess is that Mr Gould and his Commercially superb department didn't give the design more than a minutes thought and blindly accepted whatever TFG decided to come up with.

But whatever the rights and wrongs, the club seem to stumble from one PR disaster to the next without learning any lessons.

Have you posted this question on the SteveL forum? I can't be arsed to look but it would be interesting to know whats behind the decision.Maybe Gould could explain why they didn't consult the fans.

Have you posted this question on the SteveL forum? I can't be arsed to look but it would be interesting to know whats behind the decision.Maybe Gould could explain why they didn't consult the fans.

I've noticed you have used 'I can't be arsed' more frequently lately.

Maybe you could adopt a similar philosophy before posting on some less than supportive threads? I really wouldn't mind, your self-appointed superfan status would be unaffected, I promise.

We all know you do it for a reaction. sleeping.gifsleeping.gif

Robbored, question-do you actually see any problems, in your alternative Bristol City? What would, in your opinion be something going wrong?

This season has been one PR balls up, after another.......which is surprisingly why there are so many negative posts, slanging matches, uproar, and general mayhem.

Is there actually anything wrong at City, in your opinion?

In my opinion, the only good thing to happen so far this season is Leeeeeeroy, which I'll happily admit I was initially unhappy with, but he's proved me 100% wrong.

Oh yeah Aaron, Leapy, Burnell, Matthews going.

Everything else has partially or totally gone Pete Tong-and that aint being negative, thats a fact of life.

Archived