IGNORED

My Bizarre Dream

tompo

I've just woken from a bizarre dream. And this is the honest truth.

I dreamt we were beating Notts County 5-0 and it wasn't even half time. Peacock got the first 3 goals and got fouled in the box for a penalty.

It was chucking it down with rain and the pitch was a quagmire. That did not stop Tinman, who put the down somewhere in the vicinity of the spot, which was under water. He took one step back and side footed it to the right of the keeper. 4-0 and what a way to celebrate 500 games. Brilliant, especially as he had used his right foot.

No sooner had County kicked off, we won the ball back and someone hit a pass in to the box for Goodfellow to chase (strangely he was wearing tracksuit botttoms). Unfortunately a defender got there first but only put it past the keeper for an own goal.

It was at this point that I woke up, elated and confused.

Although my heart says we should win and have predicted 2-1 ( Willsbridge Red will know what I'm talking about) my head says there are factors pointing to us being lucky get a point and the usual doom and gloom next week.

By the way there is some irony in this post (thought it best to point it out). Well done to all of those who spotted it.

Of course Tinman would never take a penalty with his right foot.

I've just woken from a bizarre dream.  And this is the honest truth.

I dreamt we were beating Notts County 5-0 and it wasn't even half time.  Peacock got the first 3 goals and got fouled in the box for a penalty. 

It was chucking it down with rain and the pitch was a quagmire.  That did not stop Tinman, who put the down somewhere in the vicinity of the spot, which was under water.  He took one step back and side footed it to the right of the keeper.  4-0 and what a way to celebrate 500 games.  Brilliant, especially as he had used his right foot.

No sooner had County kicked off, we won the ball back and someone hit a pass in to the box for Goodfellow to chase (strangely he was wearing tracksuit botttoms).  Unfortunately a defender got there first but only put it past the keeper for an own goal.

It was at this point that I woke up, elated and confused.

Although my heart says we should win and have predicted 2-1 ( Willsbridge Red will know what I'm talking about) my head says there are factors pointing to us being lucky get a point and the usual doom and gloom next week.

By the way there is some irony in this post (thought it best to point it out).  Well done to all of those who spotted it. 

Of course Tinman would never take a penalty with his right foot.

At least I managed to get the score right in reality (2-1).

Archived