IGNORED

Marcus Stewart Rumour Again

atyeoboy17

In todays Daily Sport ( yes i am a pervert ), it is revealed that Sunderland are to try and sign Kevin Phillips from Southampton as a replacement for Marcus Stewart, who is to join either Hull City or Bristol City in the close season. What worries me is that if he states that he wants to join us, will Tinman turn around and say he does not want him.

I can see Marcus scoring at least 30 goals in this league, and see him as a must signing if he wants to join us, i am sure we could sell Heffernan and Miller to supplement him signing.

We could keep Brooker, Gillespie, Cotterell, and possible Lita, giving us 5 attackers next season including Stewart.

Can you imagine what Stewart could teach the younger players if he was to join.

Add to him 2 new big brute ball winning centre halves, and a left sided midfielder, and i don't think we will be too far away next season.

We may finish in the play-offs this season, but i fell its too early for our group of younsters to go up this year.

In todays Daily Sport ( yes i am a pervert ), it is revealed that Sunderland are to try and sign Kevin Phillips from Southampton as a replacement for Marcus Stewart, who is to join either Hull City or Bristol City in the close season. What worries me is that if he states that he wants to join us, will Tinman turn around and say he does not want him.

I can see Marcus scoring at least 30 goals in this league, and see him as a must signing if he wants to join us, i am sure we could sell Heffernan and Miller to supplement him signing.

We could keep Brooker, Gillespie, Cotterell, and possible Lita, giving us 5 attackers next season including Stewart.

Can you imagine what Stewart could teach the younger players if he was to join.

Add to him 2 new big brute ball winning centre halves, and a left sided midfielder, and i don't think we will be too far away next season.

We may finish in the play-offs this season, but i fell its too early for our group of younsters to go up this year.

Daily Sport, now i know its crap.

Until Stewart sings the contract, i aint believeing any paper talk

Guest skybluelori

This is a load of rubbish because my friends dad is marcus stewarts agent and he is not going to move to a league one club, in my opinion why the hell would he choose us over hull in a new stadium with quality crowds and championship football.we've got a young manager with little or no prospects.

This is a load of rubbish because my friends dad is marcus stewarts agent and he is not going to move to a league one club, in my opinion why the hell would he choose us over hull in a new stadium with quality crowds and championship football.we've got a young manager with little or no prospects.

When you say "we've" or "us" do you mean Bristol City or Coventry City?

when was the last time an ex england international played for city?

Osman I think.

Stewart is a very good player but to be honest our front line is the strongest part of the team and I'd rather see the money spent elsewhere.

Unless we see Leroy and/or Heffernan move I don't think we should sign him.

Nibor

I live in Sunderland and was at their match on Sat and the rumor up here is that Stewart WANTS to see his playing days out at the Gate.

Whether a deal can be done is a different matter but i would like to see him at City, he a quality player and would score 30+ goals a season for for us.

city.gif

Guest ashtonyate
when was the last time an ex england international played for city?

When was the last time an old but good premiership player played for us one who had played 100+games. ???

City remined me of the Basil Fawlty programme the one with o'riley builders. In it with the doors, and Sibel says why did you use them Basil,he sayes because they are cheap, and she sayes there cheap but there no bloody good and I think that what i see with a lot of our signings Dinning Murray etc.Ever good side needs a few class old pros and we haven't any at all.

It shouldn't matter how many forwards we have at the moment, if Stewart wants to coem to us, he should be welcomed. He is by far a better player than what we have here at the moment.

Seeing that he wants to end his career here is the icing on the cake really.

We have more of a chance getting him ijn at the end of the season than past years so why not?

If I was Tinnion I would deffiently ask his agent or sunderland about his interests

I live in Sunderland and was at their match on Sat and the rumor up here is that Stewart WANTS to see his playing days out at the Gate.

Yes I heard the same, from Marcus himself, but the fact that at some point he might want to, is quite different to it actually happening.

Personally I would love to see him play for city biggrin.gif

Osman I think.

Stewart is a very good player but to be honest our front line is the strongest part of the team and I'd rather see the money spent elsewhere.

Unless we see Leroy and/or Heffernan move I don't think we should sign him.

Nibor

If he wanst to join us and we can afford the wages sign him immediately. He is a lot better than anyone else we have up front.

Who knows what wheeling and dealing will develop through' the close season?

I'll bet that not even Landsdown or Tinnion know exactly how things will turn out.

One thing is for sure - Tinnion will want a dominant center back as a priority followed by a quality midfielder.

That said if, as suspected either Lita or Hefferna departs over the summer that would leave room for Stewart and his signing would definately be good for buisness.

If he wanst to join us and we can afford the wages sign him immediately.  He is a lot better than anyone else we have up front.

the partnership of stewart and lita or hef and lit would be good enough for the lower end of the prem. We would go up without a doubt

city.gif

hef and lit would be good enough for the lower end of the prem.  We would go up without a doubt

lita & heff, why oh why oh why

oh dear... i know optomism is good, but my god that is just awful.

its far too lightweight, that partnership cant handle this division, how can it cope with prem players, or even championship defenders.

KEEP THE FAITH

CITY TILL I DIE city.gifcity.gif

He has earnt his money at Sunderland and is looking for a move back to Bristol as he has family here AND he is a City fan.

city.gif

lita & heff, why oh why oh why

oh dear... i know optomism is good, but my god that is just awful.

its far too lightweight, that partnership cant handle this division, how can it cope with prem players, or even championship defenders.

KEEP THE FAITH

CITY TILL I DIE city.gif  city.gif

sorry my mate. it came out all wrong. i ment lita with stewart.

Fact is Marcus Stewart is a local chap and is always back in the city, often seen out and about with his friends who have not moved away from Bristol. That alone gives us a better chance than most of signing him.

MS would be a super addition and I think the club should do everything in their power to try and secure his services for next season. I mean don't get me wrong, Lita and Brooker have performed admirably this year, but Stewart is a proven goal scorer at a far higher level and if he serious wants to join and play for the club of his boy-hood dreams, he could notch a massive amount of goals for us.

Lita and Stewart with Wiltshire just behind pulling the strings. Now that would be exciting to watch.

Not this again banghead.gif Can't someone go out and find a big centre-half and a left-sided midfielder with links to Bristol it would make a far more feasable story then. At this moment in time we do NOT need another forward. If leroy stays next season who will get dropped? Brooker? I doubt it. The wages it would take to get Marcus here could attract at least one decent centre-half. No matter what people say, MS will not come here and play for peanuts his agent would make sure of that!

Not this again banghead.gif  Can't someone go out and find a big centre-half and a left-sided midfielder with links to Bristol it would make a far more feasable story then. At this moment in time we do NOT need another forward. If leroy stays next season who will get dropped? Brooker? I doubt it. The wages it would take to get Marcus here could attract at least one decent centre-half. No matter what people say, MS will not come here and play for peanuts his agent would make sure of that!

thank god, somebody who agrees. Miller will have to go if Stewart comes, the forwards pecking list will go Stewart, Lita, Brooker, Heffernan, Miller, Gillespie. yet most people are calling for tinman to play miller next year, you cant drop lita and put brooker as 4th choice striker, no way.

i don't think he'll sign. if he did, how many seasons will he be playing for???

i agree with red as (I tried to say a naughty word), spend the money on positions we need..

What worries me is not whether he wants to come to us, or even whether we need him. What worries me is WHY he wants to come to us. Yes, he's a City fan. But if I were Tinman I would want to be 100 per cent convinced he isn't just looking for a nice easy number and to play in the comfort zone before I took him on. I would want to know he is still hungry for success and has the right attitude, rather than thinking he's doing us a favour by signing for us.

I would hate a repeat of the embarrassing saga when Tinman first became boss, put himself in the team and then tried to run everything himself because he thought he was better than the rest of the players. Football is a team game.

On the other hand, if he could come here and do what Jordan did - bring a buzz, a bit of quality and show the youngsters exactly what sort of professional attitude is needed to succeed in this game - then he'd be a welcome addition.

I still can't help wishing he were a left-sided midfield player, though...

Archived