IGNORED

Phillips

jimtastic

Phillips has got cheek! Dismayed my arse..

He might have pulled off some decent saves this season but thats his job!

What Phillips needs to look at is the amount of clangers he's dropped this season.He must have cost City at least 9 points with his diving over the ball,misjudgeing the bounce,dodgy punching and flapping at crosses.Good 'keepers make very few error's and Phillips has made loads this season.

He's got a very inflated opinion of his own ability in my view.If he's that good why's he playing in Division 1?

What Phillips needs to look at is the amount of clangers he's dropped this season.He must have cost City at least 9 points with his diving over the ball,misjudgeing the bounce,dodgy punching and flapping at crosses.Good 'keepers make very few error's and Phillips has made loads this season.

He's got a very inflated opinion of his own ability in my view.If he's that good why's he playing in Division 1?

Finally, a Robbored post I totally agree with! englandsmile4wf.gif

Or were you being sarcastic? doh.gif

He's good, but he could be a lot better and IMHO is at his level in League 1. I await the Phillipps is God fan-clubs retorts! ph34r.gif

Finally, a Robbored post I totally agree with!  englandsmile4wf.gif

Or were you being sarcastic?  doh.gif

He's good, but he could be a lot better and IMHO is at his level in League 1.  I await the Phillipps is God fan-clubs retorts!  ph34r.gif

Phillips is god. I would be getting ready to dodge thunderbolts if I was you Neo! biggrin.gif

I think he is a top class shot stopper and well worth his place in the team. Like a lot of our players he has areas he could improve upon. If he didn't he would have been poached by a bigger club. I think he could play higher as arguably he has been better this season than last. Didn't have much to do last season did he!!

He must have cost City at least 9 points with his diving over the ball,misjudgeing the bounce,dodgy punching and flapping at crosses.

Surely he's saved us more points this season than he's cost us? One of the few players that looks like he actually want's to play for us IMO & I reckon we're lucky to have him.

In fairness to Phillips, he used the word 'disappointed', while the headline was dismayed. Robberred is right though; great shotstopper, not much else....

Surely he's saved us more points this season than he's cost us? One of the few players that looks like he actually want's to play for us IMO & I reckon we're lucky to have him.

He is also one of the only players to be able to give a good interview. Always seems to be positive and trys to compliment a lot of people. Maybe he should do the interviews instead of Tinnion.

Guest Tactical Genius
He's got a very inflated opinion of his own ability in my view. If he's that good why's he playing in Division 1?

That's the problem with most of the squad. The difference between perceived and actual ability.

But some would see your comments as mindless, needless whinging. A classic case, in fact.

I think Steve just wants a little love & attention, bless. wub.gif

We all want to feel loved.

He has his critics, but thats not important right now.

He just need to keep 5 consecutive clean sheets, praying smiley.gif then he'll be known as

Steve 'the Stopper' Phillips. devil.gif

he isnt a bad keeper in this division but i feel he would be out his depth any higher.

Hehas to remember hes only playing against average/poor strikers in this league,but my god he can talk a good game think he needs to concentrate more on his all round performance than waffling crap all over the place

Yes, Phillips is crap.

Lets sell him, because there are so many other keepers better than him in our league and the league above. (Is there a smiley that conveys sarcasm?)

I sometimes wonder if some of you support City or come on here just to quench your thirst for a good whinge.

who said he was crap thers a difference of being crap and talking crap

• Admin

I would hope that each and everyone of our players were disappointed not to be named in the PFA squad, perhaps that they aren't is indicative of the attitudes which Tinman is trying to change.

Shouldn't one of the aims of next season be to see a majority of City players in the PFA team?

And anyway, don't forget, Stevie sent the sags down... biggrin.gif

If it wasn't for Litas' 29 goals, Steve Phillips would of walked this seasons Player Of The Year, and I for two am surprised he didn't make the divisional side.

A excellent keeper and still relatively young.

Possibly cos Beresford was better-shock & horror? His distribution definitely is........ rolleyes.gif

Jokin aside Only Phillips and Leeeroy for player of the season, and Leeeroy is young player, and Stevo player of the season.

He aint the worlds greatest, but hes as good as anyone else at our level. For those who say hes cost us, I'd say remember some games hes either kept us in,or kept the score down. The defence in front of him, as it was last season, is the problem. wink.gif

Archived